What's new

Pakistan to give preference to Pakistani Military products.

Actually they have to make this rule not because they want Pakistan to be self reliant or whatever or pakistani industry making world class equipment . It seems to because Pakistan does not enough doller left to buy gizmo from outside.

India keeping improting, We Pakistani following China

Actually, I think it's a good thing. It'll help grow the domestic quality of weapons up and keep costs down. Sure the weapons may be substandard in the beginning, but the US didn't build the world's largest defense industry by buying from foreign nations, now did it?

Though, i do have to say, the PA needs a new rifle. Sure the G-3 has served PA reliably for decades, but it's time to upgrade.

Naturally I have a different opinion on these things ! :D

I think these things & perhaps others too should be decided through a proper Decision Matrix; say you score different options or different proposals presented by different vendors on a scale of 0 to 100 & account for domestic production by awarding (say!) 10 points to those firms who're based in Pakistan whereas the other 90 points have to do with everything from 'performance' to 'value for money' & other parameters !

Its a good move in my opinion, it will ensure self reliance in arms and weaponry in the future.....

1154.gif

Pakistani forces will be stopped by government to import those things which are being produced by Pakistani factories weather in POF or Taxila or Karachi Shipyard or Kamra they will have to only rely on these factories for those products for others they can buy from other countries
@Aeronaut @Oscar @nuclearpak @Manticore @fatman17 @jaibi @Pakistanisage @Slav Defence @balixd @Areesh @A.Rafay @AUz @mafiya @Chak Bamu @tarrar @Talon @Alpha1 @Awesome @Armstrong

Pakistan Police should acquire quality equipment from Local producers instead of from other countries...

That doesn't sound encouraging ! :(

Promoting Indigenous Production shouldn't come at the cost of forcing the State Security Apparatus to acquire, possibly, sub-standard equipment just because its Made in Pakistan ! :undecided:
oye pappu kesa ha. Barhi sohni picture lagaye hue ha.:lol:

Ab yakeen aya tu Kashmiri lagta b ha.:rofl:

India keeping improting, We Pakistani following China
China had to stop importing cause EU and US won't sell them. Still no one knows the quality of chinese systems other then wannabies and chinese armed forces. ANd pakistan is going to stop imports cause u not hv money to pay for. Dont make one liners quote plz.

Promoting Indigenous Production shouldn't come at the cost of forcing the State Security Apparatus to acquire, possibly, sub-standard equipment just because its Made in Pakistan ! :undecided:

well there will always be a better product than yours, then who is going to buy your own product.

Bad move in my view. The Mushaq being used by the Army is an example. It is not the aircraft for the FAC role and only serves as a trainer. In the FAC role it replaced the excellent L-3 Grasshopper... which would have been better served by an armed version of the T-37.

Other places where vested interests have pushed substandard or unsuited local equipment in efforts to make commissions include Aircraft spares, electronics , weapons and other misc items.

It is ONLY a good move if the clause "Meeting international standards" is added to the local equipment.

It is the right Policy. Every country in the World prefers to use its own Product.

You will never see a US President in a Mercedes or BMW.

His official cars are produced in the US.
But the new presidential helicopter is European. So is the new trainer for the AF the T-6 Texas is a swiss design.. the Navy trains with derivatives of the Hawk Trainer and so on and on.

i think , it might be a good move, but we have to see on which items this policy apply

no, actually it will force POF to raise its standards and in long term will give them a long term customer

Naturally I have a different opinion on these things ! :D

I think these things & perhaps others too should be decided through a proper Decision Matrix; say you score different options or different proposals presented by different vendors on a scale of 0 to 100 & account for domestic production by awarding (say!) 10 points to those firms who're based in Pakistan whereas the other 90 points have to do with everything from 'performance' to 'value for money' & other parameters !
Personally, I think Pakistan should take the US approach. Ever since the US enacted "American first" law a long time ago, their domestic defence industry has grown exponentially. Basically, the law stated that the US would treat American products preferentially, if the products have similar specifications with their foreign counter parts, regardless of quality.

I've heard a new variant of the G 3 called the G 3 M is either being procured or produced.

It's still essentially the same rifle, Pakistan really needs to move away from the G-3 and start thinking of replacing the rifle, because the next generation of warfare is clearly heading towards smart rifles and future soldier programs. If things stay the way they are, nations like India will soon outclass Pakistani equipment down to the single infantry soldier.

Most Pakistani weapons are made on license anyways, so they are of high quality.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom