What's new

Pakistan to give preference to Pakistani Military products.

A good move . rather then drawing lines for category of weapons, decision is appreciable, will impact in many good way in long run :)

This is a good move. At least let's give our local products a chance. This is a good opportunity to determine if our products are worthy or require improvement

On the surface it appears to be a good move provided the locally manufactured stuff is equivalent or better in quality to the imported one.

However, i wont take any proposal from current corrupt regime without a pinch of salt, no matter how good it appears on the surface.

I begin to wonder if Mian saheban and Samdhi saheb (Dar) planning to invest in military hardware business, and this rule is introduced to protect their investment in part.

Lets not forget the local auto industry fiasco. It was introduced (almost 30 or so years ago, if not mistaking) to protect local auto industry, and it resulted only in extremely expensive locally assembled cars as well as the imported ones. Few made (and still making) billions, and average pakistani paid the price. Neither we saw a locally designed and produced car, nor did the prices came down.

Last edited:
But the new presidential helicopter is European. So is the new trainer for the AF the T-6 Texas is a swiss design.. the Navy trains with derivatives of the Hawk Trainer and so on and on.

Most Helicopters we have in all three branches are of European origin. Since we don't Manufacture a Civilian Helicopter in Pakistan, there is no harm in Presidential Helicopter being bought from Europe.

And what is this comment about new Trainer T-6 Texas - Swiss Design ?

T-6 is a very old trainer that PAF used from 1947 to 1980's. They were warehoused after the Mashak entered service as a trainer at the PAF Academy.

I trained on T-6 Texan in 1969 in Pakistan air Force and NO IT IS NOT OF SWISS DESIGN. T-6 Texan was produced in 1940's by an American Aircraft Manufacturer called " North American " and it had a 600 Horsepower Pratt and Whitney Engine (also an American Company ), so I have no idea what you are talking about. You are not making a whole lot of sense. Check out the link below:

North American T-6 Texan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Unless you are referring to T-6 Texan II which is manufactured by Beechcraft and is a totally different trainer aircraft with no relationship to original T-6 trainer. And yes , Texan II was inspired by Pilatus PC-9 Swiss Trainer an older version of which is used by Indian Air Force ( i.e. Pilatus PC-7 ).

Beechcraft T-6 Texan II - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, I have not heard anything about PAF purchasing T-6 Texan II or Plans on purchasing this trainer aircraft in future. lf you have any link on such purchase , please do share with us.

Last edited:
Not a good step in my view. This will reduce the quality of equipment procured. Instead Pakistan should initiate a tank and fighter aircraft program like India did in 1980s with proper funding. This will create necessary infrastructure and a couple of decades from now Pakistan can become a defence giant.

This is an irrational step!!

Pakistani forces will be stopped by government to import those things which are being produced by Pakistani factories weather in POF or Taxila or Karachi Shipyard or Kamra they will have to only rely on these factories for those products for others they can buy from other countries
It is necessary for the survival of Pakistani defence Industries,
But they must comply at least all locally available technological facilities for modernization of their products.
They Bound for 25% of their profit to be invest in their own R&D.

Most Helicopters we have in all three branches are of European origin. Since we don't Manufacture a Civilian Helicopter in Pakistan, there is no harm in Presidential Helicopter being bought from Europe.

T-6 is a very old trainer that PAF used from 1947 to 1980's. They were warehoused after the Mashak entered service as a trainer at the PAF Academy.

I trained on T-6 Texan in 1969 in Pakistan air Force and NO IT IS NOT OF SWISS DESIGN. T-6 Texan was produced in 1940's by an American Aircraft Manufacturer called " North American " and it had a 600 Horsepower Pratt and Whitney Engine (also an American Company ), so I have no idea what you are talking about. You are not making a whole lot of sense. Check out the link below:

Unless you are referring to T-6 Texan II which is manufactured by Beechcraft and is a totally different trainer aircraft with no relationship to original T-6 trainer. And yes , Texan II was inspired by Pilatus PC-9 Swiss Trainer an older version of which is used by Indian Air Force ( i.e. Pilatus PC-7 ).

Also, I have not heard anything about PAF purchasing T-6 Texan II or Plans on purchasing this trainer aircraft in future. lf you have any link on such purchase , please do share with us.
Dude, how old are you? 60 something?

It's still essentially the same rifle, Pakistan really needs to move away from the G-3 and start thinking of replacing the rifle, because the next generation of warfare is clearly heading towards smart rifles and future soldier programs. If things stay the way they are, nations like India will soon outclass Pakistani equipment down to the single infantry soldier.
I agree, at the end it all come down to the good old wallet. But i'd like to stress here that the future soldier program is not all about having massive firepower rather it is about about having a precise one with the emphasis being laid upon on having better situational awareness.

It also means that the Military will give them danda to improve innovation and quality which means a better R&D culture.
Either privatize these industries or run them as privatized ones.

I agree, at the end it all come down to the good old wallet. But i'd like to stress here that the future soldier program is not all about having massive firepower rather it is about about having a precise one with the emphasis being laid upon on having better situational awareness.

Either privatize these industries or run them as privatized ones.

Agree, but I do have to question how much more mileage we can get out of the G-3, even the newer variants. Future soldier programs rely on "smart rifles", and unless Pakistan can develop a "smart" G-3, it's going to be outclassed.

Also agree about privatization. It's good to have government regulations in place, but these corporations need to be privatized so they can bring in more talent and technology. A for-profit corporation has a higher incentive to develop higher quality products.

That doesn't sound encouraging ! :(

Promoting Indigenous Production shouldn't come at the cost of forcing the State Security Apparatus to acquire, possibly, sub-standard equipment just because its Made in Pakistan ! :undecided:
well then the army better start developing higher tech weapons i think its a good decision.
i like it.

1154.gif

Pakistani forces will be stopped by government to import those things which are being produced by Pakistani factories weather in POF or Taxila or Karachi Shipyard or Kamra they will have to only rely on these factories for those products for others they can buy from other countries
@Aeronaut @Oscar @nuclearpak @Manticore @fatman17 @jaibi @Pakistanisage @Slav Defence @balixd @Areesh @A.Rafay @AUz @mafiya @Chak Bamu @tarrar @Talon @Alpha1 @Awesome @Armstrong
its a very good decision.
pakistan will make better weapons now.

China had to stop importing cause EU and US won't sell them. Still no one knows the quality of chinese systems other then wannabies and chinese armed forces. ANd pakistan is going to stop imports cause u not hv money to pay for. Dont make one liners quote plz.
well look at china now.
it started at the same spot as india and its 1000 times better then you.
they make every single product. they make things you indians can only dream of doing.
we will follow china.
pakistan doesn't have money to buy from others so we will make our own because we have the talent and capability to do so.
you yindoos can't even make a simple tank.

On the surface it appears to be a good move provided the locally manufactured stuff is equivalent or better in quality to the imported one.

However, i wont take any proposal from current corrupt regime without a pinch of salt, no matter how good it appears on the surface.

I begin to wonder if Mian saheban and Samdhi saheb (Dar) planning to invest in military hardware business, and this rule is introduced to protect their investment in part.

Lets not forget the local auto industry fiasco. It was introduced (almost 30 or so years ago, if not mistaking) to protect local auto industry, and it resulted only in extremely expensive locally assembled cars as well as the imported ones. Few made (and still making) billions, and average pakistani paid the price. Neither we saw a locally designed and produced car, nor did the prices came down.
who cares if main sahib are investing in the military industry of pakistan?
in the long run and even in short run its better pakistan and its military industry.
i can only see good coming out of this.
besides most of these companies that make them are state owned any ways . and i don't think anybody is thinking of privatizing them.

Last edited:
Not a good step in my view. This will reduce the quality of equipment procured. Instead Pakistan should initiate a tank and fighter aircraft program like India did in 1980s with proper funding. This will create necessary infrastructure and a couple of decades from now Pakistan can become a defence giant.

This is an irrational step!!
pakistan already created a fighter and tank program and we are well ahead of india in it.
its a good decision and godless the government for once.
india got no results from the programs it started because they still not fully developed on the other hand pakistan did partnerships and got results and the technology and is way ahead of india in the fighter jet program and tank program.

I was referring to the United States in your comment about countries preferring to purchase their own equipment.

Their presidential helicopter is the VH-101(EH-101). Their primary trainer is the T-6II..

I was referring to the United States in your comment about countries preferring to purchase their own equipment.

Their presidential helicopter is the VH-101(EH-101). Their primary trainer is the T-6II..
Sir but the kind of equipment we make I don't trust them specially Bullet Proofs and Armored Vehicles the way bullets were going through Mohafiz its really a shame

We need to develop our small arms industry

POF has not fielded any rifle completely indigenous.They are just busy license manufacturing and some minor modifications

Than We have no Radar industry at all.Even countries like iran are manufacturing PESA Ground based radar with upto 500km range and even more.The only radar i know ever being built in Pakistan is done by students in Nust and has only 10km-15km.In short a battlefield mobile radar.

While PAC the best they can do is to overhaul radar that were built by USA in 60's.

Sir but the kind of equipment we make I don't trust them specially Bullet Proofs and Armored Vehicles the way bullets were going through Mohafiz its really a shame
It is in many cases. there are comissions involved for many people in both businessmen and serving/retired military officers.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom