What's new

Pakistan to gift old submarines to Bangladesh Navy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back to square one again. What I grasp here is that there still bad blood amongst us. Noce going people........:hitwall::hitwall::hitwall:

And that's rite. I am Hitting wall literally

Yaar people so what if someone feels that our equipment is "inferior" or not upto standard, if that were the case then the US Border Guards would not be buying Pakistani UAV's, the Saudi's would not be purchasing our gear, we would have lost our licence to manufacture weapons such as the HK range and the FN range of SMG/Small Arms.

Our production factories which has ISO 900/9001, ISO 14649, BS EN 710:1998(Marked), Underwriter Lab and United Kingdom Accreditation Service certification would have lost these highly sought after certifications and marks of excellence.

Needless to say we are proud of our defence production and very happy with feedback both negative and positive, good luck to our Bangali Brothers in their ventures... Just remember "tempest fugit"...

Pakistan Zindabad

Yaar people so what if someone feels that our equipment is "inferior" or not upto standard

That some one needs to be told to either back his claim up with some authentic source or shut the hell up. I've been asking this Khaled guy to post some source to his claims and all i receive is a mere rant. He is entitled to his opinion but have no right to make it sound like the official policy of BD and that too without something to back his claims up and moreover disrespect Pakistan on a Pakistani defense forum just to satisfy some nationalist anti Pakistan ego of his.:angry:

I have already given my replies to blain2; so I do not need to give them again.
You have no right to tell me what to do. The Administrators and Moderators have read my posts and have responded accordingly in a civilized manner (unlike you), if they felt I neede to be disposed of they would have done something about it.
You better shut up first. If you have got nothing productive to say than do not just twist words. If you have nothing better to say than labeling my post as mere ‘rant’ than keep quiet and get a life. I have not disrespected Pakistan in any way whatsoever, unless you want to prove it otherwise.

PS: I now know much idea some of you have about defence matter as you keep asking for internet links. Your source of defence knowledge seems to be just the internet, in which case there is nothing I or anyone else can do about it. Then just keep depending on internet pages and live in a fantasy that you are “all knowledgeable and an expert analyst of defence matters” and keep staying with that attitude.

It is pathetic if you just stick to the internet news and expect to have a good idea about defence matters.

More BS from you. All i asked from you is to give some credible link and this is what you come up with, and yes i have read your reply to Blain again your so called sources and no links, seriously if you want someone to take you serious try coming out with something a bit more authentic other wise quit trolling and stop making a fool out of yourself it will only make you look more stupid then you already are.
Also any news on the forum does not run by your word, you need to have a source(link) for that or at least you should have some credentials, in your case you have nothing so shut the **** up and get lost, BD scum bag.

Here is article by BMF;

CAC J-10/F-20 as Bangladesh Air Force's primary multirole fighter
BMF Analysis | Forecast Preview

China has made great technological progress and as proof of that today we have the J-10, a fourth generation modern fighter aircraft comparable to the F-16, Mirage or Gripen.

At present it is offering this fighter aircraft for export and many countries including Bangladesh showed interest in it.

The J-10 can potentially fulfill the Bangladesh Air Force's requirement for a multirole fighter aircraft alongside the F-7BG, which is its primary interceptor. It came into strong contention after the Bangladesh Air Force rejected the Sino-Pakistani JF-17, which did not meet its requirements for an advance multirole combat aircraft.

It is forecasted that after 2010 there will be a requirement of at least 36 aircraft or basically two squadrons for carrying out offensive strike operations. The cost would vary in the final agreement though we estimate that it will not be less than $1.5 billion if the Chinese "friendship price" strategy is not applied.

The incumbent BAF chief visited China in July 2007 after his promotion to the rank of "Air Chief". There he inspected the Chengdu aircraft manufacturing factory where the J-10 and F-7BGs are built. He is going to continue procurement of fighter aircraft from China as it is the most politically, financially and strategically sound option for Bangladesh at this stage or the near future.

If the J-10 were to be procured it would be capable of being armed with laser guided munitions, advance air to air missiles and a number of conventional air to surface bombs. As an added bonus the J-10 can launch anti-ship missiles further strengthening its multi-role application in the Bangladeshi war theatre.

QW-2:
http://www.***************/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=168&Itemid=99

Where's the link genius? Your provided URL goes to a ASK search page and not to the article.:disagree:

Ofcourse B'desh wud be happy to get these antique piecies.

but of what use this wud be is difficult to comprehend.A sub that was bought in 1970,and was not considered worthy by PN ( which itself only has a small Sub arm) can only be of academic and goodwill interest.

Apologies for butting in but ...

IMHO having old subs may be better than having no subs at all. There are very few weapon systems that make the military more nervous than subs, however old. See Falklands war: even Argentina's old ex-US Guppy class subs (a design dating back to late WW2) were considered dangerous to the UK fleet. A sub is hard to find. All it needs to do to pose a threat - and thus draw down opponent's forces - is to be around while remaining hidden. Nobody writes off PLAN's 18 or so Type 035 (Ming Class) diesel-electric submarines, which date to the 1970s and which are <seriourly> inferior to the ex-PN subs in several respects, including that the latter can fire Harpoon SSMs.

Last edited:
Where's the link genius? Your provided URL goes to a ASK search page and not to the article.:disagree:

its from the bdmilitary website. unfornately it does not show up in this forum.

Last edited:
Hi,

It really makes me proud to see my brother nation growing up and leading in its own direction of need and neccessity---it is very clear from reading the posts of the members over here that the needs of pakistan and bangladesh may not be the same.

They face a different level of threat from india than us---in their current situation they may chose to go for air superiority fighters rather than go for the JF 17 type of air craft---. It does not mean that jf 17 is bad or not worthy---it just means that it just does not qualify to meet the psyche of bangladesh air force---this plane does no reflect the true image as it maybe portrayed by the bangladeshi pilots and airforce---.

People need to understand the needs of PAF when critiscizing others---they have a choice of not wanting our product for reasons better known to them---we can leave it at that.

Now coming to the submarine issue---unlike modern day aircraft---subs are just the opposite---an air force can jump from a mig 19 aircraft to a mig 29 type of air craft but not so when it comes to submarines---. On submarines, you have to start with the very basic---there is no going around it---either it meets your ego or not---no ifs and buts about it---you have to take the baby steps and before you do that---you have to hold onto that little support with little wheels on it to push forward---but if they don't like the daphne class that is ok too----.

It is one of the sub that had the u s navy air craft carrier in its firing solution during one of the naval warfare games off the coast of pakistan many a years ago---the diesels rule till you can get your hands on a los angeles class---.

Khalid M Ali,

A belated welcome aboard. A very good post and insight to what BD millitary needs. Thankyou.

Thanks a lot, I appreciate it.

Hi,

It really makes me proud to see my brother nation growing up and leading in its own direction of need and neccessity---it is very clear from reading the posts of the members over here that the needs of pakistan and bangladesh may not be the same.

They face a different level of threat from india than us---in their current situation they may chose to go for air superiority fighters rather than go for the JF 17 type of air craft---. It does not mean that jf 17 is bad or not worthy---it just means that it just does not qualify to meet the psyche of bangladesh air force---this plane does no reflect the true image as it maybe portrayed by the bangladeshi pilots and airforce---.

People need to understand the needs of PAF when critiscizing others---they have a choice of not wanting our product for reasons better known to them---we can leave it at that.

Now coming to the submarine issue---unlike modern day aircraft---subs are just the opposite---an air force can jump from a mig 19 aircraft to a mig 29 type of air craft but not so when it comes to submarines---. On submarines, you have to start with the very basic---there is no going around it---either it meets your ego or not---no ifs and buts about it---you have to take the baby steps and before you do that---you have to hold onto that little support with little wheels on it to push forward---but if they don't like the daphne class that is ok too----.

It is one of the sub that had the u s navy air craft carrier in its firing solution during one of the naval warfare games off the coast of pakistan many a years ago---the diesels rule till you can get your hands on a los angeles class---.

Exactly. I completely agree with you my friend, but some others have completely failed to understand this and just began personal attacks (which should stop now according to our Moderator).

BN has been training personnel for the Type-209-1200 (basic) and Type-209-1400 (advanced) German/Turkish attack submarines since 2006. Turkey has offered soft loans to BD for building the entire submarine infrastructure with condition BN procures Turkish subs (which we are already doing). The attack submarines will be delivered between 2010 and 2014. That is why BN had no requirement for other submarines.

BN is also acquiring 4x guided missile frigates and 3x guided missile frigates (later another 3x in the second batch). BD and Pakistan need to develop excellent defence relations; BN and PN wil be using the same FACM developed in a joint venture and both will be procuring the Milgem Class guided missile corvette. By 2020 BN plans to induct 16x Milgems, so cooperation and friendship will be increasing manifold. The Milgem will be locally produced at KSY of BN.

Here is the thread for BN&#8217;s Type-209 submarines:
http://www.defence.pk/forums/milita...-navy-acquire-german-designed-submarines.html

I have already given my replies to blain2; so I do not need to give them again.
You have no right to tell me what to do. The Administrators and Moderators have read my posts and have responded accordingly in a civilized manner (unlike you), if they felt I neede to be disposed of they would have done something about it.

Listen up joker.

Again I have already replied to some of your elements as a reply to blain2.

Listen pal, let me guess, you are just some teenager blindly believing what little you know. You do not have any idea about defence matters. Don’t you dare call Bangladesh a dump for military equipment.

1000+ JF-17s for the international export market. What a joke!

Bangladesh is the second biggest defence export buyer of China, and the J-10 is an export fighter. So just give up your foolishness.

Here is article by BMF;

CAC J-10/F-20 as Bangladesh Air Force's primary multirole fighter
BMF Analysis | Forecast Preview

China has made great technological progress and as proof of that today we have the J-10, a fourth generation modern fighter aircraft comparable to the F-16, Mirage or Gripen.

At present it is offering this fighter aircraft for export and many countries including Bangladesh showed interest in it.

The J-10 can potentially fulfill the Bangladesh Air Force's requirement for a multirole fighter aircraft alongside the F-7BG, which is its primary interceptor. It came into strong contention after the Bangladesh Air Force rejected the Sino-Pakistani JF-17, which did not meet its requirements for an advance multirole combat aircraft.

It is forecasted that after 2010 there will be a requirement of at least 36 aircraft or basically two squadrons for carrying out offensive strike operations. The cost would vary in the final agreement though we estimate that it will not be less than $1.5 billion if the Chinese "friendship price" strategy is not applied.

The incumbent BAF chief visited China in July 2007 after his promotion to the rank of "Air Chief". There he inspected the Chengdu aircraft manufacturing factory where the J-10 and F-7BGs are built. He is going to continue procurement of fighter aircraft from China as it is the most politically, financially and strategically sound option for Bangladesh at this stage or the near future.

If the J-10 were to be procured it would be capable of being armed with laser guided munitions, advance air to air missiles and a number of conventional air to surface bombs. As an added bonus the J-10 can launch anti-ship missiles further strengthening its multi-role application in the Bangladeshi war theatre.

QW-2:
http://www.***************/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=168&Itemid=99

You better shut up first. If you have got nothing productive to say than do not just twist words. If you have nothing better to say than labeling my post as mere ‘rant’ than keep quiet and get a life. I have not disrespected Pakistan in any way whatsoever, unless you want to prove it otherwise.

PS: I now know much idea some of you have about defence matter as you keep asking for internet links. Your source of defence knowledge seems to be just the internet, in which case there is nothing I or anyone else can do about it. Then just keep depending on internet pages and live in a fantasy that you are “all knowledgeable and an expert analyst of defence matters” and keep staying with that attitude.

It is pathetic if you just stick to the internet news and expect to have a good idea about defence matters.
Buddy this attitude of yours will not take you anywhere but to blocking. Please i have noticed you have a very defensive attitude, which will not help you since its too defensive for no reason. I would suggest you to calm down and don't personal attack anyone here, Leave your nationalism aside while you have visiting this forum please! Your post will bad air Pakistani and Bangaleshi friends here and will create problems between them so please!!! You will not get anywhere on this forum if you won't stop personal attacks like shut up or a jokers, teenager, fantasy land living!!!!!!!! :cheesy: :pakistan::china::welcome::hitwall:

assad and moha199, cool it down, being aggressive isn't helping your case. k_m_a, I apologise on behalf of our guys, but you did cross the line first with that name-calling. And keep in mind the manner in which the people who matter here: mature members and a defence pro onboard, all replied to you.
Its our forum gents, the onus is on us to keep it civil.

Coming to the topic, having an old and retiring sub even for a year and then junking it could give you more tactical experience of independent sub ops than being guests on somebody elses' sub. The point is this and not the implication that you can't afford new, shiny stuff.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom