What's new

Pakistan should be named 'People's Republic of Pakistan'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was it morally wrong? Condemning killings anywhere in the world is wrong? :confused:
why they chose india themselves......they could have come here and today they could have been ruling this country like other mahajirs like Ganja brothers.

The green represents Islam and the majority Muslims in Pakistan and the white stripe represents religious minorities and minority religions.[6] In the centre, the crescent and star symbolizes progress and light respectively.[6] The flag symbolizes Pakistan's commitment to Islam and the rights of religious minorities.[7] It is based on the original flag of the Muslim League, which itself drew inspiration from the flag of the Sultanate of Delhi and the Flag of the Mughal Empire.
Flag of Pakistan - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes but the admin said this. I will take this over others.
White looks good next to the green.

"Couldn't reach the border" Is it your personal assumption?? Well,history didn't recognize your thought.They choose to live their for whatever reason which is now not favoring them.
nope its not my personal opinion. i have asked ppl from muslim backgrounds abt why they didnt leave india. now u can understand its a difficult question to ask a muslim in india and its similarly difficult for a muslim in india to answer. however, i have formed my belief according to the knowledge i got from these breif interviews. also, ppl with whom i have interacted were mainly young ~ 30 to 40 yrs age group, and they dont have a first hand knowledge about partition much.
Would you say the same thing about Pakistani hindu community?
yes. exactly.
y wud a pakistani hindu or an indian muslim wud decide to stay in pakitan and india, respectively ???
its very unfortunate for those who are trapped in such a condition. here muslims are looked upon with questions put up on their patriotism and hindus on your side reached the pages of textbooks as evil animals.
need i say more ???

Pakistan should be renamed as feudal's or elite's republic of Pakistan

Last edited:
Because Pakistan was not a republic until 1956. Until then we were under the british crown. The name Islamic republic of Pakistan was chosen in the constitution of 1956 when Pakistan became a republic.

The Bottom line is, that Pakistanis will decide what our country would become. Majority of Pakistanis desire a functional Muslim state. We may become communists, secularists or a Sharia state, its no one's business. This is our country and we will decide its future.

Lastly, since Muslims are the majority, our laws and way of life will prevail. Millions of our ancestors paid with their blood, wealth and honor so we could have a choice they didn't have. If 3% minorities have a problem with our country's name, it means that they have a problem with Muslims, our way of life aspirations and Islam.

If they have a problem with the majority and their aspirations, the majority can tell them go and smoke bong! - just because we 'can'. The Christians and Hindus didn't have any significant role in our freedom movement, they paid no price for our freedom. They got it as a result of the blood sacrifice of our forefathers....and whoever has the power to give also reserves the right to 'take it back'.
What?Pakistanis fought for independence?Or killed millions for partition?India fought for independence through non violent means,while 'pakistan' fought for partition through most violent means.

I dont know if she is talking about constitution because this survey says otherwise.....
84pc of Pakistani Muslims want Sharia, says PEW survey - thenews.com.pk
do not confuse this with the Mullah Sharia please

From Islamic to Peoples Republic of Pakistan?
November 19, 2009
Abrar Saeed

hr.png

ISLAMABAD: Awami National Party (ANP) during the deliberations of Parliamentary Reforms Committee had proposed to change the name of Islamic Republic of Pakistan as Peoples Republic of Pakistan, while Muttahida Qaumi Movement (MQM) and Pakistan Peoples Party (PPP) supported the move, the sources close to these political parties disclosed to The Nation.

The idea was, however, dropped due to strong opposition from the rest of the members of the committee, the sources added.

MQM Deputy Convener and Federal Minister Dr. Farooq Sattar confirmed it to the media in an informal chat on Wednesday and said that MQM along with PPP members of the committee supported the idea of renaming Islamic Republic of Pakistan as Peoples Republic of Pakistan.
On the other hand, ANP member of the committee Haji Adeel denied having proposed the name of Peoples Republic of Pakistan to replace Islamic Republic of Pakistan. However, some members of the committee on condition of anonymity confirmed it to The Nation that ANP had proposed the said change in the name of the country and MQM and PPP members had supported it.

During chat with media, Dr. Farooq Sattar also proposed making Gilgit-Baltistan as the fifth province of the country and its chief minister should also be included in the National Finance Commission (NFC). The government should take appropriate steps in this regard to remove the constitutional and international hurdles, he added. He said if the Parliamentary Committee on Constitutional Reforms would finish with its deliberation on provincial autonomy by mid of December, they would be in a position to give the nation a new years gift in the shape of constitutional reforms package.

From Islamic to Peoples Republic of Pakistan?
how bout naming Bangladesh, Islamic Republic Of Bangladesh?

What?Pakistanis fought for independence?Or killed millions for partition?India fought for independence through non violent means,while 'pakistan' fought for partition through most violent means.
yes, and i was the one who killed all the Muslims and raped and kidnapped so many Muslim women during partition, many of whom are still not accounted for and missing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom