What's new

Pakistan should be named 'People's Republic of Pakistan'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good answer. :tup: Inspired. :agree:
@IamBengali - Just as @Aeronaut stated above - you must be having a problem with the 'Muslim way of life'. The minorities of your country as well as the liberals should just stick to being 'Islamic'. Islamic country...Islamic rules.

This line is really lovely -

@levina :haha:

I get ya :coffee:
So you wanna put me at loggerheads with Aero....sorry THE AERONAUT?? :D
Okay so lets begin.......
Aeronaut said:
Millions of our ancestors paid with their blood, wealth and honor so we could have a choice they didn't have. If 3% minorities have a problem with our country's name, it means that they have a problem with Muslims, our way of life aspirations and Islam.
:disagree::disagree::disagree:

Your knowledge of history is good but not REALLY good.
Pakistan has a past.....a past when it was a part of India.The so called MINORITIES had fought very bravely for your country then.
And this should be a proof
Battle of Saragarhi - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

And the freedom fight against british was fought by Indians & the present day Pakistanis together....not by muslims or hindus alone.wasnt Bhagat singh born in Lahore???

But anywhich ways I am not in favor of changing Pakistan's name.As shakespeare said "whats in a name??that which you call a rose, by any othername would smell just as sweet" :-)
Majority and minority make a country.
Majority has no right to vote away the rights of minority.The political function of rights is to protect the minority from the oppression of majority.
And remember even the smallest minority is an indivisual. :)
Respect their rights.

Last edited:
all right bharat matta champion now run away.

Thats something u need to ask indians themselves who seem to have been deep hurt by indians:rofl:

How could I ask? Some of them would mind asking too :whistle:

Pakistan has a past.....a past when it was a part of India.The so called MINORITIES had fought very bravely for your country then.

And the freedom fight against was fought by Indians & the present day Pakistanis together....not by muslims or hindus alone.

But anywhich I am not in favor of changing Pakistan's name.As shakespeare said "whats in a name??that which you call a rose, by any othername would smell just as sweet" :-)
Majority has no right to vote away the rights of minority.The political function of rights is to protect the minority from the oppression of majority.
Respect their rights.
Finally you couldn't take it any more could you? :D
I also care not about the name of Pakistan. Or any other country other than mine for the matter.

And the freedom fight against was fought by Indians & the present day Pakistanis together....not by muslims or hindus alone.

But anywhich I am not in favor of changing Pakistan's name.As shakespeare said "whats in a name??that which you call a rose, by any othername would smell just as sweet" :-)
Respect their rights.
Whoa!This is India's Battle of Thermopylae.

remember even the smallest minority is an indivisual. :)
Respect their rights.

No is neglecting what you said.. Pakistani constitute do protect rights of minority. He was repeatedly mentioning that we protect the right of minorities but majority is authority. :coffee:

Whoa!This is India's Battle of Thermopylae.
Mehhhh
No is neglecting what you said.. Pakistani constitute do protect rights of minority. He was repeatedly mentioning that we protect the right of minorities but majority is authority. :coffee:
Tell me about it.:coffee:
I did read the 3% minority comment...
Finally you couldn't take it any more could you? :D
I also care not about the name of Pakistan. Or any other country other than mine for the matter.

I do care about Pakistan...after all it is "ours" .Or so in our history. :)

1.As you've already mentioned that they were mainly young ~ 30 to 40 yrs age group they could be false. Written pieces of facts can't become false because of some interviews...
they cud be rite too
2. And why would a sane person would leave their property,business etc,also they were really passionate about their homeland? Don't know about India how Muslims were treated their and it is not my concern at all but here in Pakistan Hindus are really rich people as far as I've known..
yes , some were. and i cant thank them more that inspite of all the odds they kept their faith in india n the non-muslims. but in a poor place like india, i wud rather stick to the poverty thing rather than passion for homeland. u mite have heard a very popular saying....u cant preach a guy with an empty stomach ...
muslims are treated ok i guess but the deep rooted bias against them will still take some decades to go out.

Mehhhh

Tell me about it.:coffee:
I did read the 3% minority comment...

Would you mind reading it yourself?? Don't want to read more than 300 posts again for summarizing. :sad:

Because Pakistan was not a republic until 1956. Until then we were under the british crown. The name Islamic republic of Pakistan was chosen in the constitution of 1956 when Pakistan became a republic.

The Bottom line is, that Pakistanis will decide what our country would become. Majority of Pakistanis desire a functional Muslim state. We may become communists, secularists or a Sharia state, its no one's business. This is our country and we will decide its future.

Lastly, since Muslims are the majority, our laws and way of life will prevail. Millions of our ancestors paid with their blood, wealth and honor so we could have a choice they didn't have. If 3% minorities have a problem with our country's name, it means that they have a problem with Muslims, our way of life aspirations and Islam.

If they have a problem with the majority and their aspirations, the majority can tell them go and smoke bong! - just because we 'can'. The Christians and Hindus didn't have any significant role in our freedom movement, they paid no price for our freedom. They got it as a result of the blood sacrifice of our forefathers....and whoever has the power to give also reserves the right to 'take it back'.
What a useless post Sir.

You say Pakistanis will decide what their country will become but how can it be possible when you have 3-4 different kinds of school with completely complementary mode of teachings. There is International school, Local English medium, Local Urdu medium, Madrassa, etc etc. Every student is influenced by some ideology and hence wud ask for different kind of Pakistan. How do u intend to tackle this issue rather than simply putting an open ended question that, 'Pakistans will decide'. Which Pakistani will decide what? How can 1 Pakistan decide one ideology with contradictory styles of schools.

Watch after 3.20 min.

It was completely directionless talk from u regarding someone affirming you style of Life. I ask which non muslim in Pakistan has opposed your style of life? Can u plz provide me proof of a non muslim opposing you and ur way of life? Minority in Pakistan asks for their own rights. Is it similar to opposing ur rights? Noone thinks so. If a minority is massacred, exploited and their land grabbed in name of Islam, whats wrong if he complains? Does it mean hes opposing ur way of life? You mean to say exploiting the minority is UR WAY OF LIFE ?

You talk bout Contribution for freedom. Sir, only 20-25 odd % of Muslims sacrificed for seperate state during partition (thats the total Muslim Leauge voter %) but total 50 odd percent people migrated. Can you provide me logic of what made those other 25% leave their land when they never supported partition. You mean to say since their ancestors dint fight for independence, they dont have right to be in Pakistan? We all see the treatment with Mohajirs. This exactly proves my point.

To educate u more about ur own Qaide Azam, Jinnah never wanted an Islamic state but a MUSLIM MAJORITY SECULAR State. What you are saying showz, hell with the secularism its all bout Muslims coz they fought for Pakistan. (Truth is not even 20 odd % fought for ur Pakistan. You are actually insulting the decision of other 75-80% muslims of subcontinent).

On topic: The change in name of Pakistan to people's republic is exactly in direction of Jinnah's Pakistan. I only wish u luck to attain ur fater of nation's dream country and be a strong force in establishing peace in the region, tough I doubt you multiple but completely contradictory schools of thots wud ever lead you to a unianimous decision.

When such differences touch the limit, they lead to seperations. So just beware what u are talking here,

You mean

Mangal pandaey. Gandhi, Nehru, Lala lajpat Rai, Subhash chandra bose, Bhagat singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru. they weren't freedom fighters ?
PAKISTANI HISTORY. :hitwall:

We have and will use violence if and when in a quantity we feel its need to do so.

We know and well evident by likes of you using apt violence to get their type of statehood.

They are doing just because "They can" - very premise of jungle raj.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom