What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

I was pretty sure we had a deal for 4 Type 54 and option to make next 4 in Pakistan :coffee:
Milgem program 3 are being built in Turkey and last one to be made in Pakistan

But could have been my misunderstanding

I was pretty sure we had a deal for 4 Type 54 and option to make next 4 in Pakistan :coffee:

Babur class is 2 in Turkey and 2 at KSEW I think.
Jinnah will be similarly divided.

We have not bought ToT or production rights for Type 054, so if the option was there, it certainly hasn’t been taken yet (instead they opted to take ToT for Babur and Jinnah. And KSEW will be busy with that, not to mention the 4 Subs).

In that case it makes sense to let China manufacture the next 4 (when the options are executed)
Only matter of time , we need cover in Sea , since India is making Aircraft carriers

Type054 is type of Ship which has ability to maintain a presence at sea which protects National Interest at sea , it is a Leading Ship for Pakistan Navy

Till Jinnah Class Ships arrive

Last edited:
I am sure pn planning is taking notes as pdf member post their preferences and will decide to everyone likening 😉

Who cares about budget and meeting operational requirements within your means
Oh in that case

Salaam PN. Take note of these items -

Type 052D destroyer
An aircraft carrier, can reduce it to helicopter carrier if you want i dont mind
HHQ9 or something better.
J15
J16
Jh7a for the fun of it
Ummmm.... Big boom stick that flies really fast and really far
Errrr..... More jinnah class frigates
Ummm... Ye thats it for me

Totally make sense ... jinnah or follow ups of babar make much more sense...
Chinese vessels can only be inducted if need fill numbers quickly
I doubt PN will give a follow-up order of Type 054A/P. Instead they’ll go for more Jinnah class. Both the Jinnah and Babur are more capable than 054, plus we’re getting ToT for both the Turkish ships hence can make them locally. Same is not the case with 054A/P.

In that case it makes sense to let China manufacture the next 4 (when the options are executed)
Only matter of time , we need cover in Sea , since India is making Aircraft carriers

Type054 is type of Ship which has ability to maintain a presence at sea which protects National Interest at sea , it is a Leading Ship for Pakistan Navy

Instead of more type 54 , type 52D make more sense even if 2 ordered in future

Hi,

The best bet for the 054 is to let the chinese build it. Their assembly line has an extremely high level of expertise and workmanship at this stage.

Hi,

The best bet for the 054 is to let the chinese build it. Their assembly line has an extremely high level of expertise and workmanship at this stage.
Wouldnt it serve us better in the long run to manufacture them in Pakistan? That way we can get the skills and expertise as well as better assembly lines to improve our ship building ability?

Wouldnt it serve us better in the long run to manufacture them in Pakistan? That way we can get the skills and expertise as well as better assembly lines to improve our ship building ability?
That is being acquired through PN Milgem.

Wt if our engineers and technicians are working with the Chinese and the Turks in every step of the way in the construction of the ships.

Half of Babur and Jinnah class are being constructed in Pakistan. We have a lot more expertise to gain from them than Jinnah considering their more modern designs. Otherwise Pakistani engineers are present at the Type 054A/Ps construction facilities to gain some expertise in that regard.

PN instead opted to buy ToT for Hangor class submarines from China, again, we have a lot more to learn from them. They’re being built in Pakistan too.

The capacity of KSEW has increased many times. In theory it can construct more than 13 ships in the 7,000 tons range simultaneously. Remember I said “in theory”. In practice it is less due to many constraints including supply chain, manpower, capacity being set aside for regular maintenance etc.

The capacity of KSEW has increased many times. In theory it can construct more than 13 ships in the 7,000 tons range simultaneously. Remember I said “in theory”. In practice it is less due to many constraints including supply chain, manpower, capacity being set aside for regular maintenance etc.
True, That theoretical maximum capacity is usually reserved for war-time. Currently KSEW is working on a lot of ships, 2x Babur, 4x hangor and many other small ships like tugs, FACs etc.

I am waiting for news about next 4 Ships , Options order:coffee:
The ones already completed will certainly Join Pakistan Navy pretty soon
If that happens I hope those four will have Universal VLS system which was also shown at Zuhai Air Show

What we need is heavy Frigates and Destroyers which have VLS to carry 1600 KM range cruise missiles. We need those ships.

Back
Top Bottom