What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

Waste of money. Army can be used for internal security for rescue operations etc. What is the use of these ships why is Pakistan wasting billions of dollars on ships?

Because Pakistan wants to stop any repeat of 1971 when Karachi were attacked by IN . moreover 90+ trade conducted through sea during hostility IN will try to imposed blocked which only can tackle through a strong navy.

The name has finally been dropped. And no one here guessed it right smh

Also how come we havent named a ship after Alama Iqbal? The Iqbal class frigate or destroyer. Rolls off the tongue nice as well

I don't like the name btw.

Screenshot_2021-10-21-20-45-02-10.jpg

The time for "filling numbers quickly" is now. 5 years from now we will have Babur in inventory while we will be ready to roll out Jinah a year after that. But currently we need more ships. If not 4 more Type 054, we should have atleast went for 2 more. After fulfillment of our 4 Type 054A order, the Chinese will close the production line. These are the last one to be produced if we don't order more. 2 years post closure of production line you won't be able to order more type 054A to "fill the number". But than I know we will have less money to spend on Babur and Jinah. It's a risky diploma.
Frankly im not too worried about thae closure of the line. The PLAN has something like 32 of these ships. Original plan was for 50 so im not sure if that was curtailed or not, but even if the line shuts, China will likely not stop producing frigates, so as they produce more Frigates, PN will likely be able to procure those or used 054A.

I don't like the name btw.

View attachment 786679
You sir are a jedi. I dont think anyone else had the name in their minds. Its a goodnand strong name...(cue all the people complaining whynare we taking names from others' history)...

Frankly i think it will be a cool name. Second ship and be PNS Ertugrul, 3rd can be PNS Turgut, 4th can be PNS Bamsi! Lolz :p::p:

More closely, it can be Tughan Khan Tughril of the Delhi Sultanate?

Historically we have named our flagship Babur.

I suspect however that with the Albatross NG air defense system and Genesis Advent CMS that PNS Babur (of the Babur class) will remain the ship which carries the honor of being the PN flagship.

Back
Top Bottom