What's new

Featured Pakistan Navy Type 054AP Frigates - Update, News & Discussion

This ship in the photo is not the 4th ship because it is already in water, with mud stain on the red paint of the under water hull, and anchor chain down. Meaning it has been in the water for quite some time already.

However, having said that, the 4th ship should be progressed well for launch very soon. Keep track for good news.

Someone posted the first ship delivery by end of the month and has already set sail for journey ??? Any truth in it

I am waiting for news about next 4 Ships , Options order:coffee:
The ones already completed will certainly Join Pakistan Navy pretty soon

Neither JH-7 (what ever version) nor Type 22 FACM fit Pakistan Navy requirements. So none of them will be procured.
And Pakistan will never acquire any second hand Chinese Naval vessel either.

There are better plans and options in place... So have patience and hope for best.

How about Type 55 after 52D/DL.

How about Type 55 after 52D/DL.
To acquire type 055 Pakistan better improve the economy first, these are very expensive ships to buy and to operate. Filling all 96 holes in VLS and torpedo tubes with missiles and torpedo will cost you more than US$100 million.

HQ-9 SAM is estimated at US$2million each at 2009 price, current price could be around $2.5 million each. Torpedoes are not cheap either, they are more than one million dollar each.

Filling all 96 holes in VLS and torpedo tubes with missiles and torpedo will cost you more than US$100 million.
If they are filled with Babar II/Harbah then then cost will reduce as that is domestically produced.

To acquire type 055 Pakistan better improve the economy first, these are very expensive ships to buy and to operate. Filling all 96 holes in VLS and torpedo tubes with missiles and torpedo will cost you more than US$100 million.

HQ-9 SAM is estimated at US$2million each at 2009 price, current price could be around $2.5 million each. Torpedoes are not cheap either, they are more than one million dollar each.
112 holes*

Also i would love to see the 055 destroyer join the pn but in terms of economy and maintenence i would opt for the 052D instead

On contrary since Pakistan's Sea route has tremendous value , it has to be protected , having 2-3 Tug boats won't cut it. And everyone knows you can influence your self more on global scale and help flourish your own trade further , if you have sufficient presence at sea

Next order of Type054 is absolute must considering India has racked up few Aircraft carriers with 15-20 planes on board

We are already playing catchup 25 years behind india in term of Navy

Last edited:
Do you think PN guve follow up order of type 54

Type 55 is To expensive for PN, may be 52D possible
I doubt PN will give a follow-up order of Type 054A/P. Instead they’ll go for more Jinnah class. Both the Jinnah and Babur are more capable than 054, plus we’re getting ToT for both the Turkish ships hence can make them locally. Same is not the case with 054A/P.

I doubt PN will give a follow-up order of Type 054A/P. Instead they’ll go for more Jinnah class. Both the Jinnah and Babur are more capable than 054, plus we’re getting ToT for both the Turkish ships hence can make them locally. Same is not the case with 054A/P.
Yes.
Next should be type 052D.
Only two 052Ds will be enough.

For me the Type54 Frigate (4 more option ) is sufficient
The other Ship is certainly more advance , but Type54 give us enough of deterrence

Anything larger can be bought after 2030 no doubt
thediplomat-2020-03-09.png

For me the Type54 Frigate (4 more option ) is sufficient
The other Ship is certainly more advance , but Type54 give us enough of deterrence

Anything larger can be bought after 2030 no doubt
thediplomat-2020-03-09.png
Why buy the less capable thing that we don’t have ToT for over the more capable one that we can make at home. 4 type 054 A/P are more than enough, that money is better spent buying more Babur or Jinnah class.

Back
Top Bottom