What's new

Pakistan Naval Aviation - Updated

As far as I know CG is under Army control. Serving army officers are seconded to CG for a set tenure. And as far as i remember, the D.G. is a serving brigadier.

Sir,
Just like the Pakistan Rangers, Coast Guards report to the Ministry of Interior. Serving officers of the Army & other Services may be 'Seconded' to the Coast Guards, but it remains a paramilitary organization and under the Secretary of the Interior Ministry.

https://www.interior.gov.pk/index.php/pakistan-coast-guards

PN should plan for this type of fleet and in good numbers with all the high-tech equipment for Navy, MSA, & even for Coast Guard.
  • AW-101
  • AW-139
  • AW109

The NH90 is very expensive to operatie. Belgium is replacing 4 NH90’s already, because of operating cost and lack of support from industry. I think Pakistan should consider cheaper alternatives. Like the Z-9 or Chinese Blackhawk copy.
Their experience should give people a good idea of the operating costs of these helos, great as they might be. For Belgium, per hour flight cost is more than that of an F-16. How much of it is due to their small fleet and how their contract was put together (spare support/maintenance) I am not sure but its still an expensive aircraft. What I found more interesting is that they are replacing their 4 NH-90s and 10 A109s with a much smaller helicopter, H145, so part of that is also what their doctrine and geography dictates.
For Pakistan, we will have our own depot level setups at the minimum and costs will be spread across a much larger fleet.

SA-316B Alouette III

1598279750837.png

Pakistan Navy Westland WS-61 Sea King helicopter firing Exocet anti-ship missile during live missile firings in North Arabian Sea.

1598551829213.png

Back
Top Bottom