What's new

Pakistan cannot compete with India,the whole world recognizes the strength of India's IT industry : Miftah Ismail

Damn right it's sustainable: :bounce:

1564822334159.jpeg

Overpopulation-in-India-990x660.jpg

overcrowded train in Bangladesh ??

Oh sorry did I miss out India's overpopulation crisis because of a misplaced pic from Bangladesh? Then let me post on India:

5a885d321191f9ae160f4e2c97b20c78.jpg

I never said India does not have a overpopulation issue. at least they are trying to stand on their own feet

Going by miftah logic Taiwan should not be a semiconductor giant today since Japan USA EU were established giants when. It started

Ain't saying we can match India volume

But can get good share 0f global market
Previous government like mushataf gov was serious about it not so the PPP and pmln gov s
LOL ur comparing Taiwan to Pakistan?

LOL ur comparing Taiwan to Pakistan?

He is not comparing. He is just giving an example. Things NEVER remain static. It takes 1 or 2 decades to change things completely. A new power can emerge in specific sectors real quick in matter of years, A new breakthrough technology can make existing Tech giants most products obsolete, IT is not like construction or anything else, IT is very dynamic and quickly changing area. The potential Pak has it can make a turn around real quick, it can only go higher from this point.

India entered into this domain lot earlier and has a solid position. Pakistan will definitely capture a good share in this market its inevitable. I can see it coming. I have seen my nephews in school age making phone apps and deploying on app stores. Lot of potential is coming up to the scene.

Indian politician/media praises Pakistan - Pakistani media loses its' sh!t and starts boasting. And both nationalities start fighting a war on social media.

Pakistan politician/media praises Pakistan - India media loses its' sh!t and starts boasting. And both nationalities start fighting a war on social media.

Meanwhile, what the rest of the world sees:
1676023862266.jpeg

Pakistanis have new energy today after all these months of doom and gloom, they just secured the IMF loan. :D
And how many Pakistanis during these crisis decided to swing from the trees compared to our super rich Indian neighbours.
Does anyone even bothers to even keep a data on Indian farmers anymore.

Right now given Pakistan's (mostly past) record on terrorism and closeness to China it is unlikely enough IT contracts will come from the West to Pakistan unless you are willing to undercut Indian rivals by 60, 70, 80%

There are other issues. We have a large cluster of telecom satellites that enable cross border communications that IT uses for offshored services. We have a massive pool of trained people who are retrained to shift focus on different platforms as technology evolves. We have massive tech parks where 1000s of people can be housed and managed efficiently. We have 100s of millions of personal computers. servers. cloud servers etc. to enable the entire IT ecosystem.

These guys thik it's all about being pally, schmoozing and convincing people to give 'contracts'

He is not comparing. He is just giving an example. Things NEVER remain static. It takes 1 or 2 decades to change things completely. A new power can emerge in specific sectors real quick in matter of years, A new breakthrough technology can make existing Tech giants most products obsolete, IT is not like construction or anything else, IT is very dynamic and quickly changing area. The potential Pak has it can make a turn around real quick, it can only go higher from this point.

India entered into this domain lot earlier and has a solid position. Pakistan will definitely capture a good share in this market its inevitable. I can see it coming. I have seen my nephews in school age making phone apps and deploying on app stores. Lot of potential is coming up to the scene.

Wow you're telling us things we didn't know already! Of course NASSCOM which constantly monitors and trains and retrains industry to adapt challenges doesn't understand this stuff.

Thanks but I don't want to be like Bangladesh. You guys should encourage the 3 million plus Bangladeshi migrants to leave for good.

You guys are needed more than ever at this time.

We developed the first PC successful virus. And it was purely experimenting to see if they could protect copyright software. Even when asked by Finnish computer scientist Mikko Huppinen weather somebody else could have developed it before them, Basit or Amjad replied I think so probably.

At least we don't brag too much like Indians & Bangladeshis do, despite achieving more.

Yes. 'not bragging' is the only thing to note here.

At the beginning of the development of all economically powerful countries, they use trade protection to develop and strengthen their own national enterprises. Only by ensuring that domestic enterprises can participate in free competition can protection be gradually relaxed. The US used to preach free trade because it thought it could win in free market competition. However, the United States is now also increasing subsidies to domestic companies.
Pakistan should adopt measures such as raising import tariffs and reducing taxes in related industries to introduce technology, protect and support domestic fertilizer, steel, and IT companies. Until these businesses grow big enough to compete. Then protect and support the chemical industry and machinery manufacturing industry.

Last edited:
China does not decide where Apple, Dell or General Electric relocate their factories

You cannot pay the bills for 200 million Pakistanis. You want to pay the bills for 400 million Pakistanis
China can coerce Apple in many ways. Pakistan can’t pay the bills the way it is being run now, the same way India couldn’t in 1991, before the reforms. After the reforms, look at India. If Pakistan reforms it will be fine as well.

China can coerce Apple in many ways. Pakistan can’t pay the bills the way it is being run now, the same way India couldn’t in 1991, before the reforms. After the reforms, look at India. If Pakistan reforms it will be fine as well.
Pakistan was doing "good" until Zardari arrived. It only went downhill after that.

Pakistan was doing "good" until Zardari arrived. It only went downhill after that.
It’s deeper than that, IMHO. A decades long system that Zardari learned and maneuvered within. many of the problems started to form in the 60s/70s. Key being where we got our FDI and technology (US aid) as well as the loss of East Pakistan from which we didn’t structurally reform. The South Koreans studied and implemented our 5 year plan from the 60s and we didn’t. Economic reforms are structural and will persist even when these current lot pass away, unless we make serious reforms.

The question is: when, or if, it will reform? We have been waiting since forever

Back
Top Bottom