What's new

Pakistan cannot compete with India,the whole world recognizes the strength of India's IT industry : Miftah Ismail

In Pakistan, govt salaries are usually higher than private and yet they work less than 1/3rd of private sectors.
A mere govt servant in WAPDA have free electricity, free education for kids n free healthcare for whole family. The bureaucrats have free fuel, free luxury vehicles, free medical, free education, foreign trips and much much more opportunities to do corruption.
This is exactly why I advocate for neoliberalism. There are two solutions, the first one is that the government should let the private sector do everything and make sure that the market is completely free. The second one is that the government should only support export-oriented industries. Targets should be set for all these industries that are getting the government's support. For this, subsidies should only be given to export-oriented sectors. If any of these businesses fail to meet any of the targets set by the government then they should no longer be given any support, especially not the subsidies.

It has all to do with policies. Im a data analyst/engineer and have my own software firm. The govt policies are not adequate. For example, we hunted this awesome project from US, would have earned hundreds of thousands of dollars and would have provided many jobs but the US firm didn't get enough assurity from our govt and were reluctant to share data with a firm in Pakistan. The govt of pak and IT ministry treated us like we r not even Pakistanis. They were like, pese tum log kamaogay tu ham kya karein. These morons didnt see we r bringing in alot of dollars to the country and that it will produce jobs and countries support their private sector. They instead wanted bribes n didn't even bother helping. We tried but in the end the project slipped away and they ended up giving it to an indian firm. I recently heard that project is extended and enlarged and its now worth millions.

Pakistan govt is so pathetic that we r even having issues getting our own money that we earned from foreign clients. These pathetic brown duffers are actually destroying the country.
Hopefully Gwadar gets build as a SEZ and these incompetents can be put to shame. All their incompetence and letting projects slips through our fingers is the growth all our neighbors have been benefiting from. Our population growth alone should have caused rapid economic growth had we had a half way competent bureaucracy.

This is exactly why I advocate for neoliberalism. There are two solutions, the first one is that the government should let the private sector do everything and make sure that the market is completely free. The second one is that the government should only support export-oriented industries. Targets should be set for all these industries that are getting the government's support. For this, subsidies should only be given to export-oriented sectors. If any of these businesses fail to meet any of the targets set by the government then they should no longer be given any support, especially not the subsidies.
The government needs to cut consumption by the public sector, investing in the infrastructure so private companies will have the incentives to bring business to Pakistan, as well as human capital development (education, health care, etc.) even if their is corruption, if these basic elements are correct, the country will still thrive despite a few percent off the top.

The government should incentivize a private Pakistani company to acquire the most modern coal fired power plant technology and build thee plants in Pakistan. We need to become efficient locally, so we can lower the cost of living on the people. The world doesn’t care about compensating poor country for global warming. I suspect the developed countries will try to make it harder for developing countries to industrialize so will put roadblocks in the way of building new coal fired power plants. One of the cheapest ways to make electricity.

The core requirement has to be the plants MUST use ONLY local coal.

We should also have a plan to end the strangle hold these IPPs have on Pakistan. Renegotiate or buy out the IPPs. So we need a legal expert to go over these deals and find a way to get out them, up to an including a buyout. A buyout may not found feasible now, but it maybe the best long term solution, and finding a way to borrow to cut the loss maybe the best way to stop the bleeding.

We need a realistic way to end all subsidies that allows the public to transition to living within their means without putting people in a position that they can’t afford to eat or send their kids to school.

BTW, this economics professor has a great lecture series on YouTube, on the economy, filmed in January 2020. During the IK and Pre-Covid, so it really lays out the structural problems that even weren’t being solved during the PTI government.

It’s probably the best snapshot to formulate a clear view of our problems, and a way to move forward. Btw, I like that this person is a self described Marxist. It gives him a different perspective and allows us another post from which to triangulate our solutions

Last edited:
Truth is Pakistan can't compete with India at any given level. To compete with a bigger rival you need passion and dedicated but Pakistan lacks both and look at Pakistani awam I can assure this will never change.

Truth is Pakistan can't compete with India at any given level. To compete with a bigger rival you need passion and dedicated but Pakistan lacks both and look at Pakistani awam I can assure this will never change.
There requires an institutional change, with the right leadership passion and dedication also comes.

During IKs tenure everyone's morale was high, they were quite dedicated and passionate. Patriotism was booming.

Pakistani awam is drained and has lost trust in the leadership corridors which effects the productivity and work output for the nation. Just drag your feet along.

Economic neoliberalism is based

By allowing the private sector to flourish, it forces people to compete with each other, forces them to up their quality and services, innovation thrives.

But Pakistanis are addicted to real estate on real estate

Last edited:
Pakistanis are good at IT. I know quite a few highly certified IT engineers that moved out of Pakistan and are today working for big tech companies in Western nations.

As long as Pakistan doesn't provide a good environment to it's people one should be prepared for a brain drain. Educated Pakistanis won't stay in Pakistan.

Pakistanis are good at IT. I know quite a few highly certified IT engineers that moved out of Pakistan and are today working for big tech companies in Western nations.

As long as Pakistan doesn't provide a good environment to it's people one should be prepared for a brain drain.
Pakistanis are good at everything. We are a massive and diverse population. I have seen the most uniquely thriving individuals.

There is NOTHING that we cannot do, I promise you.

In Pakistan, govt salaries are usually higher than private and yet they work less than 1/3rd of private sectors.
A mere govt servant in WAPDA have free electricity, free education for kids n free healthcare for whole family. The bureaucrats have free fuel, free luxury vehicles, free medical, free education, foreign trips and much much more opportunities to do corruption.
Unless the country bankrupts completely with mass culling done in beurocrats..there is no hope

System needs complete ruthless redesign which will not happen

As long as Pakistan doesn't provide a good environment to it's people one should be prepared for a brain drain. Educated Pakistanis won't stay in Pakistan.
Given how careless and unnecessarily extra the government is, bribes, hurdles, low quality staff, no proper rule of law...

Brain drain is already happening.

Those who wants to come back were ridiculed and force to leave..
The country is for duffers

Those who wants to come back were ridiculed and force to leave..
The country is for duffers
So true, you have to be a very desensitised and corrupt individual to thrive in most places in Pakistan.

It's not for the honest kind who want to make a change. The environment will eat you up.

The rot is deep and hurting us in countless indirect ways than one can even manage. Toxicity, corruption and incompetence continues to plague every single aspect of this country, every single sector you can think of.

The ask for bribes, the general lack of care when dealing with people and treating them like shit, not building trust/reputation through quality portals/media that actually resemble a government institution. I swear sometimes it is very difficult to even get in contact with them, and then how they speak, the information they provide you and their website/media, it looks as if a child has made it and it's some sort of scam. So low quality and poorly done you refuse to believe this is government related or a proper business.

@FuturePAF

unsolicited advice/ maybe you should move out to somewhere else (like Indonesia) and set up again. It's difficult to build this business even in the best of times.

It has all to do with policies. Im a data analyst/engineer and have my own software firm. The govt policies are not adequate. For example, we hunted this awesome project from US, would have earned hundreds of thousands of dollars and would have provided many jobs but the US firm didn't get enough assurity from our govt and were reluctant to share data with a firm in Pakistan. The govt of pak and IT ministry treated us like we r not even Pakistanis. They were like, pese tum log kamaogay tu ham kya karein. These morons didnt see we r bringing in alot of dollars to the country and that it will produce jobs and countries support their private sector. They instead wanted bribes n didn't even bother helping. We tried but in the end the project slipped away and they ended up giving it to an indian firm. I recently heard that project is extended and enlarged and its now worth millions.

Pakistan govt is so pathetic that we r even having issues getting our own money that we earned from foreign clients. These pathetic brown duffers are actually destroying the country.

unsolicited advice/ maybe you should move out to somewhere else (like Indonesia) and set up again. It's difficult to build this business even in the best of times.

That is really sad to hear.

In BD, IT has been a "thrust" sector under current BAL government and exports have been growing at 35-40% a year average since 2009. Government has put in all the building blocks like fast and reliable internet connectivity, data centres, training colleges and has even built "Hi-Tech Parks" to allow the consolidation of lots of IT companies in single sites.

That is because Bangladesh is not enslaved by a colonial army, u guys r lucky to be independent and sovereign. We on the other hand are enslaved by the remnants of colonial era and they by design are keeping us down. They want to keep us poor and uneducated so they can keep ruling us. They even use religion to fool us and keep us slaves.

Hopefully Gwadar gets build as a SEZ and these incompetents can be put to shame. All their incompetence and letting projects slips through our fingers is the growth all our neighbors have been benefiting from. Our population growth alone should have caused rapid economic growth had we had a half way competent bureaucracy.

The government needs to cut consumption by the public sector, investing in the infrastructure so private companies will have the incentives to bring business to Pakistan, as well as human capital development (education, health care, etc.) even if their is corruption, if these basic elements are correct, the country will still thrive despite a few percent off the top.

The government should incentivize a private Pakistani company to acquire the most modern coal fired power plant technology and build thee plants in Pakistan. We need to become efficient locally, so we can lower the cost of living on the people. The world doesn’t care about compensating poor country for global warming. I suspect the developed countries will try to make it harder for developing countries to industrialize so will put roadblocks in the way of building new coal fired power plants. One of the cheapest ways to make electricity.

The core requirement has to be the plants MUST use ONLY local coal.

We need a realistic way to end all subsidies that allows the public to transition to living within their means without putting people in a position that they can’t afford to eat or send their kids to school.

I used to wonder why r we not developing but then i realized, the powers that control everything, actually dont want us to develop. By design we r kept poor, backward and uneducated. So they can rule and keep power.
See how the focus is always on blind following and blind faith. Even in religion we are made to blindly follow one sect or the other and discouraged to ask questions and do research. Its all by careful design.

I don't think anyone denied the obvious. Pakistan can't compete with India in almost anything at all. (People who deny this are stupid and you are also stupid for arguing with one). Nor should that be the intention as both countries have different internal and external challenges, opportunities, and even thought processes.

This Dip Sh!t now all of a sudden grew a brain. God Pakistani politicians are such scum from the deepest and dirtiest gutters in the world...

Man everyone is trying to leave these days, like literally every educated person i meet wants to escape. I have lived in UK for a long time n happily came back. Im the kind of person that can't live without friends and family. It was fine when i came back but now things r getting really bad but i wont leave again. Either we fix this shit or we go down trying.

Back
Top Bottom