What's new

Pakistan cannot compete with India,the whole world recognizes the strength of India's IT industry : Miftah Ismail

Most of north india which has similiar hindi/urdu culture cannot compete in IT - Infact Paksitan is more meritocratic and has better living standards than indian cowbelt. India got lucked out with south indians who bring all this forex for its weapons but still treated like second class citizens.
Indian caste system means south indian brahmins and other upper castes gladly sell out their own interests to curry favor with delhi.

PTI's SNC is even worse than the dogsh*t syllabus that we are currently being taught.

The single national curriculum is an absolute joke...
The books are dated, the pak studies books are ridiculous as hell especially. I dont like Islamic Studies being obligatory. Especially surahs being obligatory to learn.

Honestly i think decentralization of education in many areas can certainly help in quite a few ways. It allows families of various social, religious and cultural backgrounds to choose what is best for them. I dont like seeing education as a business but it would also see more competition, schools will start introducing new ideas and concepts into their curriculums to compete.

Are either of you guys learning or teaching the curriculum? What don't you like about it?

I read some details quite a while ago and felt it really improved the STEM subjects.

Are either of you guys learning or teaching the curriculum? What don't you like about it?

I read some details quite a while ago and felt it really improved the STEM subjects.
They introduced so many compulsory subjects related to Islamic studies that there is hardly any room for STEM subjects and all of these compulsory subjects are more about memorization than actual learning. There's hardly any improvement in the new sciences books. Emphasis on the sciences is less in the SNC than in our current curriculums.

Living conditions should be top priority. And large economies are not always an example of that such as the case of India.

New Zealand is not an economic or political powerhouse but definitely my definition of a prosperous country, even if not perfect.

Like ecological growth, economic growth should endure slow growth & decline to maintain sustainability. No doubt India has made technological and financial gains but there are too many problems that have been left neglected.

And my argument is not taking any IMF loans does not necessarily mean prosperity. India's economic growth has benefited only a handful of it's population. More than half a billion live in poverty. It takes a lot of resources and pollution to produce a large economy.

A large economy that either needs to slow down & decline in order to sustain or it will inflate badly. Not an example of prosperity.
I don't agree. We are talking about apples and oranges.

Yes, living conditions are important. But that's not what we are talking about. Switzerland has the highest living conditions but they are a minnow on the world stage. It doesn't really matter if India's living standards remain subpar, due to its massive size and scale, it will have a massive impact.

Thank God I was privileged enough to study the British O & A levels instead of our national curriculums.

What a surprise, a country with 7 times less population cannot compete in terms of personnel, resources, companies and global outreach? What is next, water is wet?

The problems in Pakistan are institutional. Many potential geniuses are wasted in this environment or are forced to leave abroad for the West or the GCC. Ironically in many ways the same is the case for Indians but due to their enormous population (sheer numbers will always triumph eventually) they will always have the upper hand even though they face many of the same problems and obstacles but less so.

Pakistan should find a niche in the IT/tech sector and try to expand this niche (or more of them). Only way forward. If you try to compete with unfair rules and against unfair opponents, you are bound for disappointment.

It has all to do with policies. Im a data analyst/engineer and have my own software firm. The govt policies are not adequate. For example, we hunted this awesome project from US, would have earned hundreds of thousands of dollars and would have provided many jobs but the US firm didn't get enough assurity from our govt and were reluctant to share data with a firm in Pakistan. The govt of pak and IT ministry treated us like we r not even Pakistanis. They were like, pese tum log kamaogay tu ham kya karein. These morons didnt see we r bringing in alot of dollars to the country and that it will produce jobs and countries support their private sector. They instead wanted bribes n didn't even bother helping. We tried but in the end the project slipped away and they ended up giving it to an indian firm. I recently heard that project is extended and enlarged and its now worth millions.

Pakistan govt is so pathetic that we r even having issues getting our own money that we earned from foreign clients. These pathetic brown duffers are actually destroying the country.

Instead the usual corrupt leeches are awarded/given the contracts not based on meritocracy (ability and nature of the project) but due to nepotism. This is the whole story of the Pakistani ecosystem from education to private sector to army to our-business sector to politics etc.

Harsh truth. Hence the current struggles of Pakistan. Which in many ways have always been there and been long-term.

Structural reforms must occur and an end to the old habits must die, otherwise there will be no hope.

With a growing population, more competition for land and resources, we are looking into an economic, environmental and political catastrophe that makes the current struggles seem like a joke.

There is still a chance and hope to change this for the better but time is running out.

Nobody can doubt the potential of Pakistan and Pakistanis but if the country and those in power (so-called elites) are more bothered about enriching themselves and not serving Pakistan and Pakistanis, the challenges will just grow and will not be solved.

Before the awam do not wake up decisively, we will just continue talking why status quo is as it is. We need strong righteous personalities to come forward and take over but are such people in Pakistani power circles even around or have they all been corrupted by the environment? We talk about solutions all the time but for how much longer?

They introduced so many compulsory subjects related to Islamic studies that there is hardly any room for STEM subjects and all of these compulsory subjects are more about memorization than actual learning. There's hardly any improvement in the new sciences books. Emphasis on the sciences is less in the SNC than in our current curriculums.

I'm not a fan of humanities, arts, Islamic studies, Pakistan studies, social studies etc.

However I want my kids to study them.
I think they add non commercial value. They make well rounded individuals.

I'm not sure how they're implemented in Pakistan.

I'm not a fan of humanities, arts, Islamic studies, Pakistan studies, social studies etc.

However I want my kids to study them.
I think they add non commercial value. They make well rounded individuals.

I'm not sure how they're implemented in Pakistan.
Islamic studies should just be one subject like it is in O levels. These clowns added more than 5 subjects related to Islamic studies. Humanities is great but it shouldn't be compulsory, how will one make money without adding commercial value? At least focus on the core STEM subjects then give students an option to study other courses as electives. Without STEM we have no future.

Our generals are more wealthy then Indian one …. Beat us u cowards
I recently heard one of your generals bought a whole freakin island in Australia.
It was General kiyani.

Why dont Pakistani awam question the corruption of their army is beyond my understanding....!?

Islamic studies should just be one subject like it is in O levels. These clowns added more than 5 subjects related to Islamic studies. Humanities is great but it shouldn't be compulsory, how will one make money without adding commercial value? At least focus on the core STEM subjects then give students an option to study other courses as electives. Without STEM we have no future.

I didn't realise islamic studies is 5 separate subjects. Are they taught every week?!

I can't remember if programming was part of the SNC

I don't agree. We are talking about apples and oranges.

Yes, living conditions are important. But that's not what we are talking about. Switzerland has the highest living conditions but they are a minnow on the world stage. It doesn't really matter if India's living standards remain subpar, due to its massive size and scale, it will have a massive impact.

Switzerland wins over India in almost every aspect. Yes they aren't a political power in terms of size & geography, economy but in terms of basic healthcare, welfare, education, housing, cleanness, I don't think there is a comparison.

And of course there are enough negative sides, such as over-bureaucracy, congested city design etc.

Still, the average Swiss would never want to be like India, but millions upon millions of Indians would crave to be like Switzerland regardless of the economic "gains" which are at best mostly media hype, raging over 20 years.

For india it matters
And for US it matters what geostrategically matters to India

Mainly because of shared ethnicity. India fears any separatist tenancies in Bengal state to unite with Bangladesh, which is unlikely due to religious factors.

Bangladesh has more to fear from India than vice versa. But to the Americans, Bangladesh is both geographically, politically & militarily insignificant.

America's main interests in India are trade & to serve as a counter balance to China, it's mutual growing rival.

Only plausible interest in Bangladesh would be to prevent it from becoming a base or a proxy for China, but even then, Bangladesh poses little threat to India due to geographical and resource disadvantages.

India's development potential is limited. Just look at how many key equipment for Indian-made fighter jets need to be imported, and you will know that the technological gap between India and China exceeds 20 years.gdp is also overestimated, and cow dung is also counted as gdp.If we only look at national economic development from gdp, Argentina, Brazil, Mexico, the Philippines, and Malaysia. It should have been a developed country long ago!It is difficult for India to surpass Indonesia, Turkey, Malaysia and Iran in per capita GDP.It is difficult for India to surpass Japan in gdp.ASEAN's gdp will also surpass that of India.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom