What's new

Pakistan cannot compete with India,the whole world recognizes the strength of India's IT industry : Miftah Ismail

India's development potential is limited. Just look at how many key equipment for Indian-made fighter jets need to be imported, and you will know that the technological gap between India and China exceeds 20 years. gdp is also overestimated, and cow dung is also counted as gdp. It is difficult for India to surpass Indonesia, Turkey, Malaysia and Iran in per capita GDP.
Per capita doesn't matter, it's sheer size and population means it will always have a massive advantage both economically, politically and militarily over Pakistan.

Even if if most of its people are poor.

Pakistan's focus should be to at the very least maintain proportional parity but ideally perform better in all indicators. It did so in the initial couple decades of its independence.

U should laugh at urself, 75 saal se bewaqoof bana rahe hein. BD is way more sovereign than Pakistan.

Nukes ka achaar dalein when their is 8 to 12 hours load shedding and that too in winter. Nukes ko chaatein jab dar dar bheek maang rahe hein? BD is way ahead of Pakistan, population can ne a strength if trained n educated. Stop living in 80s like those duffer brown uncles.

Wow so living conditions don't count when I argue for them but they count when being used against me in arguments. What a 'rational' contradiction.

PS Bangladesh does get power cuts 🤫 Never mind all the solar panels they're installing. They are ecologically damaging and don't work in grey weather.🤫

ROFL, have you ever met an Indian bengali in your lifetime? @Joe Shearer

Why, are their anecdotes needed at this time? As I wrote, religious factors will prevent any break away.

Pakistan's focus should be to at the very least maintain proportional parity but ideally perform better in all indicators. It did so in the initial couple decades of its independence.

It had way less people back then. Now it is struggling with water shortages, pollution, poverty. No government can magically provide an infinite supply of water. No economy can.

Last edited:
The thing is, we do win contracts in competition. Pakistani IT workforce is cheaper than india and can gurantee quality, its the political stuff that hampers it. We have done foreign contracts but its the bigger ones that attract politics. There r still possibilities but the little possibility we have is f***** by stupid policies n corrupt ministries.
Name the largest Pakistani equivalents of Indian counterparts - Wipros, Infosys, TCS

There are other issues. We have a large cluster of telecom satellites that enable cross border communications that IT uses for offshored services. We have a massive pool of trained people who are retrained to shift focus on different platforms as technology evolves. We have massive tech parks where 1000s of people can be housed and managed efficiently. We have 100s of millions of personal computers. servers. cloud servers etc. to enable the entire IT ecosystem.

These guys thik it's all about being pally, schmoozing and convincing people to give 'contracts'

Well if Pakistan was friendly to USA and did not get involved in terrorism I would be willing to give a contract at 70% below a quote from Indian company

China can coerce Apple in many ways

They cannot dictate where Apple keeps their factories
How about Dell or Microsoft or Google ?

Living conditions should be top priority. And large economies are not always an example of that such as the case of India.

New Zealand is not an economic or political powerhouse but definitely my definition of a prosperous country, even if not perfect.

Like ecological growth, economic growth should endure slow growth & decline to maintain sustainability. No doubt India has made technological and financial gains but there are too many problems that have been left neglected.

And my argument is not taking any IMF loans does not necessarily mean prosperity. India's economic growth has benefited only a handful of it's population. More than half a billion live in poverty. It takes a lot of resources and pollution to produce a large economy.

A large economy that either needs to slow down & decline in order to sustain or it will inflate badly. Not an example of prosperity.

We can argue not going to the IMF does not mean anything in itself. If you are going to the IMF every 3 years you have a problem. There is no arguement.
Even if half a billion live in poverty in India 800 million do not

Last edited:
Are either of you guys learning or teaching the curriculum? What don't you like about it?

I read some details quite a while ago and felt it really improved the STEM subjects.
No, i am currently not learning or teaching the SNC. However i do have pretty young extended and direct family who are learning it. The books are an absolute joke.
SNC is also a violation of the 18th amendment i believe. So its a violation of the constitution too.
The textbooks are poorly printed, obsolete and also violate another amendment in the constitution by forcefully preaching Islam to minority students who have no choice but to read and learn the chapters preaching Islam (Seerat e nabwi and other related topics in Urdu and English textbooks). Also dont like it being compulsory on even Muslim students, it should always be optional.
SNC could potentially work but we'd need a 2-4% increase in government spending on education (which they wont do because mismanagement of priorities)
SNC is why i support decentralized and (mostly) privatized education

No, i am currently not learning or teaching the SNC. However i do have pretty young extended and direct family who are learning it. The books are an absolute joke.
SNC is also a violation of the 18th amendment i believe. So its a violation of the constitution too.
The textbooks are poorly printed, obsolete and also violate another amendment in the constitution by forcefully preaching Islam to minority students who have no choice but to read and learn the chapters preaching Islam (Seerat e nabwi and other related topics in Urdu and English textbooks). Also dont like it being compulsory on even Muslim students, it should always be optional.
SNC could potentially work but we'd need a 2-4% increase in government spending on education (which they wont do because mismanagement of priorities)
SNC is why i support decentralized and (mostly) privatized education

Thats a shame that the textbooks are of a poor quality. It is an opportunity wasted. According to the website non Muslim students have a separate religious education curriculum - although now you mention it there was talk of religious stuff snuck into non religious subjects.

A lot time ago I came across the early years curriculum too.

Lol you brought Bangladesh in the discussion not me.. as for being slave of US.. I remember very well some like u call pakistan slave of China . can't be slave of two arch rivals at the same time so first make up your mind. Btw US chian and Russia are global powers.. you can't fight them it doesn't mean you become their slave you have to just fight your case and balance.
As for sucking upto india..lol.. only in your dreams.

Lolz i never called Pakistan a china slave, Pakistan is a loyal slave of the white man since 47. Yes u r right, u need to balance but there is a difference between balance, which countries lioe Bangladesh, Turkey, Indonesia does and taking ur pant off at a mere signal, exactly what Pakistan does. So yes u dnt need to be slave but Pakistan loves it.
What else is sucking up to india when the COAS begs india for peace n renews ceasfire unilaterally. Ur every beghairat general is scared of india, ur miraasis want to go to india and u make kartarpur corridor for them. What else is sucking up?

Thats a shame that the textbooks are of a poor quality. It is an opportunity wasted. According to the website non Muslim students have a separate religious education curriculum - although now you mention it there was talk of religious stuff snuck into non religious subjects.

A lot time ago I came across the early years curriculum too.
Yes, minority students study a subject named "ethics" where they are taught about various religions and basic ethics.
But islamic stuff is snuck into english, urdu and at times even science subjects

So true, you have to be a very desensitised and corrupt individual to thrive in most places in Pakistan.

It's not for the honest kind who want to make a change. The environment will eat you up.
The batman, ardalis and car culture has to end immediately

The beaucrats are treated as they are field commanders for an army that need mobile vehicles rather then being poor civil servants sitting in office and pushing papers.

Everything needs to be privatized except education

Army size needs to be reduced it's massive at 7 lac regular..

Rangers and reserves should be used as back up

Retirement benefits are extreme in Pakistan they shouldn't exist for military under 55. They should be given training and allowed to join other jobs base Dupont their training after retirement rather then being given a full retirement

All retirement should be changed to equity investments. Treasury can't pay retirement.. period

Taxation need to revamped.

All of these initiative are not my ideas these were started and blocked by one entity i.e military Inc 🪖

Oh sorry did I miss out India's overpopulation crisis because of a misplaced pic from Bangladesh? Then let me post on India:

5a885d321191f9ae160f4e2c97b20c78.jpg
Again you are wrong, from the rake its of BD railways. But we have fair share of the crowd.

The batman, ardalis and car culture has to end immediately

The beaucrats are treated as they are field commanders for an army that need mobile vehicles rather then being poor civil servants sitting in office and pushing papers.

Everything needs to be privatized except education

Army size needs to be reduced it's massive at 7 lac regular..

Rangers and reserves should be used as back up

Retirement benefits are extreme in Pakistan they shouldn't exist for military under 55. They should be given training and allowed to join other jobs base Dupont their training after retirement rather then being given a full retirement

All retirement should be changed to equity investments. Treasury can't pay retirement.. period

Taxation need to revamped.

All of these initiative are not my ideas these were started and blocked by one entity i.e military Inc 🪖
Who suggested these ideas?

I agree with it though but I don't know about *everything* being privatised.

Simply because Pakistanis are too corrupt to run anything in govt sector

This will trim the size of govt which is currently MASSIVE
There are some key things which shouldn't be privatised. Things which are the right of every citizen like education, etc. Private sector should be available but public sector should also be high quality and dominating.

But I agree with your reasoning.

There are some key things which shouldn't be privatised. Things which are the right of every citizen like education, etc. Private sector should be available but public sector should also be high quality and dominating.

But I agree with your reasoning.
We tried to do things via government institution didn't work.

We may want to keep BHU and schooling but i would rather spend money on universal insurance and let private sector take over health care
Let private sector teach STEMs and govt could provide student loans relief

This will help students to be more serious about their carriar choice rather then every wanting to do MA islamaiat

Trim govt spending by 70%

Keep BHU, schooling till 10 privatize everything else.

Keep strong regulatory environment to ensure no cartels are developed

We tried to do things via government institution didn't work.

We may want to keep BHU and schooling but i would rather spend money on universal insurance and let private sector take over health care
Let private sector teach STEMs and govt could provide student loans relief

This will help students to be more serious about their carriar choice rather then every wanting to do MA islamaiat

Trim govt spending by 70%

Keep BHU, schooling till 10 privatize everything else.

Keep strong regulatory environment to ensure no cartels are developed
I support this. And perhaps over time with this environment people will learn the importance of meritocracy, the private sector, and will begin to care about corruption as it will hurt private businesses

This needs to be implemented

Back
Top Bottom