What's new

Pakistan bans Valentine's Day celebrations in Islamabad?

What others do in their private lives should not be anyone,s concern
Apnay kaam say kaam rakho

YaY!:yahoo: Bajrang dal and Sangh Parivar comes to power in Pakistan? OOPs,:woot: Wrong organization must be Mullah Dal .Would love to see the Secular reactions from Pakistan:yay::omghaha:
Its going to be celebrated no one can stop it :D

Jis ne manani hai wo manae
Jis ne nahi wo Ghar bethha rahe:tup: even if it's a Christian event we have our Christian community living all over in Pakistan let them celebrate STATE have no rights to ban it.
RIP Islami Republic.

Jis ne manani hai wo manae
Jis ne nahi wo Ghar bethha rahe:tup: even if it's a Christian event we have our Christian community living all over in Pakistan let them celebrate STATE have no rights to ban it.
RIP Islami Republic.
According to some electronic media reports, the interior ministry had directed the Islamabad Capital Administration (ICT) to not allow individuals and organisations to hold Valentine’s Day celebrations in the city.

However, ICT officials have now confirmed to The Express Tribune that they have not received any such orders.

“I’m surprised why electronic media are airing such baseless news,” Islamabad Deputy Commissioner Captain (retd) Muhstaq Ahmed said.

Mairey shehar ko badnaam karnay ki sazish :butcher:

What others do in their private lives should not be anyone,s concern
Apnay kaam say kaam rakho

Its going to be celebrated no one can stop it :D
But it is UNISLAMIC!
Your state has banned it,will get punishment for going against such orders or maybe a fatwa?

Comparing valentines day with gay marriage etc is hilarious. Valentines day is not a legal instrument, you are not allowing anything more than is allowed on a normal day!

I, like many people in the West, am supremely annoyed by valentines too - so i don't celebrate it, simple.

According to some electronic media reports, the interior ministry had directed the Islamabad Capital Administration (ICT) to not allow individuals and organisations to hold Valentine’s Day celebrations in the city.

However, ICT officials have now confirmed to The Express Tribune that they have not received any such orders.

“I’m surprised why electronic media are airing such baseless news,” Islamabad Deputy Commissioner Captain (retd) Muhstaq Ahmed said.

Mairey shehar ko badnaam karnay ki sazish :butcher:
Media Walon ki tight si chitrol ki zarurat hai, be lugam ghoodde ki tarah hai ye.

I will give you the reply in

I will reply you in another appropriate thread on this topic. I do not want to comment here about this topic. Since 2 of you are completely going crazy.
But I must say you should not argue with him. You yourself know he's much younger than you then why arguing?
Behan jee, go back a few pages and see who started the name calling and the tantrum throwing (read post #52). If he's really a grown man as he claims to be then he would not have been behaving like a school yard girl cussing and swearing left and right. If someone insults me FIRST, I will reply in kind.

Pakistan bans Valentine's Day celebrations in Islamabad? | Page 4

Secondly, about globalization, yeah gay marriage is also a part of globalization, so is promoting other kinds of obscenity, gay parades, gender changing surgery. I'm sure you won't have any objections to that when that kind of stuff comes around in Pakistan, it's "globalization" after all.
So instead lets keep all the intolerable sexually abnormal mutants locked up in a cage and kept fearful of there own lives because homophobic men and women can't stand the sight of another human beings anatomy and sexual orientation. Gotcha. :enjoy:

Might as well isolate yourselves like North Korea and Ban all holidays. All this hatred over over a holiday, meanwhile you've got terrorists running around terrorizing sheep and donkeys (bestiality).

Ooooh the horror of Valentine's Day, Ban It! That's brilliant logic you've got there. :pleasantry:

Behan jee, go back a few pages and see who started the name calling and the tantrum throwing (read post #52). If he's really a grown man as he claims to be then he would not have been behaving like a school yard girl cussing and swearing left and right. If someone insults me FIRST, I will reply in kind.

Pakistan bans Valentine's Day celebrations in Islamabad? | Page 4
I don't want to get involved in your fight. Not saying who is wrong and who is right. As you liked my previous comment then I must say you one thing as well. He's @DESERT FIGHTER an elite member and older than you. So there is nothing wrong to back off and end this argument in order to ones respect. And of course for your respect too. :)
Also do you guys even have the idea how cheap this all went. Plus it was very pointless argument.

The government is denying but I am sure those Jamaat e islami idiots aren't foaming at the mouth for a ban on valentines day. Give people freedom, man.

Guzar gya :D

It depends on ones interpretation. Otherwise their poetry is mainly about Allah and Rasool Allah (saw) and their love. And love of nature.
I would like to give an example here,
"laagaa, chunri mein daag, chhupaaun kaise, Ghar jaun kaise" (this is a song), after reading this first thought of many people go into this worldly life and maybe a girl doing a sin?
But to me, it's about a person in general talking about his/her sins and scared to stand in front of Allah. Who ever is saying they supported this culture have no idea what Sufism is.
I have read extensively about the lives of prominent Sufis like Rumi, Chishti, Qadri, Datta Ganj Baksh, Bulleh Shah, Shah WalliUllah, and tid bits of others as well and all of their lives are characterized by their simplicity, devotion to Allah and his Rassool (PBUH) and the spread of Islam through charity and knowledge. Sufis were God fearing men who abandoned all worldly desires, fasted and ate very little, had only 1 or 2 pairs of clothes, and constantly performed Dhikr besides the 5 obligatory prayers. This was the life of Sufis, a life of complete submission to Allah and his Rassool (PBUH) and humbling oneself before the Almighty.

Sufism, like ALL branches of Islam, seeks to preserve Islam and its principles. After all that is why Sufis spread Islam in different parts of the world, if not to preserve it then why else??

Our so called "liberals" think Sufism supports their new religion of globalization. On the contrary globalization is doing its part in destroying Sufism with its man made liberal ideals and the consumerism and materialism that has come with them. Our "liberals" are NOT inspired by Sufism. On the contrary they are inspired by the West and its consumerist culture.

@DESERT FIGHTER

So little girl, where's your proof that Sufis celebrated Valentines day and attended night clubs? I'm still waiting. PS, i also write poetry about love, but i don't celebrate Valentines day. :lol: Writing poetry =/= celebrating valentines day and attending night clubs.
Dude, I don't know if you got your reply but here is my argument-

The Sufis did not watch cricket or television serials either, they did not fly in planes or have access to modern medicine - are you going to ban all those things because the Sufi saints did not do it? Did any Sufi saint ever expressly say not to buy cards for your wife in February?

You are mixing up spiritual, cultural and personal opinions here.

Valentines day is a made up, irritating, western commercial celebration. I find those stupid pink ribbons and heart shaped boxes of chocolates profoundly irritating BUT if I say that no one else can use pink ribbons because I find it irritating or Western or unnecessary then they have the right to turn around and ban say cricket which is a British game and nowadays completely crass commercialized, what about banning eating out at restaurants (after all our grandparents never used to do that) where does it stop? And who are you or me to decide for others what is right for them?

Valentines day has nothing to do with spirituality and it is wrong to tie up every little thing however mundane with the saving of your soul.

Dude, I don't know if you got your reply but here is my argument-

The Sufis did not watch cricket or television serials either, they did not fly in planes or have access to modern medicine - are you going to ban all those things because the Sufi saints did not do it? Did any Sufi saint ever expressly say not to buy cards for your wife in February?

You are mixing up spiritual, cultural and personal opinions here.

Valentines day is a made up, irritating, western commercial celebration. I find those stupid pink ribbons and heart shaped boxes of chocolates profoundly irritating BUT if I say that no one else can use pink ribbons because I find it irritating or Western or unnecessary then they have the right to turn around and ban say cricket which is a British game and nowadays completely crass commercialized, what about banning eating out at restaurants (after all our grandparents never used to do that) where does it stop? And who are you or me to decide for others what is right for them?

Valentines day has nothing to do with spirituality and it is wrong to tie up every little thing however mundane with the saving of your soul.
Firstly, I'm not the one who dragged Sufism into this topic, go back a few pages and see who did. If only you cared to pay attention.

Secondly, again, its NOT about what I THINK, its about how the majority feels. I thought I made this clear. Majority trumps individual opinions. People can do whatever they want in their private lives, but no one should try to publicly normalize a foreign practice if the majority frown upon it and reserve the right to ban the practice. Just like the liberal West bans holocaust denial because the majority frown upon it.

Now let the person who my posts were addressed to respond to them.

Last edited:
I don't want to get involved in your fight. Not saying who is wrong and who is right. As you liked my previous comment then I must say you one thing as well. He's @DESERT FIGHTER an elite member and older than you. So there is nothing wrong to back off and end this argument in order to ones respect. And of course for your respect too. :)
Also do you guys even have the idea how cheap this all went. Plus it was very pointless argument.
I'm not asking you to choose sides. I'm just saying just because someone is physically older doesn't always mean they behave old. I might be younger (though a bit older than 16 :lol:) but at least I don't cuss and swear left and right like a school girl. Secondly the title of elite membership is only due to paid subscription to the forum (if I'm correct), nothing else. One could be a recent member with elite status because of a paid subscription.

Back
Top Bottom