What's new

Valentine's Day vs Haya Day: Liberal, conservative students clash over Valentine’s Day in Peshawar

using products from the west and taking their culture is a huge difference don't you think?
oh really??? Now see how confused this country is.
Wearing a western clothing like jeans isnt taking the western culture?
Eating fast food at KFC and mcdonalds isn,t taking the western culture?
Following the western banking and financial system isn,t taking the western culture?
And i can give your hundreds of more examples...Sir! please tell me what is eastern ??

Beat those jamatis blue, black and red. I know plenty of Pakistanis that won't shed a tear.

Mullahs have haya, just like the mullah in my profile pic. So much haya actually that he himself sometimes dons the hijab.

Anti-Valentine’s Day protesters beat each other after finding no couples in park

Faridabad.
Protesters belonging to various groups opposed to celebrating Valentine’s Day got the shock of their life after they failed to spot a single heterosexual couple celebrating the day at the local park here.

Frustrated and angered by an imminent failure of their plans of bashing up such couples and be in the limelight, the protesters started thrashing each other.

“All due to these guys!” claimed a member of the Sarv Khap Sena throwing a slipper towards a volunteer of the Virat Hindu Samaj, “They went overboard in threatening the local couples. They even threw pamphlets inside their homes warning of dangerous consequences. And see, now no one has come out!”
street-fight-300x208.jpg

Protesters clashing with each other

Sources tell Faking News that the protesters, around 20 in total, were the first one to reach the jogging park this morning and were forced to loiter aimlessly there for a couple of hours as no couple turned up. Apparently, only losers look up to this day these days, but this trend couldn’t be verified from independent sources.

Local TV news reporters were the next set of losers singles to reach the park, hoping to record some drama with helpless couples getting beaten up, and send those video clips to their news channel’s headquarters in Delhi, where their bosses could outrage about the incidents later in the evening.

“The embarrassment was too much to take,” disclosed another protester why he resorted to beating up fellow protesters, “The reporters started taunting and laughing at us. Some of them warned that they’d never give us any media coverage in future if we failed to give them some dramatic scenes on camera.”

After beating up each other for 15 minutes, which was recorded by the local TV reporters, the protesters went their own way, allegedly to add random girls on Facebook.

Sources say that the news channels are planning to show the “news” as Pro and Anti-Valentine’s Day protesters clashing with each other.

“That will differentiate our reports from the Faking News’ report,” explained a local journalist.

The situation, we as a nation are in, perhaps calls for a better use of time than celebrating VD. This is my opinion as a Pakistani, and as a University Professor. That being said, people are free to make their choices and nobody has right to impose their interpretation on others. Live and let others live, IJT needs to learn this. However, given their history, and intolerance towards others, there are slim to no chances that they will ever learn.

The situation, we as a nation are in, perhaps calls for a better use of time than celebrating VD. This is my opinion as a Pakistani, and as a University Professor. That being said, people are free to make their choices and nobody has right to impose their interpretation on others. Live and let others live, IJT needs to learn this. However, given their history, and intolerance towards others, there are slim to no chances that they will ever learn.

Do you see it as a conflict of ideologies ? I have long thought and maintained that it is one and hence we see incidents like that repeated in different manners .

we all know how pakis are.
pakis aren't mature enough to celebrate this holiday.
all they do is go after girls like horny goats thats all.
I'm glad they are getting an *** whooping, no family should have to worry about sending their daughter to college and getting eloped by bastard who then later will abandon her.

:taz::taz::taz::taz:
Again women are not our properties they have a free will, nobody forces them to do anything.If by any chance a man forces a woman then that is a crime and due punishment should be given.
How do you know every Pakistani is like that?If two are celebrating something of their own choice why should the mullahs dictate on them not to.
Don't like it Don't watch or celebrate it? For what reason must you shove your beliefs.As I live in Peshawar i have witnessed the stone age mentality of islami jamiat e talba?
Is the concept of live and let live that hard to get?

your with liberals on every issue aren't you?
See my recent posts. I supported PMLN on many issues.. Are they liberal? I am not blind supporter like you. Same case i supported PPPP , PTI on many issues..
I can't support hard line islamist that can't sit with peace .........

Well, I am not sure if I would call it conflict of ideologies. I don't think we have any ideology. We are basically reactionary nation. Most of what we do is in reaction to others whom we don't agree with. I have experienced this during my university days. Opposing groups would organize events solely to irritate each other, which obviously would end up in clashes. I always welcome to take good things from other cultures but those which would yield no benefit, I will stay away from them.

Interfering in others matters and preaching our ideas and thoughts to others is our favorite pass time. Take for example how we misuse loudspeaker. There maybe a sick person who would be trying to go to sleep, or a student preparing for exam, or somebody listening to their favorite music, or watching a show. But no, we don't care about their choice, we want them to hear Azan or listen to our sermon, or whatever. This habit of ours has introduced intolerance towards each other and now we are reaping what we have sowed in late 70s.

Last edited:
Yeah valentine's day is against our culture . Lets celebrate Beheading Day , Rape Day , Acid Day , Damaging Public Property Day ,Child Marriage Day , Suicide Day etc . That are completely in line with our culture .

Your location shows the United States of America , bon ami . You enjoy the freedom of speech and actions under the same secular law to the extent that you wouldn't like to live/work in Pakistan but here , you will act all conservative and religious . You like/love to live/work in the same country/culture/society but you wouldn't like us to enjoy the same freedom . Why is that ? I am quite sure their daughters possess a free and critical thinking mind and are mature enough to make right choices unlike toddlers or children who need to be told constantly , what is good for them . Its an insult on a person's intelligence . Do not you think ? :D

Man you hit the nail on its head :tup:

Your location shows the United States of America , bon ami . You enjoy the freedom of speech and actions under the same secular law to the extent that you wouldn't like to live/work in Pakistan but here , you will act all conservative and religious . You like/love to live/work in the same country/culture/society but you wouldn't like us to enjoy the same freedom . Why is that ? I am quite sure their daughters possess a free and critical thinking mind and are mature enough to make right choices unlike toddlers or children who need to be told constantly , what is good for them . Its an insult on a person's intelligence . Do not you think ? :D
its one thing being able to enjoy valentines day its another thing it being shoved down peoples throat.
pakistan is not america, pakistan is not the west! pakistan has its own culture and way of life. it doesn't need western culture.
if want to enjoy secularism then come here to west and enjoy it. don't taint our culture in pakistan.

Exactly this is called enforced islam.Bloody fascists
its best you keep your shit about islam to yourself. islam didn't insult you. if you don't like islam ignore it but we won't tolerate a word that insults our religion.

See my recent posts. I supported PMLN on many issues.. Are they liberal? I am not blind supporter like you. Same case i supported PPPP , PTI on many issues..
I can't support hard line islamist that can't sit with peace .........
im not a blind supporter bro.
i just want best for my country weather its from mom ppp or pti or pml n.
to me advancement of pakistan is always first before anything.

Again women are not our properties they have a free will, nobody forces them to do anything.If by any chance a man forces a woman then that is a crime and due punishment should be given.
How do you know every Pakistani is like that?If two are celebrating something of their own choice why should the mullahs dictate on them not to.
Don't like it Don't watch or celebrate it? For what reason must you shove your beliefs.As I live in Peshawar i have witnessed the stone age mentality of islami jamiat e talba?
Is the concept of live and let live that hard to get?
personally i have no problems with valentines but i think its western culture not ours.
we have great cultures already in pakistan we should stick to them. why be like everybody else? we should stay unique.
obviously what jamet e islami is doing is wrong, i hate those guys.

its one thing being able to enjoy valentines day its another thing it being shoved down peoples throat.
pakistan is not america, pakistan is not the west! pakistan has its own culture and way of life. it doesn't need western culture.
if want to enjoy secularism then come here to west and enjoy it. don't taint our culture in pakistan.

its best you keep your shit about islam to yourself. islam didn't insult you. if you don't like islam ignore it but we won't tolerate a word that insults our religion.
It is for us to decide what we want or not?We believe in secularism therefore we ant to support it? want a mullahstan go to Saudi Arabia or Iran. Liberals are not shoving any of their beliefs that is something the other side is doing.

oh really??? Now see how confused this country is.
Wearing a western clothing like jeans isnt taking the western culture?
Eating fast food at KFC and mcdonalds isn,t taking the western culture?
Following the western banking and financial system isn,t taking the western culture?
And i can give your hundreds of more examples...Sir! please tell me what is eastern ??
banking is western? and food is western?clothes are western? jesus christ bro learn to learn the difference.
valentines day is cultural while those other things are still products for betterment of society.
why do we need to celebrate valentines day? don't we have our own culture? why accept imperialist cultures?
if we use western products the west uses eastern products as well like indian numbers and arabic algebra ect.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom