What's new

Pakistan bans Valentine's Day celebrations in Islamabad?

Chalo aglay saal sahi - :undecided:

Aye jaye sanu Ki? :D

world is moving forward toward globalization and different culture are merging together creating a globally unified culture which is a good thing and it is bound to happen because of the advent of internet and other ways communication no mater how much conservatives try to stop it .but what i don't get is why we resist this change why not accept it with exception of few things which extremely contradicts with our own culture.you yourself are living in usa a you know better then many how mixed and global their culture is you can get sushi,daal,pizza and shawarma all at a single street.if this is not objectionable then why black friday and Halloween is.so we stop acting like our culture is Superior to any one else.
i would love to see my whole country men becoming desi gora hybrid if other option is to become isolated extremely radical mullah.

And guess what? Even after living in USA I never celebrated any of this event. I survived sir. It's not about saying our culture is the best. But remember your culture ID you and losing it means losing your identity. Accept it or not at the end of day we are Muslims and have to draw few lines. No matter where this world go, if it's against the teachings of Islam. We gotta step back and not walk with them. On the day of judgement you can't say Allah about globalization and nor these people will speak on your behalf. Kawa chal Hans Ki chal or apni chal bhi Bhool gya.
I would love to see my Pakistanis following the best stuff of west rather pointless events or fashions. Hey guess what? Americans are very honest to their jobs, less jealousy, less or equal to no corruption in people (ain't talking about government here). Why not competing with west in field of science? Why only weird stuff needs to be copied?

Aye jaye sanu Ki? :D

And guess what? Even after living in USA I never celebrated any of this event. I survived sir. It's not about saying our culture is the best. But remember your culture ID you and losing it means losing your identity. Accept it or not at the end of day we are Muslims and have to draw few lines. No matter where this world go, if it's against the teachings of Islam. We gotta step back and not walk with them. On the day of judgement you can't say Allah about globalization and nor these people will speak on your behalf. Kawa chal Hans Ki chal or apni chal bhi Bhool gya.
I would love to see my Pakistanis following the best stuff of west rather pointless events or fashions. Hey guess what? Americans are very honest to their jobs, less jealousy, less or equal to no corruption in people (ain't talking about government here). Why not competing with west in field of science? Why only weird stuff needs to be copied?
believe me i would be more then happy to see my people to become more like them in every field and behavior.but let me remind you those thing which were taboos few years ago are norms of today like voting rights of women racial discrimination and slavery. islam allow you to own slave but then why every Islamic country has abolished it.we were allowed to own slave with few condition met then why we abandon that practice let me tell you why because it was out dated practice with no place in today's society.same things happen with racial laws and women rights.world is changing and we need to change with it.i am not saying that we should blindly follow western or any other culture.but we should give them a chance to merge with ours to make a more tolerating and flexible Pakistan because if we don't world will move forward an we will be left behind and alone.look at turkey uae Malaysia they didn't lost their culture but simply merged it with international one and they are far more accepted then we are.

believe me i would be more then happy to see my people to become more like them in every field and behavior.but let me remind you those thing which were taboos few years ago are norms of today like voting rights of women racial discrimination and slavery. islam allow you to own slave but then why every Islamic country has abolished it.we were allowed to own slave with few condition met then why we abandon that practice let me tell you why because it was out dated practice with no place in today's society.same things happen with racial laws and women rights.world is changing and we need to change with it.i am not saying that we should blindly follow western or any other culture.but we should give them a chance to merge with ours to make a more tolerating and flexible Pakistan because if we don't world will move forward an we will be left behind and alone.look at turkey uae Malaysia they didn't lost their culture but simply merged it with international one and they are far more accepted then we are.

Sir, if you want a reply please kindly post this in 'Pakistani corner' or 'whatever' thread. Since too much immaturity is seen on this thread. Even by the seniors and elite members. So I'm out of thread.

Regards.

Only Pakistanis with inferiority complex vis a vis the West ( Pakistani "liberals") want to celebrate this nonsense holiday. A proud Pakistani doesn't need to celebrate western celebrations.
Do you celebrate new year?
justasking

The shops and restaurants are still offering valentine's day deals, couples can be seen around the parks and markets, I am being bombarded with valentine's day advertising so pardon me if I take this news with a fist full of salt.
Islamabad is the city where you are allowed to carry weed for personal recreational use and not be arrested, easily the most progressive city in Pakistan and I cannot believe that any such preposterous orders can be given or implemented in the city.
That being said, we are too hard on love, if we as a society were as unanimous in the clear cut rejection of extremism as we are when it comes to Valentine's day, we'd have been living in a more peaceful society since ages past.
You may now bash me for being a westernized, besharam insan.
Icarus sir.....what about christians?
Shouldnt they be allowed to celebrate valentines or christmas??

How do you ban it when it's not a "holiday" to begin with !?!

In this era of globalisation .. You can't ban everything just because you don't like it!

What are you gonna do to "ban" people from "celebrating",buying cards,flower or going for dinner?

Is Ch Nisar (who can't do shyt about a terrorist center in the middle of Islamabad) going to enforce the ban by stopping every couple and asking for their Nikah Nama ?

The shops are going to sell merchandise... People are going to go out for dinner.. So called useless ban will be made a joke of.. Nobody's gonna give a shyt.
Flower prices are up in the capital already

Sodomise and do every haramtopi .. Play the strict kattar "musalman" infront of the crowd..
Wo karein to alhamdulilah ham karein to :astagh:

Last edited:
More than just banning , they should try to show the reason why it is not liked/allowed in Islam. And also, as an example, why the people need to realize that if listening to loud obscene music is there right , it is equally the right of others not to hear it (who do not want to listen it). Only thing allowed publicly should be what is considered allowed in Islam. Other than that, those who want to deform the society and desire to kink the straight path may do it in the safety of their own homes but not publicly
I totally agree. Unfortunately we are weak in educating people about these issues...

Last year we had concerts in Islamabad on V day

Do you celebrate new year?
justasking

Icarus sir.....what about christians?
Shouldnt they be allowed to celebrate valentines or christmas??

To be fair, Valentine's Day isn't really a "Christian" Holiday as such, its more of a consumer driven event. That being said however, the state has no mandate to govern which holidays people can and cannot celebrate. The state has the legal capacity to declare some holidays to be "National Holidays" while refrain from doing so in the case of others but they cannot ban any festivities.

To be fair, Valentine's Day isn't really a "Christian" Holiday as such, its more of a consumer driven event. That being said however, the state has no mandate to govern which holidays people can and cannot celebrate. The state has the legal capacity to declare some holidays to be "National Holidays" while refrain from doing so in the case of others but they cannot ban any festivities.
Its just a day in which folks overcharge for stuff no one buys the rest of the year :D

Yar jagra he khatam karo Sassi punoo, heer ranjah, rawal jugni day mana lo, farak kya parta hy.

na na na wohi baat nahi hy, 1960 ki film may aur ajj ki film may bohat farak hy kam aik he hy par andaz matter karta hy.

:D
Pehlay ganay mein heroine ki ankhain hilte theen ab ankhoan kay elawa sab kuch hilta hay :D

Back
Top Bottom