What's new

Valentine's Day vs Haya Day: Liberal, conservative students clash over Valentine’s Day in Peshawar

There is no kissing booth but young lovers holding hands and walking around is completely normal .

If holding hands being the benchmark most of the people i saw had their hands full with babies. I think they were past the hand holding part.

If you want to be conservative then move to Pakistan. America is a secular country. See what I did thaar.

Thank god for above averages blessing us poor pakistanis on whats real and fake.
america doesn't require one to be liberal or conservative. neither does pakistan but what im saying is why does pakistan want to celebrate valentines day to begin with? lol i just don't get it. pakistan as a country and society isn't ready for that stuff yet. we are too closed minded. we don't let our girls marry who they want or even our men even though islamically its ok. our desi culture rejects stuff like valentines day because our culture revolves around honor ect.

america doesn't require one to be liberal or conservative. neither does pakistan but what im saying is why does pakistan want to celebrate valentines day to begin with? lol i just don't get it. pakistan as a country and society isn't ready for that stuff yet. we are too closed minded. we don't let our girls marry who they want or even our men even though islamically its ok. our desi culture rejects stuff like valentines day because our culture revolves around honor ect.

How do you purpose we break this cycle? By continuing to do what we do or fight back with a cultural rebellion? Not that it matters, it will happen no matter what. The amount of time is the actual question. I would like for it to be liveable in my lifetime.

If I were to reply to your wonderful question in a single word, I would say 'insecurity'. We (including myself who is living abroad for 13 years now) are insecure people. We left our country in search of better prospects but we find it difficult to adopt other's culture. We think that by assimilating into other's cultures, we will lose our identity. This is what we call in psychology, a fight or flight attitude, which stems from lack of confidence in one's self. Now why are we like this, I guess it is because we hail from a closed society, that has recently (65 years is not that long as many think) gained independence from a foreign rule. Our elders have suffered severe persecutions under colonial rule and experienced threat to our way of life. We have inherited this fear from our elders and we are not ready yet to interact with others as a free person. We see just about everything as a threat to our religion, our way of life. We need time, a few more decades, you'll notice an improvement. We as a nation, are evolving, and evolution my friend, is a long and painful process.
from the short time i seen you on this forum i already have great respect for your wisdom.
i agree with you, you have changed my mind on a handful of issues to be honest lol.
you need to be a think tank or something. we got all sorts of *** clowns labeled as think tanks but they actually dont know anything. @WebMaster you should consider this guy as a think tank or something.

How do you purpose we break this cycle? By continuing to do what we do or fight back with a cultural rebellion?
education is the only solution.

If holding hands being the benchmark most of the people i saw had their hands full with babies. I think they were past the hand holding part.

What i mean to say is that they were clearly not married and no one will bat an eye on it . No hate on conservative people , only hate is on people who shove their views down other people's throat .

I dont know why people take refuge of culture when they cant rationally debate about whether something should be allowed or not. Culture basically means we have been doing things this way for quite long. Thats all.

from the short time i seen you on this forum i already have great respect for your wisdom.
i agree with you, you have changed my mind on a handful of issues to be honest lol.
you need to be a think tank or something. we got all sorts of *** clowns labeled as think tanks but they actually dont know anything. @WebMaster you should consider this guy as a think tank or something.

education is the only solution.

How is celebrating valentines day uncultured? Just because it is someone else's culture does not mean they are advocating running around naked and making out on the streets. Whats being promoted in the US is vastly different of how it is celebrated in MY country.

I dont know why people take refuge of culture when they cant rationally debate about whether something should be allowed or not. Culture basically means we have been doing things this way for quite long. Thats all.
its not gonna work in pakistan period. like i said pakistan isnt ready things like that YET

How is celebrating valentines day uncultured? Just because it is someone else's culture does not mean they are advocating running around naked and making out on the streets. Whats being promoted in the US is vastly different of how it is celebrated in MY country.
go ahead bro promote and see how people react we aren't ready for shit like that. maybe once we are more educated and less poor.

its not gonna work in pakistan period. like i said pakistan isnt ready things like that YET

go ahead bro promote and see how people react we aren't ready for shit like that. maybe once we are more educated and less poor.

It is working and inshallah it will continue to keep working. When you come back to my country you will see the difference.

nor in India... there has been so many opposition in India too... was just pointing the much used 'culture' argument needs to be deconstructed.

It is working and inshallah it will continue to keep working. When you come back to my country you will see the difference.
i hope it works, im all for the spread of love bro.

nor in India... there has been so many opposition in India too... was just pointing the much used 'culture' argument needs to be deconstructed.
i guess it does. perhaps we can invent a desi valentines day lol.

Beat those jamatis blue, black and red. I know plenty of Pakistanis that won't shed a tear.

Mullahs have haya, just like the mullah in my profile pic. So much haya actually that he himself sometimes dons the hijab.

these bearded buffoons have no haya. their tool goes haywire when they see even a lady in buraq . they ar egrinning because girls are not handing them flowers

They got the beating of their life.

these bearded buffoons have no haya. their tool goes haywire when they see even a lady in buraq . they ar egrinning because girls are not handing them flowers

no girl ever handed anybody flowers, they only expect flower.
Mullahs are only saving money which they can use for some grooming in male beauty parlour.

All these are conspiracy of greetings card companies. wake up pakistan. :pakistan:

DId they? That would be a glad sign. Although I heard the administration and Mullahs are in sync. Stop Fahashi being their battle cry.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom