What's new

Valentine's Day vs Haya Day: Liberal, conservative students clash over Valentine’s Day in Peshawar

Yeah valentine's day is against our culture . Lets celebrate Beheading Day , Rape Day , Acid Day , Damaging Public Property Day ,Child Marriage Day , Suicide Day etc . That are completely in line with our culture .
What about india? Can people celebrate this lovely day there without any problems ?What average indian think about this day ?

its best you keep your shit about islam to yourself. islam didn't insult you. if you don't like islam ignore it but we won't tolerate a word that insults our religion.
Islam did not insult me but fascists like you who force their shit on others definitely insult others.To what extent i should follow my religion or not is my personal thing and no one has a damn right to criticize me .People like you gave islam a bad name ,first you show your intolerance in the name of islam later when people say bad things to islam ,you simply wear your suicide vest and blow them up.

Last edited:
If your comfortable in a jeans rather than a shalwar kameez, I don't think western culture is adopted..

When people say why make only one day special instead of 365 days, I will tell them to wake up and smell coffee. They are living in lala land..

banking is western? and food is western?clothes are western?
Yes the way to adopt these things later change our culture

jesus christ bro learn to learn the difference.
Jesus christ ?? A christian here is telling me about islam and criticizing valentines day :lol:
Westerners have no problem adopting our some cultural things and practices like yoga etc but here we love to stick our arses with our culture .Yes i like my culture but again no one should criticize me even if i want to adopt the culture of brazil.Go open minded dude

So anything opposite of secularism is extremism? What's the logic in this?

Where did I ever mentioned of secularism?
Threatening people on Valentine Day is extremism. Yu can keep any good names for that if you want.

These retards IJT pulled a gun? When will they learn that spreading Islam through force is the anti thesis of our religion. So what people celebrate V day? Their choices, they are answerable for their actions/intentions. Awein being phannay khan. I smacked a few of these retards around a year ago. I may not agree with V day, but i sure as shit am not gonna go out of my way to stop people celebrating such a day.

Now this qamar retard enjoys the privileges of US secular nation but dreams of delusional conservative nonsense. Seen plenty his types.
They will not Learn, they have to be smacked to learn and follow your correct religion..

But then it's complex, what is right and what is wrong. Who will decide?

Anyways, for making them learn you need a movement which I don't see happening. Pakistanis have accepted or are happy with the current situation... There is no resistance!

its one thing being able to enjoy valentines day its another thing it being shoved down peoples throat.
pakistan is not america, pakistan is not the west! pakistan has its own culture and way of life. it doesn't need western culture.
if want to enjoy secularism then come here to west and enjoy it. don't taint our culture in pakistan.

Actually , mate , if you read the news , something else was being shoved down people's throat . People celebrating Valentines Day do not have any problem with the people celebrating the Haya Day , but the same isn't true the other way around . That is what we have been talking about here all along . Why should we allow others to decide what is good for us ? Why should we not have a freedom of choice and expression ? Just why ? There wasn't never debating on the necessity of promoting Western culture and mixing it with our own or adopting it , I was merely questioning " Why do you people living in the West ( most I have interacted with ) do not want the same freedom which you enjoy and love in the West to the extent that you wouldn't want to return back to Pakistan ? " - now I didn't single you out , because I have seen this thought pattern in a lot of people residing in the West , I have come in contact with . You see it is strange ! It is something we know as sheer hypocrisy . The question isn't answered by saying that we have a different culture because even the culture like all other things evolves with time . What is a norm today might not be tomorrow and vice versa . Now , since you seem to care about preservation of culture , I was wondering what do you think about Arabization - it HAS happened on a scale far worse than this .

we all know how pakis are.
pakis aren't mature enough to celebrate this holiday.
all they do is go after girls like horny goats thats all.
I'm glad they are getting an *** whooping, no family should have to worry about sending their daughter to college and getting eloped by bastard who then later will abandon her.

:taz::taz::taz::taz:
Isn't it a derogatory term and the word banned in PDF?

" Why do you people living in the West ( most I have interacted with ) do not want the same freedom which you enjoy and love in the West to the extent that you wouldn't want to return back to Pakistan ? "
If I were to reply to your wonderful question in a single word, I would say 'insecurity'. We (including myself who is living abroad for 13 years now) are insecure people. We left our country in search of better prospects but we find it difficult to adopt other's culture. We think that by assimilating into other's cultures, we will lose our identity. This is what we call in psychology, a fight or flight attitude, which stems from lack of confidence in one's self. Now why are we like this, I guess it is because we hail from a closed society, that has recently (65 years is not that long as many think) gained independence from a foreign rule. Our elders have suffered severe persecutions under colonial rule and experienced threat to our way of life. We have inherited this fear from our elders and we are not ready yet to interact with others as a free person. We see just about everything as a threat to our religion, our way of life. We need time, a few more decades, you'll notice an improvement. We as a nation, are evolving, and evolution my friend, is a long and painful process.

What about india? Can people celebrate this lovely day there without any problems ?What average indian think about this day ?

My whole post was about both the countries . That being said celebrating Valentine is much easier in India if we ignore posing of some right wing parties every now and then .

My whole post was about both the countries . That being said celebrating Valentine is much easier in India if we ignore posing of some right wing parties every now and then .

Why is it much easier? When was the last time you celebrated Valentines in any city of Paistan other than celebrating an off putting incident that happened in a newspaper. Those two gangs already had an agenda and valentines day seemed to be a good day to unleash their frustrations. Did you see any women in haya or valentines camp?

Why is it much easier? When was the last time you celebrated Valentines in any city of Paistan other than celebrating an off putting incident that happened in a newspaper. Those two gangs already had an agenda and valentines day seemed to be a good day to unleash their frustrations. Did you see any women in haya or valentines camp?

Dude i mean from cultural perspective . Most of hindus are semi-atheists including me .

Dude i mean from cultural perspective . Most of hindus are semi-atheists including me .

Well thats true, I guess its not like way too open but there was a nice open air park fair for valentines day. Saw a lot of conservative folks enjoying responsibly. I didnt see a kissing booth and I am sure there isnt one in India in fairs as well no matter how atheist that city is.

Well thats true, I guess its not like way too open but there was a nice open air park fair for valentines day. Saw a lot of conservative folks enjoying responsibly. I didnt see a kissing booth and I am sure there isnt one in India in fairs as well no matter how atheist that city is.

There is no kissing booth but young lovers holding hands and walking around is completely normal .

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom