What's new

Pakistan-A real market for the Mirage 2000-9 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think our Pakistani friends think the Arabs will give these away for cheap

Unfortunately they have not followed the story closely enough to understsnd the following key points.

1. The Arabs will demand big money for what is a very potent and well looked after fleet of fighters far more money than used f16s.

2. The cost of French weapons us twice that of USA and four times that of the chinease missiles.

3 that the sale is dependant on UAE agreeing a deal to but rafale or more USA teens including f18 hornets which will take four or five years to sign and deliver 60 fighters.

Pakistanis think they are sitting in a UAE hanger gathering dust waited to be picked up free next year.

So far from ground realty.

For seven years I herd about paf buying forty j10 and then earlier this year paf pulled the plug has they could not find the 1.5 billion needed to buy 36/40 j10 fighters.

Sixty used mirages 2000 Wil cost far more than 1.5 billion dollars.regsrless who buys them.

Infact I would say either the French Wil buy then back as a down payment on rafales or India even more likely as the Indians can't afford the mmrcs contract at over 25 billions.

It just makes sense to buy these to take Indian mirage 2009 fleet to 110 machines

I am really in favor of these planes getting inducted into the PAF.
In certain flight envelopes ... these birds ... are superior to the F-16s.
Their avionics is quite comparable to the Block-52+.
They are excellent strike platforms.
Their induction will enhance PAF's Multi-Role muscle.
Their induction will ensure that the IAF doesn't get hold of them and build a 100+ awesome M2K fleet.

But having said all of the above, I am doubtful whether they will really be on offer in terms that will make it possible for us to acquire them. And, even if we do somehow acquire them ... I am doubtful we can afford to maintain and operate them. Also, I am doubtful whether these birds will be on offer anytime soon ... at least not until the latest Block-60(?61) begin to get delivered to the UAE.

The whole thread spawned because of an oblique reference by Alan Warnes in this months Airforce Monthly.
I think we maybe jumping the gun here.

Last edited:
For seven years I herd about paf buying forty j10 and then earlier this year paf pulled the plug has they could not find the 1.5 billion needed to buy 36/40 j10 fighters.

Sixty used mirages 2000 Wil cost far more than 1.5 billion dollars.regsrless who buys them.

Infact I would say either the French Wil buy then back as a down payment on rafales or India even more likely as the Indians can't afford the mmrcs contract at over 25 billions.

It just makes sense to buy these to take Indian mirage 2009 fleet to 110 machines
who said we are scrapping MMRCA ???? you don't need to pay 20B $ ASAP. ...

Aliyusuf....

The most honest and realistic post yet in this entire thread.

This mirage2009 deal will not be cheap and Wil take many years to happen.

pakistan should replace Mirage IIIs and Vs with these advanced Mirage2000s

The biggest advantage they will add if old F-16 are not available is their ability to carry advance BVR missiles with Anti Ship missiles they can take care of IN's CBGs with other PAF assets.

They will be rapid gap filler of 4th gen jets which PAF is in need to take on IAF & IN combined.

But I still think they should be last option of PAF, if other options are not available.

The biggest advantage they will add if old F-16 are not available is their ability to carry advance BVR missiles with Anti Ship missiles they can take care of IN's CBGs with other PAF assets.

They will be rapid gap filler of 4th gen jets which PAF is in need to take on IAF & IN combined.

But I still think they should be last option of PAF, if other options are not available.
otherwise J10 is good option,,,,,but it will take time

otherwise J10 is good option,,,,,but it will take time

Every new platform need time in integration if M2k9s are inducted then they will also take some time to fully integrated in PAF.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about. .. IN alone has enough air cover.. as of now we have 45 migs later LCA will be added... sinking carrier is not easy as you think.. Air launched Anti ship missiles will not sunk AC. .. CBG means frigate destroyers Subs ASW ships etc... stop worrying about IN CBG lol... IAF +IN means brute force ... can the PAF afford to divert it's assets for PN. how can they compensate ???? what type of ASM you want to integrate on M2K. .. M2K are not unknown platforms to us... We have got enough experience on it... where it whole new platform to PAF.

Do you have any idea what you are talking about. .. IN alone has enough air cover.. as of now we have 45 migs later LCA will be added... sinking carrier is not easy as you think.. Air launched Anti ship missiles will not sunk AC. .. CBG means frigate destroyers Subs ASW ships etc... stop worrying about IN CBG lol... IAF +IN means brute force ... can the PAF afford to divert it's assets for PN. how can they compensate ???? what type of ASM you want to integrate on M2K. .. M2K are not unknown platforms to us... We have got enough experience on it... where it whole new platform to PAF.

Do you have any Idea what I m talking about, No, you think that if PAF induct 68 M2K9s then they will stop inducting JF-17s no.

Do you have any Idea what I m talking about, No, you think that if PAF induct 68 M2K9s then they will stop inducting JF-17s no.
but you are thinking IN and IAF will sit quite and let PAF and PN launch missiles on them.... neither IN or IAF stopped induction. ...

If PAF go for low cost F-16s & M2K9s both with JF-17 which is possible in some scenarios (although PAF will keep inducting 2 out of 3 mentioned platforms) will allow PAF not just to divert its assets as they want, but they will be very lethal in a defensive war against IN & IAF combined.

but you are thinking IN and IAF will sit quite and let PAF and PN launch missiles on them.... neither IN or IAF stopped induction. ...

Please don't derail this thread by going off topic, its not Indian Navy thread, @Aeronaut please clear the thread from off topic posts as some Indians are trying to troll here.

If PAF go for low cost F-16s & M2K9s both with JF-17 which is possible in some scenarios (although PAF will keep inducting 2 out of 3 mentioned platforms) will allow PAF not just to divert its assets as they want, but they will be very lethal in a defensive war against IN & IAF combined.

Please don't derail this thread by going off topic, its not Indian Navy thread, @Aeronaut please clear the thread from off topic posts as some Indians are trying to troll here.

you only bring IN here... and JF 17 etc in Indian navy thread ... stop roaming around IN .. With your fantasies ...

you only bring IN here... and JF 17 etc in Indian navy thread ... stop roaming around IN .. With your fantasies ...

Please stay on topic and stop trolling.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom