What's new

Pak Suzuki stopping Alto 1000 manufacturing

If things go well between both countries, Hero, Bajaj, TATA, and Mahindra would be eager to enter Pakistani market. The quality of 2 wheelers and 4 wheelers in India is way better than in Pakistan. Will surely help Pakistan if Bajaj, and Hero enter the market

Pakistan is in desperate need of some low priced quality two-wheelers. I hope the relations get better and the Indian companies are allowed to have their manufacturing plants here. Investment and jobs creation for Pakistan, more business for India > A win win!

That is how it should be..

I think no one has taken some notice what I had posted earlier:
I have heard a little while ago that Suzuki is going to shift its plant from Pakistan to bangladesh. More over yesterday I have heard that many people have been complaining since the last 2 years that the Roh-e-Afza is quite short or almost invisible from the market its just because of the fact that the company that makes it is moving its plant from Pakistan to India and Qarshi is also relocating its plant from Pakistan to bangladesh as well in India. I hoped that people of this country would realize the fact that our industries should be part of our economy, there are Political Parities that used to ask money from them every month and even threatens them to take their part workers as their employees and if they won't then they owner and his family would be killed. The problem even worsen because there is not a single party there are lots of parties that wants to take the jobs and give it to their workers with the salary that is not offered by the company and more over they threaten that the owner will not going to give this job to any other party members or to any other person in any way. So this is also the reason for un employment in Pakistan. So there is nothing an honest man can do, I am a resident of Karachi and used to feel that pain that there is a situation in Karachi which worsening by every passing hour and minute. I used to see many trucks with machinery loaded on them running on the roads and most probably going towards the port which is a sign of industries moving outside Pakistan, this happens after sunset. ALLAH is the only one who can save our Present and Future.... Ameen.

I think no one has taken some notice what I had posted earlier:
I have heard a little while ago that Suzuki is going to shift its plant from Pakistan to bangladesh. More over yesterday I have heard that many people have been complaining since the last 2 years that the Roh-e-Afza is quite short or almost invisible from the market its just because of the fact that the company that makes it is moving its plant from Pakistan to India and Qarshi is also relocating its plant from Pakistan to bangladesh as well in India. I hoped that people of this country would realize the fact that our industries should be part of our economy, there are Political Parities that used to ask money from them every month and even threatens them to take their part workers as their employees and if they won't then they owner and his family would be killed. The problem even worsen because there is not a single party there are lots of parties that wants to take the jobs and give it to their workers with the salary that is not offered by the company and more over they threaten that the owner will not going to give this job to any other party members or to any other person in any way. So this is also the reason for un employment in Pakistan. So there is nothing an honest man can do, I am a resident of Karachi and used to feel that pain that there is a situation in Karachi which worsening by every passing hour and minute. I used to see many trucks with machinery loaded on them running on the roads and most probably going towards the port which is a sign of industries moving outside Pakistan, this happens after sunset. ALLAH is the only one who can save our Present and Future.... Ameen.

We have and it is deeper than that. It is political and beyond. Actually the forcibly taking money has been present for longer than you think and is present even in India and Bangladesh too. It is just one problem. The other problem is scarcity of electricity and natural gas here. If you are owner of a big plant, what would you do when the electricity and gas is not there? The economists are saying each year Pakistan's economic growth is being hampered by upto 4% because of electricity and gas shortages. That is if we did not have these shortages, our economic growth will be above 8%. The other problem beside this one is that there is no competition among Pakistan's industries. As you can see here, they have stopped Alto production which is a newer car and are going backwards to Mehran. Other countries car industries are moving forwards, ours is going backward. Because there is no competition. Then there is abuse of the law. Euro II standard was developed in Europe for petrol or diesel cars and in Pakistan all Altos are running on CNG which is cleaner than even the latest European standards. But they have used the trick of Euro II standard to rob us all. It is an old story.

Sir my friend used to work in a chemical factory where he left it last Ramadan because of the target killings in the area of SITE, he says to me that I gained that job secretly as his friend was a merchandiser there who asked him for that Vacancy for a Chemical Engineer. The Boss of that Industry told him that he requires atleast 16+ Chemical Engineers there but still he can't advertize as the political parties have threaten him to hire their members and not others, more over there is a shortage of other office employees too and drivers and factory workers which he can't hire. There is a big problem of gas and electricity there but still his BOSS replied that the Threats from Political Parties are the biggest problem that we are facing now in Karachi and he said "I am now seriously looking forward to Bangladesh for moving up my business there permanently" as he has gained some great offers from there. The local businessmen once suggested that they are going to open up powerplants in Karachi but they didn't completed because of the fact that the Bearu crats were invlolved in ruining the situtaion even more. So what can we expect more....

well as of this moment pak suzuki motors have stopped producing Mehran and Alto sales are on in full ... bit confusing this news is

lol who wants shitty Indian cars ? We have one Indian car in Norway since its EL car in veryyyy few nubers. Name is REVA and ppl call it Ræva which means A*S.

That is right. We should have our own standards based on CNG fuel since that is the fuel most Pakistani cars use.
I am happy Pakistan is using CNG cars the level of pollution is quite less, in fact few years ago Delhi govt had converted all the public transport buses to CNG for this very reason.
But a question to Pakistani members if CNG is extensively used why dont they have their own standards why follow euro norms

to any Pakistani member how much does it takes to fit a CNG kit in your car & how much athourity takes to athourize it or give licence...kindly do reply Thanks.

Pakistani car market is literally owned by 3 giants. Toyota, Honda and Suzuki. They are robbing Pakistanis like anything.

Can you imagine a Toyota Corolla at Rs. 15,50000 without ABS, Auto windows, power locks, Alloys, Air bags etc etc.

Sadly all our governments have been complicit in this exploitation of Pakistani consumers.

Civic for 22 Lakhs :cry:, i bit my lip

I personally like the look of the Swift D'zire..
Apparently Suzuki is bringing in a new Mehran as well.

Or they'll just put some silver stickers on it and call it new.

to any Pakistani member how much does it takes to fit a CNG kit in your car & how much athourity takes to athourize it or give licence...kindly do reply Thanks.

In these days CNG kits are factory fitted.

And for conversion i think Kit is around PKR 40K and i think pocket is the authority no other license required.

Back
Top Bottom