What's new

Pak Suzuki stopping Alto 1000 manufacturing

Who cares Euro norms, make your own norms. India doesn't follow euro norms, rather we have our own norm/starndards Bharat I, II, III, and IV.
Bharat Stage uses Euro Emission Standards as reference( read copy & paste);)
CNG is not really the cleanest fuel(releases a lot of methane and nearly equal amount of CO2) around but it's better than petrol and diesel when you talk about the release of particulate matter.

Bharat Stage uses Euro Emission Standards as reference( read copy & paste);)
CNG is not really the cleanest fuel(releases a lot of methane and nearly equal amount of CO2) around but it's better than petrol and diesel when you talk about the release of particulate matter.

Wrong. Methane release is extremely small since the system uses closed loop fueling system and unlike the petrol system wherein always the petrol is evaporating into environment, the CNG system is completely closed and all the fuel goes to engine.

CO2 emissions are also less than 30% of the petrol since methane has the highest ratio of hydrogen to carbon among all other hydrocarbons which is 4 to 1 which means most of the exhaust is that of water vapors and alittle amount of CO2.

It is better to keep quite when one does not know what he is talking about.

It seems CNG conversion is cheaper in Pakistan. in India, I believe it will cost anything above
rupee_symbol_transp.gif

Whats the advantage of having a 1000 cc engine in a small car with no efi. Was never a fan of alto

It is better to keep quite when one does not know what he is talking about.
WoW O WoW.

Wrong. Methane release is extremely small since the system uses closed loop fueling system and unlike the petrol system wherein always the petrol is evaporating into environment, the CNG system is completely closed and all the fuel goes to engine.
CO2 emissions are also less than 30% of the petrol since methane has the highest ratio of hydrogen to carbon among all other hydrocarbons which is 4 to 1 which means most of the exhaust is that of water vapors and alittle amount of CO2.
One word Incomplete combustion fuel.
I can provide you a few links...try doing the same I wouldn't mind reading some research papers or vehicle testing reports debunking my myth(argument).
http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNACX796.pdf
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/pdfs/deer_2003/session5/deer_2003_lowell.pdf
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/avta/pdfs/afv/emissions_data/cng.pdf

Right now don't have access to my Library and RefWorks account so can't tell you about the exact title of paper/journal in which I read those things.

WoW O WoW.

One word Incomplete combustion fuel.
I can provide you a few links...try doing the same I wouldn't mind reading some research papers or vehicle testing reports debunking my myth(argument).
http://pdf.usaid.gov/pdf_docs/PNACX796.pdf
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/pdfs/deer_2003/session5/deer_2003_lowell.pdf
http://www1.eere.energy.gov/vehiclesandfuels/avta/pdfs/afv/emissions_data/cng.pdf

Right now don't have access to my Library and RefWorks account so can't tell you about the exact title of paper/journal in which I read those things.

Again I urge you to keep quite. Your sources do not say that the CNG engines emits any more unburnt CNG than gasoline engines emit petrol and other hydrocarbon vapors. So again you are on the side of err. All major environmentalist groups are urging nations to go CNG and you here are saying petrol engines are cleaner than CNG. It only means one thing. Your opinion do not matter.

Again I urge you to keep quite. Your sources do not say that the CNG engines emits any more unburnt CNG than gasoline engines emit petrol and other hydrocarbon vapors.
We are talking about Methane...to be exact!

So again you are on the side of err. All major environmentalist groups are urging nations to go CNG and you here are saying petrol engines are cleaner than CNG.
Bharat Stage uses Euro Emission Standards as reference( read copy & paste)
It only means one thing. Your opinion do not matter.
It only means RIF

Sorry! I tried to argue with you :cheesy:

Whats the advantage of having a 1000 cc engine in a small car with no efi. Was never a fan of alto

I think 800 cc engine is a bit of under powered compared to 1000cc engines but anyways 800cc have its own advantages like low fuel consumption and cost effective, I think 800 cc engine needs an early overhauling then a 1000cc engine and the later higher engine life. I personally drive a Maruti Suzuki Zen 2000 Model
1993_Maruti_Zen_001.jpg

11+ years and running like silk, single handed. Never had to visit the workshop for any engine related issue, engine still running strong and healthy like new, I don't think it would be the same if I had brought a 800cc car back then.

The reason is that car manufacturers in Pakistan are all foreign and are all from Japan and Korea, the so called far east. And they have ganged up to rob Pakistanis. They know that they can stop Alto production line and offer at the same price Mehran and people will have no other choice than to buy them. There is no competition in Pakistan when it comes to car manufacturing.
let us enter the market we will get a change good cars at low pricing

Pak Suzuki just introduced Suzuki Mehran with EFI engine, so why cant they do the same for Suzuki Alto. Alto was much better car than Mehran.

@airmarshal --- how can they let anything worthwhile run in pakistan ---- it has to shoddy, useless and involve lots of kickbacks to the looters and scumbags who run the place.........

Pakistani car market is literally owned by 3 giants. Toyota, Honda and Suzuki. They are robbing Pakistanis like anything.

Can you imagine a Toyota Corolla at Rs. 15,50000 without ABS, Auto windows, power locks, Alloys, Air bags etc etc.

Sadly all our governments have been complicit in this exploitation of Pakistani consumers.

I understand what you are saying but No Government regulations requiring any safety features isn't the MFG fault. They are in it to make Money and that's what they will do.

Pakistani car market is literally owned by 3 giants. Toyota, Honda and Suzuki. They are robbing Pakistanis like anything.

Can you imagine a Toyota Corolla at Rs. 15,50000 without ABS, Auto windows, power locks, Alloys, Air bags etc etc.

Sadly all our governments have been complicit in this exploitation of Pakistani consumers.

Does Pakistan have an FTA with Japan, also are Corolla manufactured in Pakistan?

Back
Top Bottom