What's new

Pak Suzuki stopping Alto 1000 manufacturing

No matter what but Pak needs to raise the standard of their cars. Such cars produced and bought for such ridiculous amount of money in Pakistan is just a big JOKE!

May be some of your domestic company should try and follow mahindra & mahindra's/Bajaj's footstep in domestic production.

Pakistani car market is literally owned by 3 giants. Toyota, Honda and Suzuki. They are robbing Pakistanis like anything.

Can you imagine a Toyota Corolla at Rs. 15,50000 without ABS, Auto windows, power locks, Alloys, Air bags etc etc.

Sadly all our governments have been complicit in this exploitation of Pakistani consumers.

On my recent trip to Pakistan, I went to PakSuzuki dealership and I was quite surprised by the high quality of their new Swift. Right from the paint job to interior finish, it did not look like a car made by PakSuzuki. But its expensive at Rs. 1.2 million! Although if you look around at all the other cars of same engine capacity, you get the most kit in Swift. So in relative terms, it was good value.

However, I agree completely. This auto industry is total monopoly and acts like a mafia. A good govt. will definitely revisit the auto policy.

On my recent trip to Pakistan, I went to PakSuzuki dealership and I was quite surprised by the high quality of their new Swift. Right from the paint job to interior finish, it did not look like a car made by PakSuzuki. But its expensive at Rs. 1.2 million! Although if you look around at all the other cars of same engine capacity, you get the most kit in Swift. So in relative terms, it was good value.

However, I agree completely. This auto industry is total monopoly and acts like a mafia. A good govt. will definitely revisit the auto policy.

Maruti suzuki costs from 4,50,000 to 6,90,000 rs in India.... If you spend one lack more you could get luxuries Interior.... 12,00,000 is very costllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..

Maruti suzuki costs from 4,50,000 to 6,90,000 rs in India.... If you spend one lack more you could get luxuries Interior.... 12,00,000 is very costllyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy..

Brother ur comparing INR with PKR here without conversion:woot:

Its comes around PKR 7,78,000 to 11,90,000 for INR 4,50,000 to 6,90,000

So, its almost the same if he was refering to the higher end model u r comparing but its would be really costly if it turnsout to be the lower end model(which might be the case):azn:

^^^actually its the swifts desiel higher variant that costs around INR 690000(PKR 1190000) but the petrol higher variant comes around INR 568000(PKR 1000000)

N if that was the lower variant then these guys r literally being looted as it comes around INR 450000 (PKR 778000) n all these r Bharat Stage III/IV variants :woot:

Note:-
Conversion rate INR : PKR taken at 55:95

We are stuck in EURO-II while the word is cross EURO-IV and EURO-V.
Btw, I thought Alta 1000 was more advanced than Cultus..so it should have a better engine..

Funny, the crap called mehran cost as much as a decent car in rest of the world with 100 times more gadgets and twice the mileage.

in India Alto is running on Bharat Stage III (EURO III) so i don't think there is any problem with launching a EURO II variant

Anyways Alto cost around INR 2.50 - 3.50 lac (PKR 4.30 - 6.00 lac) how much does it cost in Pakistan (n these r Bharat stage III variants)????

Brother ur comparing INR with PKR here without conversion:woot:

Its comes around PKR 7,78,000 to 11,90,000 for INR 4,50,000 to 6,90,000

So, its almost the same if he was refering to the higher end model u r comparing but its would be really costly if it turnsout to be the lower end model(which might be the case):azn:

few years back petrol engine car were less expansive compare to diesel

bt here diesel is about 15rs more expansive than petrol

hence patrol variant are now expansive over here

in india diesel cost less hence diesel car are expansive

we need a domestic automobile manufacturer

sadly the adam motors are no more

bt i dnt knw why people like mansha are nt investing in domestic automobile company such as mahindra in india

in India Alto is running on Bharat Stage III (EURO III) so i don't think there is any problem with launching a EURO II variant

Anyways Alto cost around INR 2.50 - 3.50 lac (PKR 4.30 - 6.00 lac) how much does it cost in Pakistan (n these r Bharat stage III variants)????

In Pakistan, Alto before being discontinued costs PKR 820,000. And that was a very old 1000c engine. No fuel injection. Thats why in the previous post I said auto industry is a mafia in Pakistan and a good, sensible govt. will definitely look into auto policy to open to more competitors.

In Pakistan, Alto before being discontinued costs PKR 820,000. And that was a very old 1000c engine. No fuel injection. Thats why in the previous post I said auto industry is a mafia in Pakistan and a good, sensible govt. will definitely look into auto policy to open to more competitors.

Thats too much dude:woot:

Anyways but do japs manufacture these cars in pakistan as they do in India or they just assemble them...

I m asking this bcoz if they manufacture them then atleast some know how would have been transfered to locals n the supporting industries also get a boost but if they only assemble them then pakistan govt should allow duty free import on cars atleast consumers will get them at lower price...:undecided:

Pakistan should allow Tata sales i the country...
Tata nano is needed....

This is a good point. Actually allowing Nano imports will make a big psychological impact for peace. Which is precisely why it will not be allowed by Pak military and non-state actors!

The 2012 Nano is quite impressive, fuel economy 25 kmpl, 38 HP engine, a powerful AC and an SUV-like ground clearance -

tata-nano1.jpg

Cost is about 2.7 lakh Pak rupees.

This is a good point. Actually allowing Nano imports will make a big psychological impact for peace. Which is precisely why it will not be allowed by Pak military and non-state actors!

The 2012 Nano is quite impressive, fuel economy 25 kmpl, 38 HP engine, and an SUV-like ground clearance -

tata-nano1.jpg

That thing is a ghastly shame of auto industry.

HondaInsight.jpg

The Japanese made this in 1997 and is a fully functional car with AC and safety features @ 25km/Liter. Someone should buy the tech + tooling and start mass manufacturing in Pakistan.

Back
Top Bottom