What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Oh come on, the base houses a large radar, probably the TPS-77, so clearly it is not a remote outpost, to be used sparingly.
That being said, given that Rajanpur would require a upgrade, it would be more economical to make room at Rafiqui for J-10s.
As far as my knowledge is concerned and being from that area, I have said what I know..

I am not so sure if F-16 saga is over yet. whether or not we can get any more of them is a separate debate.
J10 is indeed a tentative first step towards it.
how well it really and honestly covers for everything F1-6 offers (and some) depends on what its users say without being politically correct or pressured to say the "right" and "halal" thing only. and that will take its time.

for me J-20 is that shoe box without proportions , tiny wings and a showbox fuselage with tiny canards and disproportionate wings. despite all this that thing flies which is something.
the bulge on the J10 doesnt bother me.
which brings me to the conclusion that the beauty (or lack of it ) is in the eye of the beholder.

I’m getting the feeling from your post that J-20 isn’t what’s it’s meant to be?

I’m getting the feeling from your post that J-20 isn’t what’s it’s meant to be?
who knows.
my aviation knowledge is less than the news caster on ARY or Geo News. my commentary is based purely on cosmetics and simple understanding of geometrical aesthetics. it might be a Star Trek grade jet underneath its shell but its just a speculation and thats not what I am talking about anyway.

J10 on the other hand, displays the capability through its outlook and its flight display. externally , everything about it from its nose cone to the back burner of its jet suggests good craftsmanship, agility and performance. (I am of the school which says that if it looks good it will fly good).

Yes. Ideally 18 airframes per sqn. But sometimes there are variances. No 2 sqn was expanded to have more aircraft due to its expanded area of ops incl. maritime duties.
If Minhasians are solely responsible for seaward ops, what do the Phoenixs do??

God i would not mind being an american slave if we get f16 blk70s in exchange /s

2 factors owned MKI. Long range BVR missile on F-16 and Lack of long range BVR on MKI. The Unauthorized missile fired on MKI by W.C Siddiqui did expose the myth of MKI. But in doing so, IAF has bough long range sticks as well. So Next time, both will be firing Long range sticks at each other and the Best quality manufacturer will win.
Thing is AWACS, EW Planes will play bigger role as compared to BVR and fighter jets.

I am not so sure if F-16 saga is over yet. whether or not we can get any more of them is a separate debate.
J10 is indeed a tentative first step towards it.
how well it really and honestly covers for everything F1-6 offers (and some) depends on what its users say without being politically correct or pressured to say the "right" and "halal" thing only. and that will take its time.

for me J-20 is that shoe box without proportions , tiny wings and a showbox fuselage with tiny canards and disproportionate wings. despite all this that thing flies which is something.
the bulge on the J10 doesnt bother me.
which brings me to the conclusion that the beauty (or lack of it ) is in the eye of the beholder.
Hi,

The F-16 saga should not be over for a decade at the minimum. What is it---a close to 100 4th gen aircraft---about 300 frontline pilots and numerous support and technical staff trained for it---countless weapons---.

You just don't dispose dispose of your functional equipment just like that.
The F-15 is a monster on a whole different level. Give a competent pilot that plane alone, and he will wreck any air force.

Hi,

The F15 is a missile truck now that would compliment the F35's and F22's.

Otherwise---with this much load---it would not be a too difficult target for a modern 4.5 gen aircraft.

Hi,

The F-16 saga should not be over for a decade at the minimum. What is it---a close to 100 4th gen aircraft---about 300 frontline pilots and numerous support and technical staff trained for it---countless weapons---.

You just don't dispose dispose of your functional equipment just like that.

Hi,

The F15 is a missile truck now that would compliment the F35's and F22's.

Otherwise---with this much load---it would not be a too difficult target for a modern 4.5 gen aircraft.
75 f16 not 100

So, how would PAF manage training of younger pilots w/o a dual seater?? I can understand PAF seeking to go the JF-17 route , and rely more on simulators, but this is a far more advanced warbird...

So, how would PAF manage training of younger pilots w/o a dual seater?? I can understand PAF seeking to go the JF-17 route , and rely more on simulators, but this is a far more advanced warbird...

Ideally you need L-15, but I guess JF-17 twin seater or F-16 twin seater could suffice. Going from K-8 directly to J-10C will be challenging.

Back
Top Bottom