What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

No, they could not - at least we have not seen a single image nor a hint it could.

We have seen no AAM on any of the 5 belly stations since the prototype testing phase and now you claim it could, without any hint?

So again, it‘s your duty to explain why it should be able.
Seriously man, you need to take chill pill.

i am not nawaz sharif to provide proof.

I am just saying this is possible, there is not a reason to say not happening, Is it happening? will only be proven once it happens and there is a picture proof.

Seriously man, you need to take chill pill.

i am not nawaz sharif to provide proof.

I am just saying this is possible, there is not a reason to say not happening, Is it happening? will only be proven once it happens and there is a picture proof.

No, in case you accept taht no-one takes you seriously, you need to argue! I know, I cannot force you to explain but your claim is ridiculous: There are 5 belly stations - two under the intake, two ion the rear and the centreline station - and on NONE we have seen an AAM so far, the rear-most ones are anyway rarely used, the front ones cannot hold AAMs due to the reasons already given so often and since they conflict with the fins especially of the PL-12/-12 and the centreline is only for a fuel tank.

So why and how on earth could there be an AAM? ... but ok, insist on this BS and it's fine. It is not my reputation under discussion.

Because it's in middle of nowhere. Req water, power, gas, security, basic emanitites and not to mention on border of Balochistan with looming threat of terrorists.
Oh come on, the base houses a large radar, probably the TPS-77, so clearly it is not a remote outpost, to be used sparingly.
That being said, given that Rajanpur would require a upgrade, it would be more economical to make room at Rafiqui for J-10s.

Last edited:
Then why this base is nonoperational and kept it as obsolete?
There are many bases like these. They are only made operational during a war type situation. Others include Nawabshah, Multan, Sukkur, Faisalabad. They are not the sparse forward air bases of the old days but have all the bells and whistles including radars and underground bunkers with protection against NBC. It is expensive to run an operational airbase.

Because it's in middle of nowhere. Req water, power, gas, security, basic emanitites and not to mention on border of Balochistan with looming threat of terrorists.
Water is not an issue, it is right next to a canal. In fact the canal also serves as a barrier to the west.

Not true. This is an assumption but not a valid reason. Have you seen pl10 on j20 ?

Pl12 and pl15 was said as an example .. they could be carried under the belly.

We just ascertaining the possibility of pl10 on air intake HP
Hi,

Most don't understand---there is a reason Paf went for the J-10 C's---. The first priority is that of assimilation of the current aircraft---the current technology and current weapons---and that is the focus of training for the current pilots and techs.

While they are doing that---the second priority running in parallel to the first priority are certain changes that would be coming in the future J-10C's regarding certain weapons and weapon load out as well the electronics---.

Just look at the newer F15 eagle---just check out the missile loadout on that aircraft. New missile racks will do wonders.

Hi,

Most don't understand---there is a reason Paf went for the J-10 C's---. The first priority is that of assimilation of the current aircraft---the current technology and current weapons---and that is the focus of training for the current pilots and techs.

While they are doing that---the second priority running in parallel to the first priority are certain changes that would be coming in the future J-10C's regarding certain weapons and weapon load out as well the electronics---.

Just look at the newer F15 eagle---just check out the missile loadout on that aircraft. New missile racks will do wonders.

The F-15 is a monster on a whole different level. Give a competent pilot that plane alone, and he will wreck any air force.

Hi,

Exactly

No, in case you accept taht no-one takes you seriously, you need to argue! I know, I cannot force you to explain but your claim is ridiculous: There are 5 belly stations - two under the intake, two ion the rear and the centreline station - and on NONE we have seen an AAM so far, the rear-most ones are anyway rarely used, the front ones cannot hold AAMs due to the reasons already given so often and since they conflict with the fins especially of the PL-12/-12 and the centreline is only for a fuel tank.

So why and how on earth could there be an AAM? ... but ok, insist on this BS and it's fine. It is not my reputation under discussion.
What ever bro...

two runways and non operational ... interesting
with all infrastructure in place and available for use?may be in the near future it would be turned into a regular operational base as per requirements of the time to accommodate and nest new birds .

Last edited:
Considering it partially ended the F-16 saga for the PAF, its a decent plane all things considered.
I am not so sure if F-16 saga is over yet. whether or not we can get any more of them is a separate debate.
J10 is indeed a tentative first step towards it.
how well it really and honestly covers for everything F1-6 offers (and some) depends on what its users say without being politically correct or pressured to say the "right" and "halal" thing only. and that will take its time.

I've never liked the hunch back bulge of the J-10, makes it look squat and disproportioned, unlike the clean lines of the Viper. An outcome of having to adapt the AL-31 series engines for a single engine fighter design.
for me J-20 is that shoe box without proportions , tiny wings and a showbox fuselage with tiny canards and disproportionate wings. despite all this that thing flies which is something.
the bulge on the J10 doesnt bother me.
which brings me to the conclusion that the beauty (or lack of it ) is in the eye of the beholder.

I am not so sure if F-16 saga is over yet. whether or not we can get any more of them is a separate debate.
J10 is indeed a tentative first step towards it.
how well it really and honestly covers for everything F1-6 offers (and some) depends on what its users say without being politically correct or pressured to say the "right" and "halal" thing only. and that will take its time.

for me J-20 is that shoe box without proportions , tiny wings and a showbox fuselage with tiny canards and disproportionate wings. despite all this that thing flies which is something.
the bulge on the J10 doesnt bother me.
which brings me to the conclusion that the beauty (or lack of it ) is in the eye of the beholder.
Other than that whether F-16s are offered to pakistan or not (used or new) About 13 Gunships are ready and waiting to be shipped to pakistan since long time resting in store house and that should be one of our priorities to manage this new love affair with US to get them out of her stomach where they are actually rotting with the every passing day.my humble opinion.

Last edited:
two runways and non operational ... interesting
I think it is the term “operational”, which is confusing the folks. Not being operational does not mean that the bases is not usable but rather that no squadrons are permanently based there.

Back
Top Bottom