What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Ideally you need L-15, but I guess JF-17 twin seater or F-16 twin seater could suffice. Going from K-8 directly to J-10C will be challenging.
Probably won't happen. PAF is opposed to the idea of a LIFT. The initial batch has already been trained in China, and the ones to qualify in the near future would most likely be experienced Viper jocks, much like how we built up the Thunder jock pool. May be after some time, when fleet size inflates, and specialized two seater versions are required, it could be procured. And serve as trainer as well...

So, how would PAF manage training of younger pilots w/o a dual seater?? I can understand PAF seeking to go the JF-17 route , and rely more on simulators, but this is a far more advanced warbird...
they will take their time to realize . take the JF17B timeline as a guide. they (PAF leadership) suffer from the same ailment which afflicts all Pakistanis when they suffer power and that ailment is ego, self falicio and dismissal of logic .what PAF has achieved so far and will achieve in future is purely due to Divine intervention.

they will take their time to realize . take the JF17B timeline as a guide. they (PAF leadership) suffer from the same ailment which afflicts all Pakistanis when they suffer power and that ailment is ego, self falicio and dismissal of logic .what PAF has achieved so far and will achieve in future is purely due to Divine intervention.
If that's the case, how come the disproportionate number of F-16B/D in the fleet?

So, how would PAF manage training of younger pilots w/o a dual seater?? I can understand PAF seeking to go the JF-17 route , and rely more on simulators, but this is a far more advanced warbird...
Hi,

Looks like that top tier pilots would transition to the J10's as it is done in the USAF. So---that is not a big deal.

Why would you want to put your "younger" pilots into your tier 1 machine.

Nowhere in the world air forces younger pilots are put into tier 1 machines---. They all have to go thru Tiers 4, 3 ,2---and then maybe 1.

The PAF had a LIFT requirement back in 2017-2018. For now, the PAF is running the LIFT role through the JF-17B, but the plan originally was to acquire a dedicated platform like the L-15. However, the PAF likely shelved the LIFT to dedicate resources toward the new fighter (i.e., J-10CE). It's possible that once the J-10CE program matures, the PAF will revisit the LIFT.

The PAF had a LIFT requirement back in 2017-2018. For now, the PAF is running the LIFT role through the JF-17B, but the plan originally was to acquire a dedicated platform like the L-15. However, the PAF likely shelved the LIFT to dedicate resources toward the new fighter (i.e., J-10CE). It's possible that once the J-10CE program matures, the PAF will revisit the LIFT.
JF-17B should be able to fulfill the task quite well in the future too.

DRAGON FROM THE EAST
J-10CP -- A Premium Asset & as Force multiplier indeed

"J-10Cs – also referred to as the Firebird or Vigorous Dragon The Canard Delta Single engine Medium Weight category J-10CE – are now the PAF’s most advanced platform, Generation 4.5 fighters considered a counter to India’s Dassault Rafale. It will join other PAF platforms like the JF-17 Block 3 (another China-origin jet) and F-16.

Some of the fighter’s most notable features are the presence of the powerful AESA radar, reduced radar cross-section, and availability of the highly long-ranged AESA-guided PL-15 air-to-air missile. J-10CE is the Pakistan Air Force’s first IRST-equipped aircraft. These capabilities mean J-10C can take on any modern fighter jet in VWR HOBS Knife Fight or getting upper hand in Long Shot capability for PAF in a "Informatised Network centric" environment with Thunders and ZDK-03. J-10 has already performed well in its encounters against Flankers in China, Gripen-C in Thailand and credubly well in Shaheen Exercises in Pakistan.

For enhanced maneuverability, the J-10 has a wide delta wing and two canards behind the cockpit. The J-10C variant is believed to be powered by the locally produced WS-10 Taihang engine.

PAFs endeavor
to turn J-10CP Potential into a Maritime Strike Fighter with Long range Anti Ship Weapons means the initial quantities of 25 would easily be surpassed to a 60 - 90 figure in total which PAF always keeps on focus when it plans for a Platform induction. PAF would be certain to obtain all the advancements which Chinese employ over next decade in thier J-10Cs since the fighter jet is in production run in china, "

--------------------------------------------------------------

1664367757198.png

1664339757539.png

1664339799721.png

1664339166487.png

1664338697941.png

Last edited:
May be I am wrong but for what I know to be a 4.5 gen fighter it should have supercruise capability. If so can j10c do supercruise?

Back
Top Bottom