What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

@Deino Do these have a Chinese engine?

Yes !

1664367101069.png

No they can’t without an afterburner.

Only F22 has demonstrated supersonic cruising ability. I heard J20 has recently achieved this milestone with the new engines but not sure. Rafale, J10C are not 5th-generation and they are not subject to this supercruising milepost test. However, F35 was designed as a 5th-gen and how come it can't supercruise? Should it be marketed as a 5th-gen? Perhaps the US military no longer considers supercruising a critical ability and distinguishing criteria for 5th-gen?

Only F22 has demonstrated supersonic cruising ability. I heard J20 has recently achieved this milestone with the new engines but not sure. Rafale, J10C are not 5th-generation and they are not subject to this supercruising milepost test. However, F35 was designed as a 5th-gen and how come it can't supercruise? Should it be marketed as a 5th-gen? Perhaps the US military no longer considers supercruising a critical ability and distinguishing criteria for 5th-gen?
Hi,

Super cruise is more of a " i got it thing ". Most f the aircraft that can go super cruise---it is for a very short time.

I bet any fighter can "super cruise" in a clean config with less than half internal fuel and flying nose down letting gravity do it's thing. But as mentioned only F-22 has the actual capability to do so in any meaningful way in a course of an a-a mission

Back
Top Bottom