What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Hi,

For those who have not seen this---Iranian F14 with modified Hawk missile

“I had eight aerial kills with the Phoenix missile, two kills with the Vulcan M61A gun, and one kill with the MIM-23 Hawk missile at what we ended up using on our fleet of F-14 jets due to severe missile shortages in late stages of the conflict,” Col. (rtd) Fereydoun A. Mazandarani, former IRIAF F-14 Tomcat Pilot.

Hearing news that the order has been increased from. 36 to 60
Pakistan purchasing 60 J-10C....

View attachment 881160
60 means 4 squadrons, 15 birds each.
If it comes to fruition, then which other base would house the additional birds?? All 60 can't be stuffed at Kamra...I believe Rajanpur is ideally placed, dead center of Pakistan, to be made an operational base, and house J-10s.

If it comes to fruition, then which other base would house the additional birds?? All 60 can't be stuffed at Kamra...I believe Rajanpur is ideally placed, dead center of Pakistan, to be made an operational base, and house J-10s.
Are there not 18 fighters in a PAF squadron?

,,, even PL15 or PL12 could be mounted under the belly. ,,,?

In fact plain and simple; NO!
No PL12 or PL15 could be carried under the belly.

Hi,

For those who have not seen this---Iranian F14 with modified Hawk missile

But that‘s totally irrelevant. These Hawks were just carried on the same wing pylons like previously the AIM-7/9 and -54! As such nothing new.

In contrast we have so far never seen an AAM on these intake pylons and at least all Chinese sources I rate credible say, it simply is not rated for AAMs.

Simply a Beauty......

1663706387969.png

Are there not 18 fighters in a PAF squadron?
Yes. Ideally 18 airframes per sqn. But sometimes there are variances. No 2 sqn was expanded to have more aircraft due to its expanded area of ops incl. maritime duties.

It needs to slide off the launch rail though, not dropped. The engine will choke if it gets fired from the belly position.
Not true. This is an assumption but not a valid reason. Have you seen pl10 on j20 ?

In fact plain and simple; NO!
No PL12 or PL15 could be carried under the belly.

Pl12 and pl15 was said as an example .. they could be carried under the belly.

We just ascertaining the possibility of pl10 on air intake HP

Not true. This is an assumption but not a valid reason. Have you seen pl10 on j20 ?

We just ascertaining the possibility of pl10 on air intake HP

PL-10 on J-20 slides off the rail.

1663717939458.jpeg

You can mount BVR missiles on the belly hardpoints from a purely technical point of view. However, the process requires rewriting the cables and is very time consuming, definitely not worth the effort.

….

No, they could not - at least we have not seen a single image nor a hint it could.

We have seen no AAM on any of the 5 belly stations since the prototype testing phase and now you claim it could, without any hint?

So again, it‘s your duty to explain why it should be able.

Last edited:
Except for housing and maintenance hangers, Rajanpur has all the infrastructure for an operational base including underground command and control center.

Back
Top Bottom