What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Evolution of Jet Engine fuel control system from hydro mechanical to digital is something worth discussing. FCU to UFC (F-100 engine), supported by EEC then DEEC. Now we have FADEC (Full Authority Digital Engine Control) installed on latest RD-93/33 and WS-10 engines.

Extent of ToT PAF to acquire from the manufacturers is the interesting subject which may be addressed.

In my opinion. PAC PAF will negotiate for ToT which will include complete overhauling facility consisting of test rig(s) and other overhauling tools and equipment. Training of manpower to conduct such maintenance will also be the part of ToT.

Though this type of facility will provide insight knowledge of FADEC technology but it will not be enough to establish independent facility to design and manufacture such sophisticated components. However, it can be a stepping stone for further advancement.

I am not sure if PAC PAF already have overhauling facility for BARK 93 or otherwise. However, JF-17 engine smoke problem addressed in the past indicates our engineers were able to tweak the fuel control system. How? Needs some reliable info.

PS: Any ToT from non-western country is not simple. Language is the biggest issue. Russians and Chinese tech manuals are not like US and other western countries' tech manuals. Language, technical terms, symbols and abbreviations some or most of the times do not match with western standards.

PAC tech teams acquiring such knowledge have to exert lot of efforts to prepare these tech manuals at par of PAF standards. @messiach

I think by now PAF will be having personal proficient in Mandarin and Cantonese languages, we have been working with China for ages now.

free wash comes with oil change, they are spanking new.

also can we smash a mango at the face of the fighter when it arrives? rajnath did a coconut.
Mango is a better option.
Imagine Aamir bhai telling to a J10 pilot.
download.jpeg

free wash comes with oil change, they are spanking new.

also can we smash a mango at the face of the fighter when it arrives? rajnath did a coconut.
The coconut dent cost them one million dollars & they charged it to special Hindutva budget. They could have used a mango, but rituals are not to be messed with, I suppose.

What should we do? I think we should have a mango party - 4 months later when Chaunsa hits the market.

Last edited:
When deploying aircraft overseas and to airspaces where air crews are not fully acclimatized, it is quite possible that visiting aircraft would not go on sorties in rough weather. It is a matter of risk when flying overseas because in adverse weather, you may have to rely on instrumentation and that too in an unknown air space, as such it is more risk than necessary. Secondly, on deployments like Red Flag, there are sufficient days built into the exercise to cover for sorties lost to adverse weather etc. Why then put the crews in a tight situation?

However, when home-side, flying only in "fair weather" only isn't the norm. As an example, flight operations out of PAF base Qadri (Skardu) have to be conducted quite frequently in over-cast, rainy weather.
This "fair weather" exercise comment was quoted by a PAF Viper driver that had attended Red Flag in 2016. Everyone else flew during those demanding weather days, PAF didn't. Similarly in 2008, the IAF did the same with their Su-30MKIs

The coconut dent cost them one million dollars & they charged it to special Hindutva budget. They could have used a mango, but rituals are not to be messed with in a Hindu Rashtra, I suppose.

What should we do? I think we should have a mango party - 4 months later when Chaunsa hits the market.

that's a good idea even a bit earlier with sindhri would be good.

Will they land in this century or not ? Now it is getting funny now. We need them in Pakistan

Back
Top Bottom