What's new

PAF J-10C News, Updates and Discussion

Nope it is not as simple as that.

1. France brought out a look-down shoot-down radar in the 1980s.
It took China till the 2000s to do the same.

2. Rafale came out with a PESA in 1999 and the Chinese had to wait around 10 years later to do the same.

All those Chinese nationalists and some Pakistani fanboys forget that France does not have to make the T/R modules for the AESA as they have access to them off the shelf. France just does the integration of both the hardware and the software.

So you agree with me then dude?

My original post said that the J-10C was roughly comparable to the Rafale.

While the J-10C may be slightly behind in electronics and missiles, it definitely would be better than Rafale in high-altitude aerodynamic performance. It is quite likely that the J-10C would have the edge in BVR duels with the Rafale.
China was poorer then pakistan in 1980
So its obvious it took china to do everything after 2000s

If we go by this logiv then britain should have the most superior tech even better then usa in 1950s since british were the first to do everything
Or germans should have best tech since they did everything first

But this isnt true

In real world people can catch up

What matters is R&D and manfacturing power house

In reality only two countries have that caapcity

China and USA

Do you seriously think that Rafale is not a good aircraft?

Both India and Indonesia have brough it and nearly 300 have been sold abroad. It is not just Arabs that have brought the plane.

With Western nations you forget that they share technology and so a lot of US technology does make it's way into the hands of other Western nations.

With China they pretty much are on their own and so harder for them.
There are only two other AESA options in medium categery

J10 not availble to anyone
&
F16b70 with complex poltical strings

Typhoon and others dont have a good AESA yet

So rafale has no competition..when it did had competition it lost everytime to americans

China got huge exposure in 1980s & 1990s
Evem till date they had exposure to isreali and russian tech

But this is valid point that they have low collabrative work

But so do french..americans or europeans dont share their stuff among each other this is wrong assumption

But is this confirmed? And even more the Su-35 does ot use an AL-31F, it's using a vastly different TVC variant based on the AL-31 called the 117S or AL-41F1S. And Russia NEVER will give Pakistan ToT for an engine it did not get from Russian but from China ... unless they agreed.
I genuinely doubt PAF would opt for Su-35, even if they were getting it for free.

Very interesting. Coincidentally, this article published today claims that:

“a lightweight fifth generation fighter with a single engine configuration, possibly using the same engine that in twin configuration powers the FC-31, is reportedly also under development to serve as a successor to the JF-17 on export markets with the Pakistani Air Force expected to be its primary client.”

Could this be what you are referring to?

Source: Single engine 5th gen successor to JF-17
What it would be able to carry in it's internal weapons bay? Couple of dozen eggs!

In coming months and years you would see these articles appearing in Indian media

1. Pakistani J10s grounded due to poor safety and flying performance
2. Pakistan not happy with Chinese J10
3. Pakistan thinking to buy new platform due to poor performance of Chinese J10

etc etc

Be ready for such articles in near future
You missed one thing. Chinese engines regularly exploding in Pakistani J-10s mid air 😜. Engines are dead after 3 flight hours. 🤣🤣

66C075D6-6C72-4C58-B91F-C6D6B0A6298A.jpeg

Not going into specifics, but given the upcoming Turkish-Pakistani 5 gen jet, engine TOT from Russia is very much possible.

Care to explain, why Russia and not much more likely China? Do you really think a Russian engine will find its way into a Turkish-Pakistani joint development when in parallel the Pakistani AF is using Chinese engines in its later fighter acquisition and Turkey as a NATO member in any way won't ever get a Russian engine?

Care to explain, why Russia and not much more likely China? Do you really think a Russian engine will find its way into a Turkish-Pakistani joint development when in parallel the Pakistani AF is using Chinese engines in its later fighter acquisition and Turkey as a NATO member in any way won't ever get a Russian engine?
The PAF says it wants an ITAR-free solution. However, I'll bet that the PAF will try its luck/fate and ask the US for the GE F110. It's a good engine; proven, cost-effective, and will power the initial TFX blocks. It seems far-fetched today, but you never know. If Pakistan's ties with America do ebb and flow, the next ebb (i.e., where ITAR engines can be on the table) could happen 10 years from now.

The PAF says it wants an ITAR-free solution. However, I'll bet that the PAF will try its luck/fate and ask the US for the GE F110. It's a good engine; proven, cost-effective, and will power the initial TFX blocks. It seems far-fetched today, but you never know. If Pakistan's ties with America do ebb and flow, the next ebb (i.e., where ITAR engines can be on the table) could happen 10 years from now.

Bro the dichotomy of US/China interests will become more pronounced going forwards.

Pakistan is a Chinese ally if there ever was one in the current situation.

I wouldn't bank on ANYTHING from the US at this point.

And even if you do get something, I would see that as a a sort of trojan horse to Pakistani interests.

Shifts in world alignment have been accelerated by the Ukraine situation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom