What's new

PAF inaugurates new operational air base at Bholari near Karachi

Fine.

Masroor based Mirages carry AM-39 Exocet's, but those are ageing aircraft. The required infrastructure is already in place (at Masroor).

Regarding CAS, JF-17 was integrated with AselPOD EO/IR targeting system and laser & GPS/INS guided bombs for precision strike. Are Mirages equally capable?

Having a JF-17 squadron stationed there as well.

ROSE Mirages are still potent strike birds and with F-16 cover can rack havoc on attacking enemy even at night.

Mirages are still good with Exocet as they may not be used against IN fleet far from coast, they will do good in coastal defense role.

19 sqn is permanently there maybe 6th sqn of JFT and we are missing one this that AD assets will also be there.

And 19 is there btw I feel for 19 sqn men first from MM Alam to Musaf and then to Bholari :D
@Bilal Khan (Quwa) see this and correct ur last sentence in article
https://quwa.org/2017/12/25/pakistan-air-force-inaugurates-new-air-base-paf-bholari/

Is the info about 19 on the sqn official or fan provided , it states 16 Jordanian while
Paf official history states 13 Ac acquired from Jordan while the above info states 16 Ac acquired from Jordan , also it states tai mlu in future ??

Does not look Authentic paf sqn info as I have seen for Some other sqn ??

Last edited:
Is the info about 19 on the sqn official or fan provided , it states 16 Jordanian while
Paf offocial history states 13 Ac acquired also it states tai mlu in future ??
I think this type of info is usually official and 16 - 13 difference ur r right that 13 were acquired but maybe the rest of 3 were arranged from other sqn's to make up the number.

F-16 of 19 sqn armed with lgb using older French pods plus agm_65b Agm for ground attack along with dumb bombs the only diff is it has no atg night attack capability because older French pods are daylight only but like older mirages and pg can deliver via buddy lasing for night example ground based or c-130 or even block 52, jf etc

May be brought to f-16 am of mlu will add newer sniper pod plus other capability

It’s air to air is good enough to carry aim-120s but the radar is older version compared to v9 of rest of the fleet

F-16 of 19 sqn armed with lgb using older French pods plus agm_65b Agm for ground attack along with dumb bombs the only diff is it has no atg night attack capability because older French pods are daylight only but like older mirages and pg can deliver via buddy lasing for night example ground based or c-130 or even block 52, jf etc

May be brought to f-16 am of mlu will add newer sniper pod plus other capability

It’s air to air is good enough to carry aim-120s but the radar is older version compared to v9 of rest of the fleet
they will be upgraded to AM/BM.

Indians having to threaten us by saying the US will attack us just shows how much times have changed. India can no longer threaten us directly, so has to resort to roundabout methods.

The US people have no appetite for a war with North Korea, let alone Pakistan, so Indians can keep dreaming, but we will keep existing (And beating them at Cricket)
And we will beat in hockey, squash, Kabadi, Wrestling, etc

And we will beat in hockey, squash, Kabadi, Wrestling, etc
I forgot to mention we beat in education too: youngest record GCSE and A'level record older , youngest MCSEs etc.

It was reported by Alan Warnes (here) that a 6th unit is coming up soon.

In an article, S M Hali noted that Bholari will provide 'air support to maritime operations'. That does indicate AShM capability which PAF F-16's don't have.

PAF also displayed these pics in 2015.

ptv_dec9c.jpg

It didn't confuse me anytime.
That 6th sqn will be stationed at Samungli..

Fine.

Masroor based Mirages carry AM-39 Exocet's, but those are ageing aircraft. The required infrastructure is already in place (at Masroor).

Regarding CAS, JF-17 was integrated with AselPOD EO/IR targeting system and laser & GPS/INS guided bombs for precision strike. Are Mirages equally capable?

Masroor based mirages are the best among PAF's mirage fleet..

Having a JF-17 squadron stationed there as well

A JF17 sqn is already stationed at Masroor...

That 6th sqn will be stationed at Samungli..

Are you suggesting that a F-7PG squadron will be re-equipped or new squadron raised?

Some years ago, there was a magazine interview of a PAF official (can't find it now). He said that PAF will replace F-7P first, then Mirages (non-ROSE) and the F-7PG in the end.

No. 18 squadron being OCU may continue to operate FT-7P for longer time (Alan Warnes said PAF will use those aircraft as LIFT in future).

Masroor based mirages are the best among PAF's mirage fleet..

ROSE - yes, the rest - no.

Masroor based Mirage 5's use AM-39 Exocet AShM which has much smaller range as compared to the C-802AK or CM-400AKG (on JF-17s).

Look at this old article.

iCXnNO7.png

A JF17 sqn is already stationed at Masroor...

There are 2 JF-17 squadrons at Minhas and 2 F-16 squadrons at Mushaf. So?

Mirages are still good with Exocet as they may not be used against IN fleet far from coast, they will do good in coastal defense role.

See above.

I recall that even PN purchased AGM-84/UGM-84 Harpoon missiles over more of those AM39/SM39 Exocet's for obvious reasons.

The Government of Pakistan has requested a possible sale of 50 UGM-84L (submarine-launched), 50 RGM-84L (surface-launched), and 30 AGM-84L (air-launched) Block II Harpoon missiles; 5 Encapsulated Harpoon Command Launch Systems; 115 containers; missile modifications; training devices; spare and repair parts; technical support; support equipment; personnel training and training equipment; technical data and publications; U.S. Government and contractor engineering and logistics support services; and other related elements of logistics support. The estimated cost is $370 million.

http://www.defense-aerospace.com/ar...-$370m-deal-for-harpoon-missiles-(jun-2).html

If the new base will provide support to Army and Navy then only logical choice would be a squadron of JF-17 or Mirage stationed there.

Looks like PAF is trying to give more air cover to Southern Command with another F-16 squadron

If the new base will provide support to Army and Navy then only logical choice would be a squadron of JF-17 or Mirage stationed there.

Looks like PAF is trying to give more air cover to Southern Command with another F-16 squadron
Masroor Base has been used to support and cover Navy operations, Mirages were used and now JF17 etc. Masroor had BBU (6014) for same purpose also. Badin had air defence stations. what i feel is PAF need more air Power in the region, but current based can not be expanded because they are tightly squeezed by Civilian population, hence Bholari in outskirts (Dont know how populated it is) . new base is not too far away from older once hence not improving any response time to counter threats from Indian border.

Masroor Base has been used to support and cover Navy operations, Mirages were used and now JF17 etc. Masroor had BBU (6014) for same purpose also. Badin had air defence stations. what i feel is PAF need more air Power in the region, but current based can not be expanded because they are tightly squeezed by Civilian population, hence Bholari in outskirts (Dont know how populated it is) . new base is not too far away from older once hence not improving any response time to counter threats from Indian border.
Sir they are well apart from each other. 170 km apart. Close to 4 hours drive

OK, I was just thinking about how this 170KM will make a difference for fighter jet, based on that i stated what i stated. I could be wrong.
If we look at the gap between Shahbaz and Masroor then it will make a big difference when intercepting any intruder from India.

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) formally inaugurated its newly built main operating base (MOB), PAF Bholari near Karachi.

The strategic air base will enhance defense of the coast of Karachi and will assist Pakistan Army ground operations and Pakistan Navy naval operations in the region. It will also provide air defense for China Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC) and maritime operations.

Back
Top Bottom