What's new

PAF Chief flies the Typhoon

Chinese jets are not Junk

If Pakistan was Fed up With Chinese we wouldn't have gone for 8 Subs 6 Patrol Boats and JF-17 Block III or Shown Interest in J-31... One Airforce can't have just 2 type of Aircraft in their Inventory ... If India can buy different types of Jets why can't we? And the News is About ACM Sohail Flew Typhoon not showing interest in Buying or signing a deal to buy...

if ur defence budget is 40 billion u sure will not go for chinese junk

the current ACM has said that PAF was looking at various options in both East and West.
He said that they're looking for a Next Generation fighter. EF-2000 hardly qualifies for a 5th Generation fighter.

The SU-35 looks good dancing around in the sky but how effective are these manoeuvres in a shooting war is open to question..... wonder if PAF does actually need such a large platform. ???

But we don't need these As PAF shoot Down Typhoon to 3-0 in exercise... and the plane is also too much expensive...

if ur defence budget is 40 billion u sure will not go for chinese junk

LOL oh my friend our Defence budget is low i know but still we signed deals cost 5 billion dollars for subs and 1 billion for 15 Heli + global cutters 300 t-99 tanks etc etc ... you don;t give payment in just one day but in different interval of time and in years so we can afford much thing you can imagine

euro fighter is a great plane. F16 can not mess with it. Only rafale and Su30 and above series can mess it. Su 35 and MKI can over power it. It is a great plane indeed.

In my view, we should continue inducting JFTs with some F-16s trickling in over time, and wait and look for a next generation platform. i.e. participate in Turkish 5th gen. jet program to co-produce that machine. :pakistan: :turkey:

Only rafale and Su30 and above series can mess it. Su 35 and MKI can over power it
Well I consider EFT -> Rafale -> Su35
Typhoon is most advance aircraft with 5thG as exception. Likes of EFT,Rafael,F15SE,Su35 belongs to same category.
But we don't need these As PAF shoot Down Typhoon to 3-0 in exercise
Better statement is, we cannot afford it. As capital investment EFT is expensive to both Rafale and Su35, but in long term expenditure of about 10 years, it is more economical compared to both.

And RAF pilots never show their real guts in a practise. They operate under strict conditions and don't compete their full potential as they are not allowed to show any "specific" move that can teach your adversary a new set of tactics. Perhaps that's the reason their EFT lost against PAF F16 & IAF Su30 ........
In real combat I don't think any of them stand any chance against EFT......

Leading the Pakistan Day Flypast.

Participating in a strike mission against terrorists.

Windjammer, in both cases he flew as GIBS (guy in back seat), still a great achievement especially the combat mission. Also he did not solo the typhoon, again he was in the GIBS position, there is the element of conversion to an aircraft, that element is particularly long and arduous for an aircraft of this level. No air force in the world would let a someone fly their multi million asset solo just like that, in fact from the PAF's point of view we would not want our chief to be put in an unsafe situation, he's an extremely valuable asset to the country . Having said that he definitely would have taken over the controls a bit and flung the bird around while he was up there.

No, its not. Pakistan has shown interest in this jet. The UK and the Europeans will be marching towards the JSF. So, there is no technological harm in selling these to Pakistan if the deal goes through!!

May be its God telling you to only look at the 5th Gen jets then? Like the export version JSF, or the J-31 or the Turkish program?
No if Gold is telling anything it is to build earthquake proof building
Pakistan lies in the centre of tectonic plates and earthquakes are inevitable

True our typhoon is widely regarded as the most advanced 4.5 generation fighter jet in the world, only the rafale comes close.

However, to be honest, i dont think Pakistan can afford this formidable fighter jet, since its quite expensive. Reason outside Europe only very wealthy countries like Saudia Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar have odered/are using it so far, though Republic of Oman is a special case.
If pakistan can afford them though then it will be a tremendous boost to their airforce and this will mean their airforce will gain a great technological edge in the region over all its neighbours and even beyond.

The EFT is far superior to the F-16's but the F-16blk 60 would give them a hard fight. As far as Pakistan is concerned it can procure these aircraft and have the required funds.

A few months back the Arab League passed a resolution regarding setting up combined armed forces for the Arab World, in this regard they would make available all resources. This opens a huge market for arms sales of all types. The US had refused the sale of F-16's to the Saudi's hence they went after the F-15's, Tornado's and EFT. There is a requirement of single engine aircraft which could be fulfilled by JF-17's, however these sales would require few modification to the current blocks including engines. Now the PAF is looking for a twin engine 4.5 - 4.5+ fighter aircraft hence the JFT could be a potential solution as this offers maintenance solutions along with expansion to the Saudi JFT production facilities (at present they are not assembling the entire aircraft), a win win situation for both the countries.

Jordan, Qatar and UAE are also considering to add a new type of platform for which they are looking towards the EFT and Rafale.
Recently PAF has been offered 8 new F-16's block is still not conformed. It is being hoped that it would be the Blk 60 as the pilot requirements of UAE need to be addressed. PAF pilots would be the most probable choice.

PAF since the late 1960's always maintained 2 types of Western fighter platforms and a Chinese Platform. More Chinese platforms were added and F-6, F-7, F-7pg and A5 Fatans raised the platforms to 3. Now considering these to the current PAF adding SU-35 or J-10, J-11 series would only replace the platforms that were decommissioned.

We might be in for a surprise here. Apparently PAF has been saving up for a big purchase to offset increasing imbalance. If recent indicators from PAF are anything to go by, couple of squadrons of 4+ to 4.5 Gen acquisition is in order. And it seems they have the money.
The sanctions have helped Pakistan in some regards...

I recall once a visiting RAF ACM was given a familiarisation flight in a Sargodha based F-7 by the base Commander...so such courtesy can be extended to the visiting dignitaries, however last time (around 2005) the PAF Chief took a flight in the EFT, the PAF was said to be looking into this aircraft.....more recently, the current ACM has said that PAF was looking at various options in both East and West.
Sir, in 2005 the EFT was not a mature platform but today it is... PAF has always chosen an aircraft that is mature.
There were other technical issues as well if PAF did procure this aircraft at that time which you already would be aware off, however today the things have changed and PAF can easily induct these aircraft.

A few years back before Turkey initiated the TFX program there was a proposal by the EFT consortium to build and export the aircraft in Turkey. The same was also offered to India unfortunately both these countries refused the offers.
The consequences of these impacted on the sales of the EFT hence the marketing has taken a different approach. The Engine that the JFT is using has been offered for the TFX and there are reports that this might also be considered for JF-17's in case KSA is interested.

There is also a hope that the recent trade and defence agreements between China and UK would also open up sales of the EJ engines for Chinese aircraft.

The Typhoon Cost 140 million per jet we can get 2 Su-35 in that price...
What about the J-11D with the engines of SU-35 and Western Avionics or the SU-35 with Western Avionics alone...

But we don't need these As PAF shoot Down Typhoon to 3-0 in exercise... and the plane is also too much expensive...

LOL oh my friend our Defence budget is low i know but still we signed deals cost 5 billion dollars for subs and 1 billion for 15 Heli + global cutters 300 t-99 tanks etc etc ... you don;t give payment in just one day but in different interval of time and in years so we can afford much thing you can imagine
The EFT were Shot down in exercises under strict rules of engagement...Moreover NATO forces rely highly on BVR where as PAF likes to be doing close combat...Now what could the EFT do once it is in PAF hands....Think :azn:

euro fighter is a great plane. F16 can not mess with it. Only rafale and Su30 and above series can mess it. Su 35 and MKI can over power it. It is a great plane indeed.
PAF F-16 gave RAF's Typhoon a run for their money in an exercise conducted in Turkey back in 2011.There were 3 set-ups and in all three typhoons were shot down by our vintage F-16( which some of the arm chair think tank analyst say is a puny fighter aircraft)
Typhoon is a great aircraft for BVR but it is very expensive,in that money Su-35 is the best option and it will be not be (greatly) in West's pressure.
most recently; Remember when Pakistan ordered 2nd hand mirages from France? delivery was halted in 99 due to 'muricas embargo on Pak. West is not trust able.

Could people stop mentioning the mythical SU-35 just once please? This thread is about the Typhoon.
Now, having sat in the cockpit, I must say it was very comfortable. :yahoo: The PAF air chief seems to agree.

Could people stop mentioning the mythical SU-35 just once please? This thread is about the Typhoon.
Now, having sat in the cockpit, I must say it was very comfortable. :yahoo: The PAF air chief seems to agree.

looks like the Russians have the su-35 in these guys minds. its quiet sad to be honest.
you dont go from rival to bff in less than a year.

looks like the Russians have the su-35 in these guys minds. its quiet sad to be honest.
you dont go from rival to bff in less than a year.

The SU-35 is certainly coming to Pakistan, it's just the scale may not be up to scratch.

Sukhoi SU-35 Twin 70mm Super Scale EDF Jet w/Thrust Vectoring 1080mm (ARF)

Ridiculous mate and I agree with what you said. Anyway enough of this.

The Rolls Royce engines literally blow my ears out whenever I go to see the plane perform at shows. Oh sorry the EJ200 engine :cheesy:

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom