What's new

PAF Chief flies the Typhoon

Windjammer

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Pakistan
Top Gun visit to Lincolnshire base includes Typhoon flight for chief of Pakistan's air force
By CJHall_LE | Posted: November 04, 2015

11304907-large.jpg

IN THE COCKPIT: Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman prepares for his Typhoon flight.

Jet fighter pilots and their ground crews who defend British airspace from their base in Lincolnshire gave a top visiting VIP a first-hand experience of their Top Gun lifestyle.

Personnel at RAF Coningsby hosted a visit to the unit by Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, who is the Chief of the Air Staff for the Pakistan Air Force.

The Air Chief Marshal was met by RAF Coningsby Station Commander, Group Captain Jez Attridge.

He was welcomed to the base and given a brief on the use of air power and the role of RAF Coningsby.

After being kitted for a Typhoon flight, Air Chief Marshal Aman was given a thorough briefing about what his experience would entail.

And he was also given a tour of the Qualified Weapons Instructors' Course based on 29(R) Squadron.

After the Typhoon flight, the visit continued with a guided tour around the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

He was given the opportunity to meet some of the crews involved in the many anniversary commemorative flypasts which the BBMF has taken part in during 2015.

Read more: Top Gun visit to Lincolnshire base includes Typhoon flight for chief of Pakistan's air force | Lincolnshire Echo
Follow us: @LincsEcho on Twitter | LincsEcho on Facebook

Top Gun visit to Lincolnshire base includes Typhoon flight for chief of Pakistan's air force

11304907-large.jpg

Jet fighter pilots and their ground crews who defend British airspace from their base in Lincolnshire gave a top visiting VIP a first-hand experience of their Top Gun lifestyle.

Personnel at RAF Coningsby hosted a visit to the unit by Air Chief Marshal Sohail Aman, who is the Chief of the Air Staff for the Pakistan Air Force.

The Air Chief Marshal was met by RAF Coningsby Station Commander, Group Captain Jez Attridge.

He was welcomed to the base and given a brief on the use of air power and the role of RAF Coningsby.

After being kitted for a Typhoon flight, Air Chief Marshal Aman was given a thorough briefing about what his experience would entail.

And he was also given a tour of the Qualified Weapons Instructors' Course based on 29(R) Squadron.

After the Typhoon flight, the visit continued with a guided tour around the Battle of Britain Memorial Flight.

He was given the opportunity to meet some of the crews involved in the many anniversary commemorative flypasts which the BBMF has taken part in during 2015.

Read more: Top Gun visit to Lincolnshire base includes Typhoon flight for chief of Pakistan's air force | Lincolnshire Echo

Just out of curiosity Jammer, is it a normal practice? I mean say has Indian Air Chief flown Eurofighter the same way?

I Request indians to en light us by their _ _ _ _ review in the light of their knowledge.

If only wishes were horses, I would love to see 2 squadrons of this beauty in PAF.

Just out of curiosity Jammer, is it a normal practice? I mean say has Indian Air Chief flown Eurofighter the same way?
The PAF is probably one of the few if not the only air force where it's Chief has to be an active flyer hence leading from the front.... the others may have been given a back seat ride but PAF Chiefs always fly them self.
Earlier, ACM Tanvir also checked out the Typhoon as well.

538529_572756176083257_870284061_n.jpg

11304907-large.jpg

My wish was to see at least 50 EF-2000s in PAF colors.

@mike2000 is back @waz check this out

well now your air force chief has seen what the typhoon can do, he may buy some. i would.

the typhoon consortium does need orders so i won't be surprised if they order them, but it is very expensive. at least twice as much as a f16 blk 52.

p.s. its better than the rafale and the su-30mki, yes that includes the su-35 too.

looks like she's good for doing some airstrikes too!!
Typhoon_with_laser_guided_bombs.jpg

this was in the article, not relevant to the typhoon, but its worth putting on.
11304945.jpg

Last edited:
Lol sorry if your a s s sparked

What the hell does a s s sparked even mean, you have any idea what you are typing or just typing random sentences just because you have access to a keyboard? I gave you a decent suggestion and you come back with this reply? Really?

@Topic

How regularly does the PAF chief fly a jet himself in the PAF inventory? Jammer said PAF chiefs have to be able to fly a jet, does being-able-to translate to should-fly? And what is the norm for other air force chiefs?

Back
Top Bottom