What's new

PAF Chief flies the Typhoon

design doesn't matter, how ugly aircraft is looking but performance that matter and by the way J-10 has same design as EFT so you think J-10 design is also bad
Except canards, there is nothing common in between J10-Typhoon design wise.

@waz @mike2000 is back

Hi guys. . . I was following your discussion and came across your agreement on Typhoon practically being a British product. So, it got me thinking that if we ever were to procure the jet from Great Britain then, will or can other member states of the EF consortium could veto the sale? Or can UK overlook their objections and go ahead with the sale anyway?

I'm curious because just yesterday, it was reported that our GSP+ status could be revoked or suspended for not abiding with the EU Human Rights clause of Death moratorium. And the state of affairs as they are right now, we can't afford to abide by such condition. Not till the time the terrorist and extremist elements are wiped clean of our land. The earliest possible time for such implementation would be 2019 as that's the time till which our Armed Forces will stay in FATA.

Thus my curiosity and, my quarries above.

Thanks guys.
Peace.

The UK and Pakistan are allies, both through NATO and the commonwealth, shared colonial history. If a request was made for the Typhoon it would be accepted. The UK does not need the permission, but does take on board the confidence of other members. The Saudi deal (72 planes) had a great deal of controversy surrounding it, and the Germans did not like the deal. Even with serious accusations of kickbacks and fraud the UK pushed the deal through. The cards are in the UK's hands.
The Italians are close to Pakistan regarding defence matters, so that is an added bonus. I personally can't see an issue. It's a matter of funds for the PAF and whether they actually want the craft. I know the PAF like it, as pilots evaluated the plane as far back as 2005 and liked it.

na india lena dya ga our na pasa hAA Bas pic dhako our enjoy kro bacho :undecided::tup:

No offence pakistanis.

The Typhoon whislt a great war plane especially in air combat is very very expensive.

twice the cost of one F16/52

4 times the cost of a thunder.

IF PAF are looking to buy 3 sqds or 50 planes @ total cost of $9 billion with weapons package i would be astonished.

This conversation will end in same manner as SU35... simply not realistic on your current and near future resources.

No offence pakistanis.

The Typhoon whislt a great war plane especially in air combat is very very expensive.

twice the cost of one F16/52

4 times the cost of a thunder.

IF PAF are looking to buy 3 sqds or 50 planes @ total cost of $9 billion with weapons package i would be astonished.

This conversation will end in same manner as SU35... simply not realistic on your current and near future resources.
http://files.newsnetz.ch/upload//1/2/12332.pdf

Agree and here is the link claimed to be Swiss evaluation report on Rafale, Euro fighter and Gripen.
What it tells is that Typhoon is inferior to Rafale except a couple of aspects, while Gripen lags behind considerably. Euro fighter is not our guy and especially for the cost.

European fighters work very well both the rafale & the typhoon are awesome machines.

But they are only marginally better than the late model usa fighters falcons & hornets but twice the cost.

russian latest fighters especially flankers offer the best bang for buck but suffer from maintenance.

the chinease offer the best solution russia,s bang for buck almost.. but better maintenance

European fighters work very well both the rafale & the typhoon are awesome machines.

But they are only marginally better than the late model usa fighters falcons & hornets but twice the cost.

russian latest fighters especially flankers offer the best bang for buck but suffer from maintenance.

the chinease offer the best solution russia,s bang for buck almost.. but better maintenance
If this report is correct and also the statistics for rate of turn whatever I have seen Typhoon is inferior to Rafale in WVR, BVR currently it has some edge over Rafale. I won't be surprised if Pakistan acquires SU35 from Russia.

Photoshop
15309122194_7c91b2a28b_b.jpg

10191493844_c62826bbf5_o.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom