What's new

Ordnance Factory Trichy to bring out rifle ''as good as AK-47''

Lol... so why dnt use them ur liscense produced AKs or insas aswell?
Hell our police is armed with almost every weapon (small arm) our infantry uses.

Like AKs,MP-5,G3A4,sig,beretta,MG-3,snipers etc.

INSAS 5.56 rifles are there in good numbers but it is available only with the paramilitary forces or specialized police forces......the Ak's are for the anti-naxal forces and the armed forces but our police have to use the vintage .303 junk (without adequate ammo!)our police do not even have proper bullet proof vests or proper anti-rioting gear!!also the standard S-A pistol for our police is the Beretta(fortunately!)

^^^ What were the mods waiting for?

Are we going back to 7.62 mm cal after switching over to 5.56 mm? the reasons for the switch on rifle caliber are still valid. Or will they make these in 5.56 mm?

I agree! We should analyze what happened in the design of Insas...I mean how does the developer make such a gun without any planning. I know some jokers from the army are the ones who insisted on the 3 burst crap...which is mind boggling.....it shows either that person or persons are really f-ing stupid or have strategic foresight. I mean if you really wanna injure a terrorist, then a shot to the kneecap or armpit will suffice. The key emphasis should be more target shooting which is seriously lacking in the police, paramilitary, NSG, etc....this was exposed after 26/11. You could se the way the "special forces" held the gun was incorrect. Plz to the other posters this was commented by the media and also captured on photos and video. Let's induct this gun for all forces and let them target practice 5x week making it mandatory. Hell, We can create more jobs by having some poor ppl collect the empty shells and bullets and recycle it.

not just indian army but the US army also has the three burst firing mode rather than waste the bullet by blindly opening fire at the enemy and empty the magazine this has two advantages it will stop the soldiers mostly rookies from wasting the bullet and get killed because of loss of amo......... and also this practice helps them to cultivate the habit of aim and fire................... they who suggested are not fools but the one who make fun of them without knowing their intention behind it proves that he is

Upping the links given by MUHARIB to imgur :D

FQU4h.jpg

Is that a grenade launcher or an ICBM silo? o_O. HUGE!

I don understand what people think...........come on the OFT cant make u happy by developing a laser gun which can fire projectiles on moon.The main disadvantage of the ak-47 is its accuracy which becomes bizarre when it is used in full auto mode.I think that problem will be solved by the new barrel which is quite similar to M-4 .With the new addition of UGBL,scope,night vision device,e.t.c on it the gun may be a good choice for the next few years.See the assault rifle"s main characteristic is the power it generates and the accuracy by which it fires,the 7.62 produces damn good power.Rest each and every rifle will have its disadvantages & advantages. We have to see what suits our army better and then going for the guns not by the way that this gun is sexy and this is not and last point our army is using the insas for quite a time so without any good reason they will not reject this gun & I think army had sm reasons for the affinity towards the indigenous products.:cool::cool::cool::cool:

not just indian army but the US army also has the three burst firing mode rather than waste the bullet by blindly opening fire at the enemy and empty the magazine this has two advantages it will stop the soldiers mostly rookies from wasting the bullet and get killed because of loss of amo......... and also this practice helps them to cultivate the habit of aim and fire................... they who suggested are not fools but the one who make fun of them without knowing their intention behind it proves that he is

What I understood is that the INdian Insas could;t even go into full auto burst? Isn't that true? Only the latest variants have that capability, did you know that? Also, you are comparing this gun to the M-16 which is replaced or almost completely replaced by the US forces. Its like comparing apples to oranges....so plaza read more. Rookies not shooting correctly is something that has to be corrected but not with modifying the gun.....I think it is an issue that should corrected in the field, it should be emphasized that shoot to kill or you are going to die wasting your bullets. And like I said MORE TARGET PRACTICE...this is the key how retarded are we not to notice that this is the fundamental flaw in our training....we don;t get enough time on the shooting range....Are we morons? Do we need scientists to tell us that? WTF....As per highlighted comment they who suggested are not always right as you can clearly see with your own eyes....look at 26/11 and read the criticism

We should not be scared of criticism.

India is capable of producing lasers but we cannot produce small laser sights, or thermal imagining mounts for guns? COme ON Maaaaan

@misterme2
The first batch of Insas couldn't fire in full auto, later variants of INSAS can fire in semi automatic, burst and full auto mode. And INSAS was built keeping it's working environment in mind, not any fashion show :agree:

@misterme2
The first batch of Insas couldn't fire in full auto, later variants of INSAS can fire in semi automatic, burst and full auto mode. And INSAS was built keeping it's working environment in mind, not any fashion show :agree:

I know they kept on working on it....which is good example of trial and error. Any weapon should be built keeping its working environment in mind. As for the fashion show thing, my comment had to do with the ridiculous color scheme on the INSAS, or do you think that is okay for the "environment"...haha

I know they kept on working on it....which is good example of trial and error. Any weapon should be built keeping its working environment in mind. As for the fashion show thing, my comment had to do with the ridiculous color scheme on the INSAS, or do you think that is okay for the "environment"...haha

Ya, INSAS color scheme is weird but i was quite impressed with this gun, even a first timer can fire this gun with ease.

I heard some hologram sight made in India is tested by army. Can they fix in it?

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom