What's new

Ordnance Factory Trichy to bring out rifle ''as good as AK-47''

Looks like a FAL Para.Sights and folding stock look inspired from it.

This is the Brazilian MD-97 5.56mm NATO variant based on FAL.
FAL.jpg

NIFT (National Instt. of Fasion Tech.) ???
You might get lavender or pink guns!
You may have meant NID (National Instt. for Design). :smokin:

Lol correct...India should put all these different groups to together to execute the perfect weapons platform. Design plays a role in marketing and selling your products.....Aesthetic features play a small role but a role nonetheless. I pointed out the color for stealth reasons......Blue Dot is on the money on this....putting together different agencies to come up with a plan is key......I never understood why the Insas has that color.....it screams to the enemies "here I am, plaza shoot me!"

Firstly I want to say well done, this weapon looks good and I hope performs well in the hands of the brave men who will use them. Certainly a MASSIVE improvement on the INSAS (in terms of aesthetics).
But I just think a country like India should be aiming a little higher than "as good as the AK-47" I mean that's like ISRO saying we've built a satellite that's as good as Sputnik! What they should really be saying/aiming for is it's as good as the M4/16 or the Tavor or FAMAS etc I'm sure the weapon is fine, will know more once specs are realised. I hope this project actually moves foreword and has a use unlike the MSMC which has been "on trails" for years with little to no info on when it's going to be inducted.

+ if I'm not wrong this IS NOT for F-INSAS is it? What role will this rifle play in the Indian armed forces?? Or is it primarily for paramilitaries (CISF,CRPF,ITBP,SFF,SSB etc etc) and state police forces if so this is good, get rid of those ridiculous fluorescent, cumbersome INSAS the CISF has to yield at airports. On this point I always wondered why the Indian armed forces/paramilitaries/police forces went for the INSAS excaliber or the newer versions that were all black with pictanical rails and optical sights??

+1
they need to hire guys from NIFT to give these weapons a killer look. Look at INSAS, I cant comprehend why did they go for that color:coffee:
Lol they don't need those guys doing the design (NIFT), they wouldn't know the first thing about rifle design/combat. All the OFB needed to do (with the INSAS) was to talk to the operators, those who will actually be using the rifle in the field, I'm sure these guys would have immediately pointed out that black was a must. I mean whose BRIGHT idea was it to make the INSAS neon orange! And why did the Army than say "that's fine give us 1,000,000 of them!!" just look at what operators especially among Special Forces who are allowed to do such things- put camo sheets over their rifles. OFB should make accessory packs for their rifles with different camps/accessories that are much need for Indian special forces.

The OFB needs to start making/ the Indian armed forces need to start demanding accessories/camouflaged rifles like this and not just accepting any old c£&p sent their way:

3tonedesert.jpg

SPEAR_DESERT_real.jpg

seals-vbss.jpg

US special forces have had access to these for years. Swell as many other countries.
To be the best you have to act like the best.

The gun is to fill the gap between today and the day the f-insas will be inducted which I think is very far away.So we should stop day dreaming and lets hope that trichy will win us lots of battles.The f-insas as the name suggest is a futuristic project which will be futuristic for next 100 years minimum.So Indians 'dal roti khao prabhu ke gun gao".:cry::cry::cry:

Looks like a FAL Para.Sights and folding stock look inspired from it.

This is the Brazilian MD-97 5.56mm NATO variant based on FAL.
FAL.jpg

HMxLi.jpg

14fZJ.jpg

_762mm_SIG-551.jpg

or the

SIG-551

If its good enough to replace the 47s, would be great, but hope it doesnt take forever to get inducted like the MSMC.

This is a total surprise for all of us, lol.

ya i hope it gets inducted ASAP...waiting for the specs...this news totally made my morning yesterday..i was goin through the paper and i come across this...i am like WTF is that lol

---------- Post added at 02:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 AM ----------

The front part resembles SIG 552

it's good that we made it but i feel as good as ak47 in 2011 is not good enough for operations in modern day war.

I like it! Wonder how come these people didn't get the idea of combining the two designs earlier.. we could have straight away got this much before even having the headache to have made INSAS in first place. And I hope this has a multiple shoot mode on; not like INSAS where bullets were designed by some wise clown to "injure not to kill" and "3 round bursts ONLY". :woot:

Great pics. I really hope that this rifle gets into service ASAP and with all the 3 branches as well as all the state police's special departments. If they could mass produce it and replace the LE-303s in our police force, the unit cost would also become much lesser. Besides, a police wala will look decent for the first time with such a rifle alongside the Army. :lol:

HMxLi.jpg

14fZJ.jpg

_762mm_SIG-551.jpg

or the

SIG-551

If its good enough to replace the 47s, would be great, but hope it doesnt take forever to get inducted like the MSMC.

This is a total surprise for all of us, lol.

SG 551 is on a league of it's own.SG 551 is based on AK milled receiver.This new rifle is based on the FAL.As of now I can only speculate from the photos it's based on the FAL.Also the SG551 is of more higher quality and generally more ergonomic.

Why not switch to 5.56?

7.62 by 39 feeds reliably but it is not the most accurate round around even in great guns.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom