What's new

Ordnance Factory Trichy to bring out rifle ''as good as AK-47''

it's good that we made it but i feel as good as ak47 in 2011 is not good enough for operations in modern day war.

you should be appreciative of the men who worked on this project and not criticize ... India lags behind in tech. to almost all of the western and developed far eastern countries ... it will take much time to catch them up .. its a good rifle as its indigenous not some foreign made weapon ...

I like it! Wonder how come these people didn't get the idea of combining the two designs earlier.. we could have straight away got this much before even having the headache to have made INSAS in first place. And I hope this has a multiple shoot mode on; not like INSAS where bullets were designed by some wise clown to "injure not to kill" and "3 round bursts ONLY". :woot:

Great pics. I really hope that this rifle gets into service ASAP and with all the 3 branches as well as all the state police's special departments. If they could mass produce it and replace the LE-303s in our police force, the unit cost would also become much lesser. Besides, a police wala will look decent for the first time with such a rifle alongside the Army. :lol:

I agree! We should analyze what happened in the design of Insas...I mean how does the developer make such a gun without any planning. I know some jokers from the army are the ones who insisted on the 3 burst crap...which is mind boggling.....it shows either that person or persons are really f-ing stupid or have strategic foresight. I mean if you really wanna injure a terrorist, then a shot to the kneecap or armpit will suffice. The key emphasis should be more target shooting which is seriously lacking in the police, paramilitary, NSG, etc....this was exposed after 26/11. You could se the way the "special forces" held the gun was incorrect. Plz to the other posters this was commented by the media and also captured on photos and video. Let's induct this gun for all forces and let them target practice 5x week making it mandatory. Hell, We can create more jobs by having some poor ppl collect the empty shells and bullets and recycle it.

Aint TRICY ASSAULT RIFILE LOOKS LIKE THIS ? :agree::agree:

hsoljm.jpg

_762mm_SIG-551.jpg

SIG-551 7.62M43

Aint TRICY ASSAULT RIFILE LOOKS LIKE THIS ? :agree::agree:

hsoljm.jpg

_762mm_SIG-551.jpg

SIG-551 7.62M43

it looks like a copy paste job!!why the hell can't we manufacture Tavor like assault rifles even after licence producing them??the Trichy looks like it has the mag of the ak,the barrel and its cover looks like the older gen m-16's!!

No offence but this rifle looks like a modified ak-47.... Wat abt ur futuristic weapons?
My advise is tht these guys should issue more aks thn trying to make a copy of it.... or as good as it.

Use the real deal... problem solved.

Knights Armament SR-47

kac-sr47-01.jpg

"This particular 7.62 x 39mm is probably the most accurate 7.62 x 39mm in the world because it's got a really fine free-floated barrel,"To enable the use of battlefield pick-up magazines, it can use AK-47 magazine...:cool:

Knights Armament SR-47

kac-sr47-01.jpg

"This particular 7.62 x 39mm is probably the most accurate 7.62 x 39mm in the world because it's got a really fine free-floated barrel,"To enable the use of battlefield pick-up magazines, it can use AK-47 magazine...:cool:

is this rifle made in India?it looks good...:)

The AK-47 is one of the most robust weapons ever made, very easy to use, easier to maintain and always reliable. Why do you think it is the favorite weapon of terrorists?
The IA loves to use variants of the Kalashnikov, the will not reject it.
AK 47 is definitely a game changer but its not because of the above reason that AK47 is used by the terrorists. AK47 is very easily available in the black market and is also very cheap.

WTF !!! man it looks like a mix of AK-47 & M4 carbine awesome GUN!!! seems like it can also be used for commando operation ...Thank you MUHARID...
But yeah the pics looks awesome and it looks like the mix of AK-47 & M4 carbine.

The problem of AK47 is its not accurate. In case of close combat operations which involves in almost all anti-terrorist operations, it could be deathly for our armed forces. For anti terrorist operations, a weapon which has good accuracy is necessary.

Well i am waiting for DRDO's multi-Caliber Individual Weapon System which they are making with Israel for FINSAS program.
But if this rifle is good it might atleast find place in paramilitary forces.

No offence but this rifle looks like a modified ak-47.... Wat abt ur futuristic weapons?
My advise is tht these guys should issue more aks thn trying to make a copy of it.... or as good as it.

so what if it's a heavily modified .a hybrid of AK 47 and M4 ??? it comes handy in battlefield ,when you run out of magazines but you always have an option to use enemy magazines too..:cheesy:

well we have been license producing ak's since a long time.it is the benchmark rifle for the armed forces...
But unfortunately our police still use the old ww-2 .303 rifles!!i read that my city(Bangalore) has only 4 ak-47 rifles!!

well we have been license producing ak's since a long time.it is the benchmark rifle for the armed forces...
But unfortunately our police still use the old ww-2 .303 rifles!!i read that my city(Bangalore) has only 4 ak-47 rifles!!

Lol... so why dnt use them ur liscense produced AKs or insas aswell?
Hell our police is armed with almost every weapon (small arm) our infantry uses.

Like AKs,MP-5,G3A4,sig,beretta,MG-3,snipers etc.

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom