What's new

End of the line for the Insas rifle

I know. That is why I did not venture an answer. But I'm curious to know, and my question was directed at you.

According to him 303s arent in service with indian police etc... although i posted pics ... he wasnt satisfied... so ur posts only prove me right..

According to him 303s arent in service with indian police etc... although i posted pics ... he wasnt satisfied... so ur posts only prove me right..

It depends, sometimes in the same force you see different rifles in service. I haves seen delhi police fellows with both. Same for the railway protection force. And I have seen some state forces (in very peaceful states) carrying only .303s.

I wouldn’t be surprised if IA eventually rejects the ARDE made gun and procurers it from some foreign vendors….Indian Army’s arm procurement team is full of agents who work only for commission and not for nation!

Efforts should have been put in to evolve the INSAAS as per the future requirements of IA. It was not made just to call it an obsolete machine one day and go for completely new model.

I respect IN in this regard, they have really boosted the indigenization of Naval systems in India…

True is that in general police have the .303 rifles. though now Insas and other few rifles given to them. like they have 3 to 4 Insas and plus other rifles of AK-47 and also Teargas Launcher etc. 
and per police station such weapons are there and in general they possess the .303.

Lee Enfield SMLE's are indeed in service in rural sectors, the horrifying truth about law enforcement .303's are lot of them are non-functional....

significant amount of constabulary neither optimally use the SMLE nor understand how to shoulder the weapon.... But then there are some gun nuts among them who have babied thier rifles, and are very passionate about them like you and me....

Example comes to mind is the trainer we had for our NCC, open sight shot 10 rounds within approx 3" group at almost 150 yards with SMLE....

Pakistan Defence Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom