What's new

Opinion: Turkey not a regional power.

I have a question for Turkish brothers:
Why is Turkey chickening out in the Syrian issue? FSA has relied on them. Why is Turkey waiting for NATO to act? You know that Syrian army, although not week, can not handle your forces.
If you want to be a regional power, you should act like a regional power. Look at Iran. Did they wait for Russia to react? They would do the same thing, even if Russia and China were against them.
Why is not Turkey acting independently on this issue?
Maybe Turkish economy is very sensitive to war or people are not interested in the regional strategy.
It looks to me that Turkish economy growth was just a transient one, regarding the recent downfall of her economy to 3%.
Why Turkey should do the Arab job? Saudi F-15S, Typhoons and Tornados can easily reach Syria. So yalla.

Israel should go against Iran, one on one, survival of the fittest, I think Israel is not weak, neither is Iran. But to make it a fair fight, Turkey should disable the missile defense shield.

Seems like you don't have anything substantial to add here. Your wet dreams of turkey and arabs attacking Syria without Iran doing nothing have been exposed totally.

Do you have any answers as to what Turkey can do once it enters syria for war, gets embroiled in a bloody war with Kurds taking advantage and rockets pounding the people who have no appetite for war ?. Any answers here ?

Because Iran will retaliate massively and thus it requires a massive first strike by USAF to make sure that Israeli and US installations are not harmed in the process.

Dude, I don't know where you got the impression but you totally overestimate Iran. Iranians don't even have a proper war plane to fly. All they have missiles and proxy war. Yes, they will give some damage to other country but neither of them can bring them a victory against countries like Turkiye or KSA. They would pay a really heavy price for that.

Israel should go against Iran, one on one, survival of the fittest, I think Israel is not weak, neither is Iran. But to make it a fair fight, Turkey should disable the missile defense shield.

What missile defense shield

Dude, I don't know where you got the impression but you totally overestimate Iran. Iranians don't even have a proper war plane to fly. All they have missiles and proxy war. Yes, they will give some damage to other country but neither of them can bring them a victory against countries like Turkiye or KSA. They would pay a really heavy price for that.

Power is not only measured by planes or conventional ways. I would like to quote Hillary Mann Leverett who haves 20 years of experience in US' foreign policy:

The US “cripple Iran” policy has created more supporters of Iran in the region from the Gulf to Egypt than Iran ever had in the past. The US diplomats are daydreaming over an isolated Iran. In reality, Turkey, Iraq, Egypt, Afghanistan and the vast Shia population of the Gulf, Lebanon, Syria depend on Iran. Iran is the biggest power of the region. After the Muslim brotherhood came to power in Cairo, they opened the Suez canal to Iranian military movements. Due to ideology of exceptionalism, there is no accountability of such major policy misfire in Washington, DC.

Remember they are not fighting in Iran but rather syria. Their victory would be the same as that of Taliban once the US withdraws from Astan. The victory here lies in denying the victory to the Turks and Arabs and make them pay for invading Syria. They would prefer a covert war rather than an open declaration. We have seen that in Iraq and Israel.

And that will hit the credibility of Turkey and Arabs as well as strengthen Iran and Israel's clout in the region besides making sure that the Arabs kneel to the USA for support.

Thank you for showing the reality of things. You are siding with Iran for Israel's benefit.And as I have noted this guy's type are a plenty. But don't worry with Syria in our camp you will have a very powerful bloc of countries at both Iran and Israel's face. And even a bigger ally to Pakistan in case they need anything ;)

I am really more and more amazed everyday with the way some Pakistanis defend Assad like he was a God amongst men simply for Iran's benefit. Don't you know the Ba'ath party in general favored India over Pakistan in every war, not to mention are on India's side always? That is why you see majority of Indians siding with him and not want a pro-Saudi, Pro-Pakistani government there. Well sure keep shouting for Assad I am sure Iran is more important to this specific group of people than their own countries for sectarian reasons.... You know, Welayat Faqeeh and all :whistle:

Power is not only measured by planes or conventional ways. I would like to quote Hillary Mann Leverett who haves 20 years of experience in US' foreign policy:

Still Iranian entire military can be subdued with our much much much superior air power in a matter of days at MOST. Then Iran will resort to the famous "Make them run out of bullets by using our bodies" tactic, of which I am in big anticipation of...You know... to see if it will work or not :whistle:

"After the Muslim brotherhood came to power in Cairo, they opened the Suez canal to Iranian military movements"

Then, we must be the greatest allies of Russians because we have never refused their requests of passing their military ships from bosphorus and dardanelles.

The one that is protecting your unthankful azz

There is no such shield.

Still Iranian entire military can be subdued with our much much much superior air power in a matter of days at MOST. Then Iran will resort to the famous "Make them run out of bullets by using our bodies" tactic, of which I am in big anticipation of...You know... to see if it will work or not :whistle:

Yeah right, have you ever heard of air defense? An subdue Iran's entire military? Not even close. I have no trust in the military organization skills of Arab nations at all. Iran could bomb your airfields, oil fields and your major infrastructures within hours. Can you even imagine what that will bring to your country?

Besides that, I don't understand this power measuring at all. Why are you guys acting tough with stuff that western countries has provided you with? Your whole military technology, organization and strategy is based on western perception of warfare, and you guys couldn't even last one day if it wasn't for the west. At least Iran has build their industry and strategy with minimal foreign help.

I just laugh when I see Arabs bragging over all their fancy stuff, while the credit for that lays not with you guys.

Oh please stop this Israel card. Saudi's gave permission to go over their airspace to attack Iran if the need arises. Right now Saudi is more pro-Israel than any other Arab country. You guys are buying $60 billion of weapons and I can't see that happen unless Israel gives it's node to US for such a weapon transfer. So don't play Israel card.

On what evidence you accuse Saudi Arabia of giving Israel permission to go over their airspace to attack Iran? Last time I checked one of the Saudi officials declared that they would shot down any intruder plane that would go over their airspace.

Yeah right, have you ever heard of air defense? An subdue Iran's entire military? Not even close. I have no trust in the military organization skills of Arab nations at all. Iran could bomb your airfields, oil fields and your major infrastructures within hours. Can you even imagine what that will bring to your country?

Besides that, I don't understand this power measuring at all. Why are you guys acting tough with stuff that western countries has provided you with? Your whole military technology, organization and strategy is based on western perception of warfare, and you guys couldn't even last one day if it wasn't for the west. At least Iran has build their industry and strategy with minimal foreign help.

I just laugh when I see Arabs bragging over all their fancy stuff, while the credit for that lays not with you guys.

You are more than free to feel proud of your home made knife. I will just use my bought Gun, same concept. And OMG you really are zilch on the left aren't you when it comes to military tech and equipment aren't you??

Dear you can send your first few missiles but we have a very advanced Anti-Ballistic Missile system to take the first few out. And THEN, we have very capably SEAD mission platforms and armaments that Iran in no way shape or form can stop. From ALARM Anti-Rads to Storm Shadows, To AGM-Mavrics, To HARMs, To Sea Eagles, Not to mention the JDAMs and EW systems.

I give it 30 Hours maximum before entire Iran is left without even Triple As. I love this mentality you guys have, "Just send missiles on their oil and they will surrender and bend over immediately in the face of the Persian Might". :Rofl:

You really have a lot to learn. We are the one sitting here on a position of military superiority NOT you.

Back
Top Bottom