What's new

Opinion: Turkey not a regional power.

First of all I wanna say that my dad's an CWO3 in the air force. He served in Incirlik AB for 2 years. So I know a few about turkey. Turkey's doing good. They don't want to take action againist Assad. If they did, it wouldn't take more than 3 days. But it would take years to withdraw from there. In my op an alliance should do it with a Turkish led nato battle group. P.S Maybe Saudis have F-15s, Eurofighters, tornados. But turkey has the most superior AF in the region after Israel. They were used to be trained by the IAF (now we and some other partners). They have a modern air force. They produce their own block 52s, the only thing that we have to do is the software. AND THEY ARE TRAINED BY NATO, EQUIPPED BY NATO AND PROTECTED BY NATO. Even if they weren't in NATO, They already have skilled personnel and modern aircraft. The Saudi's only have the tech nothin more. Their pilots doesn't even know how to shortly takeoff in a combat situation. If you ask why they buy these stuff? Because they are afraid of being attacked by Iran. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas ?

I couldn't agree more,
We do have to make the regime change in Syria as quick and as less bloody as possible. Preferably without a direct military intervention. A new pro-Turkey regime will change the balance of the Middle East. We've seen US' example in Iraq. The Iraqi army will be fully equipped with US' weaponry in close future.

You will see a new Syria, armed and supplied by Turkey, It will put both Iran and Israel on edge :)

(the saudi guy who claimes that I should have more posts if my father's a US vet.) You fuckin don't have to believe me or my father. Check it out if you still think that you're an "expert" that picks up the sons of soldiers.the wing which he used to serve is this; the 39th AB Wing, 121st Air Refueling Wing, Flight Technician CWO3 Bradley J. *****. And I see that there's a missunderstanding. I'm agreeing that turkey is a regional power. But if the turks will intervene, they shouldn't do it alone. :)

(the saudi guy who claimes that I should have more posts if my father's a US vet.) You fuckin don't have to believe me or my father. Check it out if you still think that you're an "expert" that picks up the sons of soldiers.the wing which he used to serve is this; the 39th AB Wing, 121st Air Refueling Wing, Flight Technician CWO3 Bradley J. *****. And I see that there's a missunderstanding. I'm agreeing that turkey is a regional power. But if the turks will intervene, they shouldn't do it alone. :)

Worry about 中国

first.......

@DevilDog gosh you're a troll magnet :D

Anyway, there's not much left for Turkey to worry about. We can definitely do this solo..

I don't push them but the US gov't pushes them into war. And Legionere, don't call me like this again pls. I'm trying to be polite. My last post wasn't for you. It was for the Saudi son picker

Turks are unable to handle syria let alone Iran, so why push them in such a conflict?

I dont understand the point ''handling Syria''. Its not a army vs army case but well crap organized groups vs an official army and that cause always for chaos without any results. Turkish government thats SEPARATELY FROM TURKISH NATION AND ARMY giving the FSA (unknown group financied by Arabs and Jews) the posibility to use Turkish grounds as their 'back'' front. So at day they go to Syria to cause for chaos and when its night they come back to Turkish grounds to rest and secure themselves. And another thing is that this situation is well controlled by the media but we can see clearly that its not working anymore and that the media now seeing FSA as guilty. This happens when you are a pion of west. AKP ruined the view of Turkey with their idiotic foreign politics.

But if their was a real Turkish government that keeps Turkish benefits in first place and that there would be a possible Turkey - Syria conlifct.. Man Turkey would destroy Syrian army less than 24 hours. We all know the capabilities and experience of Turkish Nation. We cant deny that.

tyrant dude, I'm getting the feeling of your courdice, the current nature of KSA, as against IRAQ and now you want Turkey to involve to save your own a$$. You hide behind Uncle SAM, why not without the UNCLE you go ahead and show your superiority as middles eastern, only, power. And what you think we all are morons? Are you a kid, because it seems so? War without jets, with foot soldiers, what can I say but LOL.

I don't push them but the US gov't pushes them into war. And Legionere, don't call me like this again pls. I'm trying to be polite. My last post wasn't for you. It was for the Saudi son picker
Well, I'm not... That "saudi guy" and his likes are making this forum a tiring place. I have no respect for em.
But if their was a real Turkish government that keeps Turkish benefits in first place and that there would be a possible Turkey - Syria conlifct.. Man Turkey would destroy Syrian army less than 24 hours. We all know the capabilities and experience of Turkish Nation. We cant deny that.
So what happened? Change of heart? You were saying Syrian air defence systems would destroy TURAF...

We could stop this civil war a year ago, you kept defending Syrian regime back then. I don't see any point in a direct intervention now that things already shaped without us. Suddenly you come up with pro-war views... I mean WTF :)

@LegionnairE

So what happened? Change of heart? You were saying Syrian air defence systems would destroy TURAF...

We could stop this civil war a year ago, you kept defending Syrian regime back then. I don't see any point in a direct intervention now that things already shaped without us. Suddenly you come up with pro-war views... I mean WTF

The Civil War is not only restrictet to northern Syria, if we want to bring freedom to Syria we need to bring Assad out of Power. Turkey lacks on the Cappabillities for such Operation, we are not the US ! The only possible Action is to establish a Buffer Zone in northern Syria but a Regime Change or ending of Civil War seems impossible for me !

Off topic but:
After all the rhetoric you had and all the deadlines and red-lines, you finally had to attack somewhere this fall. Who better than Sudan? Easy and safe...
Lol...I always laugh at those who say "such and such only attack the weak..." Any one with brains attacks at an enemy's vulnerable spot....and if done well makes it look easy. They said the same when we attack Iraq...if it is so dang easy...why did Iran take 8years to get no where? And if Isreal only fights the weak...then all of the countries in the region are weak (even Pakistan claims to have been in on the Isreali wars)

@LegionnairE

The Civil War is not only restrictet to northern Syria, if we want to bring freedom to Syria we need to bring Assad out of Power. Turkey lacks on the Cappabillities for such Operation, we are not the US ! The only possible Action is to establish a Buffer Zone in northern Syria but a Regime Change or ending of Civil War seems impossible for me !
Inferiority complex my friend?

Turkish 2. Army is more than capable of launching a full-scale invasion of Syria. Especially now in a time when Syrian Army's in such a disarray.

Our interests lies in both Northern and Southern Syria, we want to destroy PYD and establish a buffer zone to the north and we want military bases and installations to the south. Whatever our goals are, the priority is to make the regime change in Syria as quick as possible.

Buffer-zone is just a temporary measure untill the civil war is over, establishing a pro-Turkey regime is of greater importancy.

Well, I'm not... That "saudi guy" and his likes are making this forum a tiring place. I have no respect for em.

We could stop this civil war a year ago, you kept defending Syrian regime back then. I don't see any point in a direct intervention now that things already shaped without us. Suddenly you come up with pro-war views... I mean WTF :)

Yes Russia will help Syria if AKP keep supporting FSA and creating lies to invade Syria. In other scenario Russia will not have the excuse to help Syria Agains Turkey with their AA systems so Syria would be a easier target for Turkish Air Force. But because the fact that Syria is stuck to our grounds, we dont need a big air force operation. We can handle this by invasion to.

We could stop the civil war by not interfere other countries internal politics and cases. And the funny thing is that it was not a uprise by the people self but a media controlled lie to put FSA on front page with excuse that they are represent the Syrian people while in fact they represent not even 10% of it.

And last but not least to shut your mouth:

"Bir gün, Birinci Cihan Harbi'nden sonra Ortadoğu'da kurulan suni devletlerin halkları ayaklanacaktır. O gün geldiğinde, yeni kurduğumuz cumhuriyetimizin yöneticileri, bu halkların değil, emperyalist güçlerin yanında yer alırsa, aynı akıbete kendileri uğrayacaktır. Ve Kurtuluş Savaşı'nda yedi düvele haddini bildiren Türk halkı onların da hakkından gelecektir."

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk

Again, just remove Ataturk's picture from your display. Thank you.

Inferiority complex my friend?

Turkish 2. Army is more than capable of launching a full-scale invasion of Syria. Especially now in a time when Syrian Army's in such a disarray.

Our interests lies in both Northern and Southern Syria, we want to destroy PYD and establish a buffer zone to the north and we want military bases and installations to the south. Whatever our goals are, the priority is to make the regime change in Syria as quick as possible.

Buffer-zone is just a temporary measure untill the civil war is over, establishing a pro-Turkey regime is of greater importancy.

My Concerns have not anything to do with Inferiority Complexes !

In my Opinion turkish Army is lacking on a strong modern Tank Fleet in the SE Region, our M-48A5 have some minor Advantages against the Syrian T-72, T64. The Advantages which Turkey have against Assads Tropp are that our Crews are better trained and Tanks are equippt with FCS and Night Vision ! They can knock out our Tanks easyly with RPG and their outdatet Guns on their Tanks ! We also not have a strong Attack Helicopter Fleet !

The Delivery of Stand - Off Munition like SOM even just begann, it takes Years to have these Weapons fully Operational.

Even after a Succesfull military Operation against Assads Troops, turkish Army will be exhausted. I doubt we could stand against emerging Threats in the Region, like Israel with an exhausted Army ! Israel will be a far greater Threat to Turkey like Assad !

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom