What's new

Opinion: Turkey not a regional power.

SOM is fully operational. Not just SOM's ALCM version, but land based SOM also in TSK's inventory.

SOM is fully operational. Not just SOM's ALCM version, but land based SOM also in TSK's inventory.

Deliveries will take Years ! For example German Air Force odererd 600 Taurus ALCM, the deliveries begann 2006 and ended 2011. I there will be enough SOM Ready for Action !

@Babur Han

1)M48s did very good against soviet junk in Cyprus they can very well do it again. M60A3s in Syrian border now, theirs maybe homogen steel armor but they still weigh 60+ tons. Anyway technical differences aside, Asad's forces have suffered serious attrition, they have less tanks left and are in poor morale and training. They are spreaded to fight the rebellion, they pose little to no threat.

2)Another point you've missed is that Turkey's over 30+ AH1P/S attack helicopters are unable to fight in mountainous area against PKK but in Syrian desert they can do very good damage. Note that we only use AH1W Super Cobras and brand new T129s against PKK.

3)The requirement for SOMs is very low, we've got 300+SLAM-ERs Thousands of laser-guided missles and various other munitions. Turkish Armed Forces doesn't sit by and wait for Turkish defence industry.

4) We will only use 1(one) army to take out Asad in a probable conflict.

We could stop the civil war by not interfere other countries internal politics and cases.
Sure,
Atatürk said:
"Bir gün, Birinci Cihan Harbi'nden sonra Ortadoğu'da kurulan suni devletlerin halkları ayaklanacaktır."
Bored of your contradictions :) Classifying a country as 'artificial' and trying to show respect to it's sovereignty in the very same post :)

@Babur Han

1)M48s did very good against soviet junk in Cyprus they can very well do it again. M60A3s in Syrian border now, theirs maybe homogen steel armor but they still weigh 60+ tons. Anyway technical differences aside, Asad's forces have suffered serious attrition, they have less tanks left and are in poor morale and training. They are spreaded to fight the rebellion, they pose little to no threat.

2)Another point you've missed is that Turkey's over 30+ AH1P/S attack helicopters are unable to fight in mountainous area against PKK but in Syrian desert they can do very good damage. Note that we only use AH1W Super Cobras and brand new T129s against PKK.

3)The requirement for SOMs is very low, we've got 300+SLAM-ERs Thousands of laser-guided missles and various other munitions. Turkish Armed Forces doesn't sit by and wait for Turkish defence industry.

4) We will only use 1(one) army to take out Asad in a probable conflict.

A good case study for this would be the '71 Indo-Pak war where there was a popular uprising in East Pakistan (later Bangladesh) which we tried to crush using force due to indications (that later turned to be true) that some of the major players involved were Indian proxies pandering to the Indian agenda. Months of military crackdowns on the rebels with killings & counter-killings later (we're accused of killing around 3 million Bengalis - a charge we vehemently deny) & Indian support to the rebels along with the infiltration of Indian soldiers themselves into the Rebel Cadre, a pre-emptive action by Pakistan to attack India in anticipation of the war saw us stretched thin across East Pakistan, vastly out-numbered, out-gunned, facing a hostile population & cut-off from mainland Pakistan. A few days later the sovereign state of Bangladesh was formed with Pakistan suffering an earth shattering defeat at the hands of the Indians, the East-Pakistani politicians & the civilian elite.

Never again was our solemn pledge & thats when Pakistan's nuclear program was truly born.

The thing is, It isn't just about syria. If the FSA wins, Uncle Sam and Israel will rule the mid-east that's why they are pushin turkey into war. But if that bastard wins, Russia and Iran will rule the region, and it will also put an end for the Israeli threat to Iran. And the west will got weakened. That's why the States and the West supply them. If it was only about a civil war, who cares? (but I cares. IMO, sby should end this war now, not only turkey, we need to handle that **** too.). And second, Syria's been already invaded by intelligence agencies. I just read an article about the covert ops in Syria. It also said that, france and turkey was involved in clandestine ops too. (I don't even count on CIA and MI6). Is that true? I mean the turkish and french clandestine ops in syria? Serious answers only.

@DevilDog... Turkish-French relations was f. up beyond reason during the rule of Sarkozy, now things may be improving but i don't expect much.

We just caught Iran dealing with PKK behind us, Turkey can't trust Iran with Syria's control much less with nuclear weapons. This is all i know, Asad has to go down. We have a common goal here which might have brought us close enough to co-operate.

The Saudi's only have the tech nothin more. Their pilots doesn't even know how to shortly takeoff in a combat situation. If you ask why they buy these stuff? Because they are afraid of being attacked by Iran. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas ?

I am eagerly waiting for proof of your accusations. I have spoken to Ex-American and British pilots personally recently when I was stationed in the Air Force base hospital in my city during my rotation. They themselves say originally we had this misconception of the quality of the Arab pilots in general and Gulf pilots in particular but all of that was blown out of the window when we came here.

The Ex-American pilot hired as an F-15C training instructor said himself "They are just like American pilots". Unless you know more than him please do share your experience.

First of all I have respect for every soldier that serves to his country. I haven't got an ISLAMFOBIA. I meant these pilots are not as skilled as any other nato country's pilots (including france, italy, us, uk, turkey, germany). Of course some of your pilots are highly skilled . Yes we have skilled personnel too but not the best in the world. I'm saying these. Bcz I read comments that claim saudi pilots are better trained than turkish pilots. That's what I disagree. And I'm not the only guy who's sayin that. My father who's in the air force (CWO3, served in afghanistan, germany and turkey) and his friends from the USAF also agree with him. I dunno as much as your friend but my father and the people like him does. 916th Air Refuelling Wing, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina. P.S I HAVE NO OFFENCE FOR ANYONE. ???

First of all I have respect for every soldier that serves to his country. I haven't got an ISLAMFOBIA. I meant these pilots are not as skilled as any other nato country's pilots (including france, italy, us, uk, turkey, germany). Of course some of your pilots are highly skilled . Yes we have skilled personnel too but not the best in the world. I'm saying these. Bcz I read comments that claim saudi pilots are better trained than turkish pilots. That's what I disagree. And I'm not the only guy who's sayin that. My father who's in the air force (CWO3, served in afghanistan, germany and turkey) and his friends from the USAF also agree with him. I dunno as much as your friend but my father and the people like him does. 916th Air Refuelling Wing, Seymour Johnson AFB, North Carolina. P.S I HAVE NO OFFENCE FOR ANYONE. ???

I never claimed that Saudi pilots are better than Turkish pilots. Turkish pilots follow the NATO standards policy regarding pilots and this means automatically that anyone of them that is cleared to fly a plane have met those standards. However claiming that Saudi pilots are unable to achieve short take off in combat situations just to take a jab at someone is somewhat offensive.

I agree that the mean skill ratio of our pilots maybe under that of NATO's. And we are still writing our operations guide books in our Air Force as only recently the military was genuinely supported by the government for a myriad of reasons however all Military Air Force personnel that have served side by side with the RSAF all say that our Air Force skill and training is the closest in the region to Israeli/NATO standards. What we lack is combat experience even though all prospects of Air combat always ended before they even started most prominently is the Tanker war which ended when RSAF F-15C shot down 2 Iranian F-4s over the Gulf and they didn't dare to go for a fight because they knew they would quickly lose, also the Iraqi bombing of Saudi Oil fields operation before which also was aborted after a Saudi F-15C shot down 2 mirages making the Iraqis cancel any future plans of Air Intrusion into Saudi Air Space.

We did not get into a real Air-Air combat experience mainly due to fear of our Air Force capabilities so our pilots are stuck fine tuning their skills through regular exercises. Of which we do a plenty, dare I say one of the most in the world in this aspect as well.

I read an article about this "short takeoff failure" in airint. So there was a misunderstanding between you and me. I hope that I did not behave furiously or jealously. And Good luck on your military career and your air force of course. :)

Back
Top Bottom