What's new

Opinion: Turkey not a regional power.

In my idea, after the Syrian conflict is over, we (KSA) have to normalize relations with Iran based on mutual benefits.
KSA is spending too much energy on Iran. Let Israel take care of them, if they are real enemies.
I don't see that happening. There will still be the issue of Bahrain, Yemen and Iraq. Until there is a regime change in Iran, we will not entertain the idea.

As long as both our countries are being rulled by a bunch of theocratic batshit crazy nutjobs, that will only be a dream. Thankfully in Iran the people are culturally different from the batshit crazy mullahs and the religous class (they're a class all to their own in Iran). You remove them from power and their house of cards will crumble (who knows when the **** that can happen). The saudi religous establishment has a much thicker root in saudi society (Islam is arabic and with a century of wahabi islam native to saudi arabia, I don't see the same degree of cultural division between the establishment and the public).

For now the two theocratic regimes will go at it and drag the sane people of Iran and saudi down with them.

Saudi Arabia is not remotely theocratic. KSA is a monarchy that uses religion as a political tool in more ways than could be imagined. Iran however uses willayt alfaqeh which is the definition of theocracy. That being said, I believe that it is much more likely that any new regime in KSA will be religious rather than secular.

On topic, I think Turkey has done a great deal to support FSA. The problem is with Saudi Arabia and Jordan. Jordan is too weak, while Saudi Arabia is too passive on almost all international issues and won't dream of intervening in other countries unless they were tiny satellite states like Bahrain.

Ḥashshāshīn;3544684 said:
Why US should do the Israeli job?
Israel always did its own job. Sudan is just recent example.

Israeli F-16s can easily reach Iran.
Regular F-16 can barely reach Baghdad. F-16 with conformal tanks - hard to tell.

Yeah i give you that, I'd expect a country in Israel's position to think about it's own national security but you've grown beyond that, you actually have imperial ambitions now congratz :D

Regular F-16 can barely reach Baghdad. F-16 with conformal tanks - hard to tell.

Don't be a puzzy, you have air-refueling capability :)

Off topic but:
After all the rhetoric you had and all the deadlines and red-lines, you finally had to attack somewhere this fall. Who better than Sudan? Easy and safe...

I don't see that happening. There will still be the issue of Bahrain, Yemen and Iraq. Until there is a regime change in Iran, we will not entertain the idea.

I agree that it is very difficult but I think there is a clear winner in Bahrain and Yemen issues. I hope Iranians see that.
Regarding the Iraq: We have the Sunnis, let them have the Shiites.

We are village power. Let the enemies underestimate mighty Turks

First of all I wanna say that my dad's an CWO3 in the air force. He served in Incirlik AB for 2 years. So I know a few about turkey. Turkey's doing good. They don't want to take action againist Assad. If they did, it wouldn't take more than 3 days. But it would take years to withdraw from there. In my op an alliance should do it with a Turkish led nato battle group. P.S Maybe Saudis have F-15s, Eurofighters, tornados. But turkey has the most superior AF in the region after Israel. They were used to be trained by the IAF (now we and some other partners). They have a modern air force. They produce their own block 52s, the only thing that we have to do is the software. AND THEY ARE TRAINED BY NATO, EQUIPPED BY NATO AND PROTECTED BY NATO. Even if they weren't in NATO, They already have skilled personnel and modern aircraft. The Saudi's only have the tech nothin more. Their pilots doesn't even know how to shortly takeoff in a combat situation. If you ask why they buy these stuff? Because they are afraid of being attacked by Iran. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas ?

First of all I wanna say that my dad's an CWO3 in the air force. He served in Incirlik AB for 2 years. So I know a few about turkey. Turkey's doing good. They don't want to take action againist Assad. If they did, it wouldn't take more than 3 days. But it would take years to withdraw from there. In my op an alliance should do it with a Turkish led nato battle group. P.S Maybe Saudis have F-15s, Eurofighters, tornados. But turkey has the most superior AF in the region after Israel. They were used to be trained by the IAF (now we and some other partners). They have a modern air force. They produce their own block 52s, the only thing that we have to do is the software. AND THEY ARE TRAINED BY NATO, EQUIPPED BY NATO AND PROTECTED BY NATO. Even if they weren't in NATO, They already have skilled personnel and modern aircraft. The Saudi's only have the tech nothin more. Their pilots doesn't even know how to shortly takeoff in a combat situation. If you ask why they buy these stuff? Because they are afraid of being attacked by Iran. Correct me if I'm wrong fellas ?

Hell of a troll you are :D

HAHA, Son of a US veteran and two posts so far. It takes a while for me to believe you!

Focus on the topic instead of individual posts..It would be more constructive

We are talking about a region including Turkey so whats the deal? Its not a individual post, its a post that weakens his arguments about Israel. We all know that Israel cant do anything by alone. Just like first war with Arabs. It was a last minute save by British otherwhise the Jews would be thrown in the Mediterranean Sea.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom