What's new

Opinion: Turkey not a regional power.

Oh please stop this Israel card. Saudi's gave permission to go over their airspace to attack Iran if the need arises. Right now Saudi is more pro-Israel than any other Arab country. You guys are buying $60 billion of weapons and I can't see that happen unless Israel gives it's node to US for such a weapon transfer. So don't play Israel card.

And Syria will never be in Saudi Camp. They may in the end agree to let assad go and replace him with someone else as well as some political reforms but Syria will continue to be in Iran, Iraq, Russia camp. Russia's got Chechnya to look after and Iran Sistan-Baluchistan. These countries know what a syria in Saudi camp mean and so does the USA. Moreover Iran is all the more dependent on Syria for arming hamas and give it's best.

As far as Baa'th siding with India is concerned, so did sunni Saddam husein. So it doesn't matter. You are just trying to get some help from Pak people on this forum by propagating divisions along he supported India, next wont. But it is really ludicrous.

My GOD... This post contains sooo much FAIL.... seriously go "READ" before you make a mockery of yourself :no:

First: of all the news was denied a long time ago.
Second: majority of Syrians have ALWAYS been Pro-Saudi since the beginning, I should know I went to school with 13 Syrians :no:

Third: Saddam Hussien IS HIMSELF Ba'ath party which is the point of the whole thing :cheesy:

Epic facepalm man EPIC facepalm.... Seriously go "READ", it is not that hard I know you can eventually do it if you set your mind into it. I believe in you :P

You are more than free to feel proud of your home made knife. I will just use my bought Gun, same concept. And OMG you really are zilch on the left aren't you when it comes to military tech and equipment aren't you??

I guess you haven't heard of the Second Lebanon War and Israel's missile defense which wasn't capable of intercepting dozens of incoming rockets.

Dear you can send your first few missiles but we have a very advanced Anti-Ballistic Missile system to take the first few out. And THEN, we have very capably SEAD mission platforms and armaments that Iran in no way shape or form can stop. From ALARM Anti-Rads to Storm Shadows, To AGM-Mavrics, To HARMs, To Sea Eagles, Not to mention the JDAMs and EW systems.

There is no doubt, not even with foreign experts, that Iran is capable of hitting your large oil fields and other targets. I guess you can look up those reports or analyzes.

I give it 30 Hours maximum before entire Iran is left without even Triple As. I love this mentality you guys have, "Just send missiles on their oil and they will surrender and bend over immediately in the face of the Persian Might". :Rofl:

You really have a lot to learn. We are the one sitting here on a position of military superiority NOT you.

30 hours is enough to shut down your countries economy for a long while. Military superiority only in means of technology, which the west is providing you guys, but organizationally you guys haven't learned anything. I guess all the Arab wars in the 20th century has proved that already

I guess you haven't heard of the Second Lebanon War and Israel's missile defense which wasn't capable of intercepting dozens of incoming rockets.

Dear you can send your first few missiles but we have a very advanced Anti-Ballistic Missile system to take the first few out. And THEN, we have very capably SEAD mission platforms and armaments that Iran in no way shape or form can stop. From ALARM Anti-Rads to Storm Shadows, To AGM-Mavrics, To HARMs, To Sea Eagles, Not to mention the JDAMs and EW systems. /quote]

There is no doubt, not even with foreign experts, that Iran is capable of hitting your large oil fields and other targets. I guess you can look up those reports or analyzes.

30 hours is enough to shut down your countries economy for a long while.

Apparently you too must do the very complex art of "READING". Tactical Ballistic missiles and grads are two very different classes of missiles FYI. Patriot and S-300+ system are for Tactical ballistic missiles not fireworks. I am very eager to see Iranian grads reach from one side of the gulf to the next :rofl:

Iran can "Try". But even if it did hit them, expect a payback. Not like the entire country is going to vanish into the void. In fact while the missiles are still on the way, GCC Air Force will be already in a mission to SEAD and Destroy the whole entirety of Iran.

And again FYI: We have A LOT of friends ;) . I would love to see Saudi Oil's biggest buyer (CHINA)'s reaction to you bombing their main source of energy in the world.... I think the Chinese themselves will be the one invading you not the Americans then :lol:

Surenas I have a homework for you: I want you to go and check all the technical names I have said previously in this thread and read them carefully. It should do you A LOT of help.

30 hours is enough to shut down your countries economy for a long while. Military superiority only in means of technology, which the west is providing you guys, but organizationally you guys haven't learned anything. I guess all the Arab wars in the 20th century has proved that already

"Only in means of technology"?? Oh yeah sure that is not an important point at all. What are missile ranges anyways right? Hogwash that is what it is. What is aircraft availability, number of sustained sorties, Loiter time, SEAD, CAS, payload per sortie? What is all that?? It is just big BS that is what it is, because int he end of the day we are Arabs and you are mighty Persians, and that is all that matters right??

^ That was sarcasm by the way, in case you have trouble understanding that concept please google it. Thank you.

Rest of the post is not even worth replying to since it is even more laughable.

Don't underestimate the persians. Well anyone would tell that they are a good army and infact the only country that Israel gives some damn to. Moreover they are fast learners. Didn't just a few days back a drone breached Israel's airspace and 30,000 computers at Saudi oil company were damaged in cyber attack. That speaks for iran. It is well ahead of Arabs in sabotage and espionage.

Nope, they are the only ones who get caught ;)

Arabs should stop looking to other nation for their own problems. They are militarily, numerically and financially strong enough to solve their own problems. I mean for the Palestinian problem which is essentially a Arab-Jew problem they have made it into a Muslim-Jew problem, regarding the Iranians which is again a Arab vs Persian historical rivalry they are trying to make it into a Sunni vs Shia issue for wider support, now this issue which is again a Arab issue and they are looking to Turkey to do their job.

Actually I appreciate the geo-strategic sense behing that.

In my idea, after the Syrian conflict is over, we (KSA) have to normalize relations with Iran based on mutual benefits.
KSA is spending too much energy on Iran. Let Israel take care of them, if they are real enemies.

In my idea, after the Syrian conflict is over, we (KSA) have to normalize relations with Iran based on mutual benefits.
KSA is spending too much energy on Iran. Let Israel take care of them, if they are real enemies.

As long as both our countries are being rulled by a bunch of theocratic batshit crazy nutjobs, that will only be a dream. Thankfully in Iran the people are culturally different from the batshit crazy mullahs and the religous class (they're a class all to their own in Iran). You remove them from power and their house of cards will crumble (who knows when the **** that can happen). The saudi religous establishment has a much thicker root in saudi society (Islam is arabic and with a century of wahabi islam native to saudi arabia, I don't see the same degree of cultural division between the establishment and the public).

For now the two theocratic regimes will go at it and drag the sane people of Iran and saudi down with them.

As long as both our countries are being rulled by a bunch of theocratic batshit crazy nutjobs, that will only be a dream. Thankfully in Iran the people are culturally different from the batshit crazy mullahs and the religous class (they're a class all to their own in Iran). You remove them from power and their house of cards will crumble (who knows when the **** that can happen). The saudi religous establishment has a much thicker root in saudi society (Islam is arabic and with a century of wahabi islam native to saudi arabia, I don't see the same degree of cultural division between the establishment and the public).

For now the two theocratic regimes will go at it and drag the sane people of Iran and saudi down with them.

You highly overestimate the theocratic religious establishment's power in Saudi Arabia. In fact if I do say so myself they are losing and are losing big time and very fast. Because simply most people are too Educated for their $hit now and this is based on my own observations as someone who is actually living here.

maybe it has stronger roots in Qassim area but not anywhere else.

You highly overestimate the theocratic religious establishment's power in Saudi Arabia. In fact if I do say so myself they are losing and are losing big time and very fast. Because simply most people are too Educated for their $hit now and this is based on my own observations as someone who is actually living here.

maybe it has stronger roots in Qassim area but not anywhere else.
Well, would you agree that the Saudi system requires much less force to operate than the Iranian system? That shows that they have a much higher support from the people and it's not just about money and handouts. Many people actually live according to the teachings of the establishment (or try to). Only the youth rebel. In Iran, there is a constant conflict between the people and the establishment. In essense, the shia clergy would love to have a society identical to that of Saudi Arabia where women don't drive and cinemas are banned. They even tried to ban cinemas at the start of the revolution. Almost everything in Iran is forced, from the way people dress to the way they speak to the way they conduct themselves. At home most people drink, there is widespread pre-marital sex, the vast majority of ppl don't pray and don't even know how to pray, women only wear the hijab because they're forced and the second they're at home the hijab comes off (even if there are hundreds of people in a party behind closed doors, nobody wears hijab), everybody loves the West etc... I can go on and on. The mullahs in Iran have failed to bring people on their side, but they have managed to CREATE drones for themselves and they are your famous basiji militias. Other than that, they really have no support among any class, ethnicity or age group.

In a way it means that they're harder to topple than the saudi regime, but at the same time it means that once they're out, the Iranian society will take a 180 and change direction. I don't see the Saudi society changing much in the mid to long-term future. Sure, women will start voting and driving and more and more individual changes will come, but things will end there. Even now in theocratic Iran, you can see women in every sector of society. There are even female fire departments and they operate the exact same way as male fire fighters do. Female taxis are everywhere. Women outnumber men in many sectors and of course, the people themselves are very liberal (compared to other middle easterners and pakistanis/Afghans).

So I'm not just talking about identifiable entities or laws like the morality police or law X or Y. Change will come in both countries, but change in Iran will be much much more dramatic if the regime falls compared to if the Saudi establishment falls. In any case, the shia/sunni fight that's happening will stop, b/c in Iran's case at least, nobody other than these ******* two bit bat **** crazy mullahs cares about spreading shiaism. Heck, most people in Iran don't even know how to pray! I prayed for years in the Iranian school without actually knowing how to. Me and my friends just followed everyone else up and down and kind of repeated the arabic stuff to the best of our abilities. Our parents couldn't even teach us b/c they themselves didn't know. Our only chance was the quran/dini classes at school, but most of the times nobody learned a damn thing in those classes. By the time the school bus had dropped us off at home, we'd have forgotten all the arabic verses and the mumbo jumbo that they thought us at school

My advice would be for Turkey and Iran to stay away from middle-eastern Arab conflicts . Stay happy and further develop your countries .

Getting involved will lead to domestic troubles particularly with rise of extremists .

There are more than enough Arabs and Arab countries to deal with their own problems , be they with Israel or Syria .

But Turkey's Erdogan and Iranian Mullahs seem to have other plans .

South Asia has it's own experiences with this. Look what has become of Pakistan due to getting involved in the Kashmir issue and the Afghan civil war .

India too had to face lots of crap in the 80s and early 90s due to interference in the Sri Lankan civil war . In the end it only hurts you .

Well, would you agree that the Saudi system requires much less force to operate than the Iranian system? That shows that they have a much higher support from the people and it's not just about money and handouts. Many people actually live according to the teachings of the establishment (or try to). Only the youth rebel. In Iran, there is a constant conflict between the people and the establishment. In essense, the shia clergy would love to have a society identical to that of Saudi Arabia where women don't drive and cinemas are banned. They even tried to ban cinemas at the start of the revolution. Almost everything in Iran is forced, from the way people dress to the way they speak to the way they conduct themselves. At home most people drink, there is widespread pre-marital sex, the vast majority of ppl don't pray and don't even know how to pray, women only wear the hijab because they're forced and the second they're at home the hijab comes off (even if there are hundreds of people in a party behind closed doors, nobody wears hijab), everybody loves the West etc... I can go on and on. The mullahs in Iran have failed to bring people on their side, but they have managed to CREATE drones for themselves and they are your famous basiji militias. Other than that, they really have no support among any class, ethnicity or age group.

In a way it means that they're harder to topple than the saudi regime, but at the same time it means that once they're out, the Iranian society will take a 180 and change direction. I don't see the Saudi society changing much in the mid to long-term future. Sure, women will start voting and driving and more and more individual changes will come, but things will end there. Even now in theocratic Iran, you can see women in every sector of society. There are even female fire departments and they operate the exact same way as male fire fighters do. Female taxis are everywhere. Women outnumber men in many sectors and of course, the people themselves are very liberal (compared to other middle easterners and pakistanis/Afghans).

So I'm not just talking about identifiable entities or laws like the morality police or law X or Y. Change will come in both countries, but change in Iran will be much much more dramatic if the regime falls compared to if the Saudi establishment falls. In any case, the shia/sunni fight that's happening will stop, b/c in Iran's case at least, nobody other than these ******* two bit bat **** crazy mullahs cares about spreading shiaism. Heck, most people in Iran don't even know how to pray! I prayed for years in the Iranian school without actually knowing how to. Me and my friends just followed everyone else up and down and kind of repeated the arabic stuff to the best of our abilities. Our parents couldn't even teach us b/c they themselves didn't know. Our only chance was the quran/dini classes at school, but most of the times nobody learned a damn thing in those classes. By the time the school bus had dropped us off at home, we'd have forgotten all the arabic verses and the mumbo jumbo that they thought us at school

But i have found that most Iranians from Iran on this forum seem quite religious .

The region has 4 main military/cultural/history powers: KSA, Turkey, Iran, Egypt.
I do not think that any country can claim a visible superiority at this point. Iraq is a potential 5th power.

But i have found that most Iranians from Iran on this forum seem quite religious .
A couple of them are and they're here b/c of the nature of the forum. Most people in Iran who are into military stuff are regime supporters and that automatically means they're religous. The rest of the guys aren't religous at all.

btw, we're talking by Middle Eastern standards here.

Back
Top Bottom