What's new

Opinion: Turkey not a regional power.

I think it's waste to talk about regional power and what we should be doing. I think what's important is to make sure the citizens of turkey has their rights and they have a job. A man working to feed his family won't cause trouble. All the while making sure the economy grows and we develope our country.

I don't think there is a danger of a kurdish uprising in turkey, however i want the syrian refugees out in the next 2-3 years. They have no connection to turkey so keeping them in camps is necessary to avoid them spreading out. The same problem can be observed here in Denmark, immigration camps and refugee camps etc. people in those camps move around freely in Denmark and break into peoples homes etc. Despicable.

TR.1. post about having an objective is correct. I just read a book written by a danish UN soldier who served on cyprus up to and during the division 1974, and I can tell you he doesn't like turks, but even from his bibliography it was pretty clear that G.C.+Greek junta was at fault. The world was busy pretending nothing was happening, and turkey chose not to ignore it.

If you are interested in reading the book its name is "Cypern i flammer", however I think it can only be found in danish.

This is comparison. And, history thought humanity that having the most modern weapons doesn't mean you will win the war. Does Saudi Arabia has the industrial base for maintaining its fighter fleet? What is their training level? Please compare TuAF boys' flying hours withg their Saudi counterparts then talk.
And your point is? Turkey is not a regional power because it did not invade Syria, am I right?

RSAF doesn't have f-16s, just saying.

We have the most sophisticated over-haul industry in the Middle East. Our pilots get from 250-350 hours a year, one of the highest in the world.

Tyrant is just voicing an opinion, no need to jump and attack him like this.

Saudi Arabia has a one of the strongest Air Force in the region, so the question is why has Saudi Arabia not imposed a " No Fly Zone " over Syrian Air Space ?

Saudi Arabia has a one of the strongest Air Force in the region, so the question is why has Saudi Arabia not imposed a " No Fly Zone " over Syrian Air Space ?

Perhaps the Syrian SAM systems prevent that along with the reluctance of tangible movement on this issue by some of the bigger players (the US).

We have the most sophisticated over-haul industry in the Middle East. Our pilots get from 250-350 hours a year, one of the highest in the world.

hes trolling aswell though . this thread aint to compare our armies or industries , lets stick to topicc

I'm not here to compare countries, Tyrant stated what regional powers must do, then I explained my opinions.

Please tyrant, can you explain us what real regional power SA can do and Turkey can't? Just asking.

Btw it is funny that real trolls define me as troll.

Perhaps the Syrian SAM systems prevent that along with the reluctance of tangible movement on this issue by some of the bigger players (the US).

Assad's SAMs are easy targets for Saudi and Turkish cruise missiles of which both have plenty. There is no country in the middile east that can stand a chance against combined Turkish-Saudi air force foray.

Both are very equipped and both are cleared to do numerous types of missions. From SEAD to CAS in fact both countries can take down Assadi air defenses and air force alone very capably, how about together.

Because we have $hit politicians who are against Saudi forces commettig to any operation outside our borders.

Turkiye is already too involved in Syria,there no need for more intervention.
If Saudis or other Arabs think someone should intervene,they should do it themselves (rather than sending terror squads or armed gangs),maybe we can see how those fancy toys operate in in real war conditions.

Pakistan must step up to save the Arab world. Scramble F-16's and JF-17's over Syrian airspace and establish a no fly zone and save the extremist rebels.

Pakistan is also the only country in the "arab" world with nuclear weapons. In short, a better equipped force capable of singlehandedly deposing the assad regime.

Turkey is one of the few countries in ME whose foreign policy is not based on the mob emotions(religious/sectarian) but the rational decisions benefiting the nation

Turkey has taken into account the positives and negatives before taking the current stance on Syria issue

Fm Davutoglu: Yes, We Are The New Ottomans

SUMMARY: In a recent speech before the governing Justice and Development Party (AKP) retreat, Turkey's Foreign Minister Davutoglu appeared to embrace the concept of Neo-Ottomanism as a framework for Turkish foreign policy. Though Davutoglu and the MFA have tried to step back from the statement (which they insist was taken out of context), the concept reinforces Turkey's aspirations to re-engage estranged neighbors and to serve as mediator in conflicts in the Middle East and the Balkans -- particularly coming so soon after Davutoglu's Sarajevo speech, which raised some hackles in the region. It also leaves AKP open to criticisms of "creeping" Islamization, naivete, and anti-Westernism. END SUMMARY.

Turkey is not a regional power. To be a regional power you need to have at least a missile system that can reach a distance of1500 km and need good AA systems. Turkeys only great power is its belief and men. And this is only based on defence not attack. That time is over.

Assad's SAMs are easy targets for Saudi and Turkish cruise missiles of which both have plenty. There is no country in the middile east that can stand a chance against combined Turkish-Saudi air force foray.

Both are very equipped and both are cleared to do numerous types of missions. From SEAD to CAS in fact both countries can take down Assadi air defenses and air force alone very capably, how about together.

Because we have $hit politicians who are against Saudi forces commettig to any operation outside our borders.

Ye I agree, especially now KSA armed with great air force of f-15 and ef unfortunately we have to wait till f-35 to get a good airforce and our plans to acquire large numbers of f-35 but even now we shouldn't even need to discuss it, assad is easy target but fsa enough and just need to be better armed

Its been 18 months, thousands dead, hundreds of thousands homeless, and that mass murderer is still killing his own people at will. How much more bloodshed would be needed before Middle eastern intervene ?

Like I said before Arab Heads have to come sit down with Syrian Assad so far non have taken the initiative They are interested in making millions-billions and both sides are stubborn enough therefore to end this A surprise massive coordinated air attack has to be taken with minimal civilian causalities strike and take out Assad. Syrian Army will laydown its Arms only if FSA is not given enough freedom to destabilize Syria it is not in the interest of Region to keep FSA an active tool, Arabs need not intervene to the extend once Assad is down call on local Political to get ready for Elections.

Personally I don't think Iran gets much out of Syria I don't know why "Iranian government" or "certain elements" of Iranian government want Assad in power instead Iranian government should have established strong relations with opposition and take Assad down politically which would be a welcome initiative on part of Iran and somehow make GCC to rethink their relationship with Iran, but at the same time had Arabs approached positively towards Iran post 1979 things would have been very normal I still believe there are extreme elements from both SA and Iran who are not interested in strong Iran-SA relationship.

Aeronaut...the biggest obstacle to the peace in that part of the Region is no middle eastern intervene that is why 42+ Years have gone by Palestine issue has not been resolved and shamefully it is US who is negotiating between Palestinians and israel and not SA. Imagine in 40 Years first Arab Head from Qatar has visited Gaza.

for 4 pages none Turkish member gave enough **** to answer to this thread, it's not our job to educate retards like tyrant.

First of all, SAMs are low-priority targets for cruise missiles. We have zillions of anti-radiation missiles AGM-88 HARMs, IAI Harpies and specalised SEAD squadrons to take out Syrian SAMs one by one. All that it takes is a political decision, in 72 hours we take Asad's head on a platter.

Oh save me the speech, TAI has a production-line of F16s, we got our own avionics suite for F16.

http://www.f-16.net/index.php?module=pagesetter let the facts speak, we've got pilots with 3000+ hours with F16 you still have a good decade to reach this.

And tyrant is a fool. Thank you...

Back
Top Bottom