What's new

Opinion: Turkey not a regional power.

You are talking about soap operas! Many countries in the region listen to Lebanese singers and songs. Is that a soft power for Lebanon?

Yes, actually. Holywood did conquer world for USA, now its Yeşilçam's turn. Oh, and btw, why did you picked up only "soap operas"? Can you say something about Saudi defence industry or something else I mentioned in my later post?
It seems you don't know the meaning of "soft power".

Yes, actually. Holywood did conquer world for USA, now its Yeşilçam's turn. Oh, and btw, why did you picked up only "soap operas"? Can you say something about Saudi defence industry or something else I mentioned in my later post?
It seems you don't know the meaning of "soft power".
My goal was not to compare. But:
Your main military power is your phantom and F16 squads. We have F15 and F16 squads too. You downgrade our military as if you make multiple target nuclear ICBM's.
My point is not this discussion though:
I mean the time to intervene in Syria is short. No US president will help you. After one more year, even Syrians will be tired and will be more than happy to see Assad in power. If you do not act now, you have to live with Assad for maybe 40 years (since he is kinda young)

Your main military power is your phantom and F16 squads. We have F15 and F16 squads too. You downgrade our military as if you make multiple target nuclear ICBM's.
I mean the time to intervene in Syria is short. No US president will help you. After one more year, even Syrians will be tired and will be more than happy to see Assad in power. If you do not act now, you have to live with Assad for maybe 40 years (since he is kinda young)

KSA doesn't have F-16s.

If you sum up all Arab countries, you will get only KSA.
Look at KSA actions:
We engaged in Bahrain and Yemen when we had to. We paid the price to the last penny. If we had not done that, we would have been fighting with Iranian proxies in mecca streets right now. THIS IS WHAT A REGIONAL POWER IS.
Look at Russia:
They paid the price and engaged in Georgia. They annexed a big chink of that country. Can you believe it? and now look at Georgia. They came back to their hug just recently! They acted well and got the benefit in a few years. THIS IS WHAT A REGIONAL POWER IS.
Look at Iran: They are fighting in more than 4 fronts (Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon, Erythrea, Afghanistan). They pay the price. Yes, There is a price for security.
This is comparison. And, history thought humanity that having the most modern weapons doesn't mean you will win the war. Does Saudi Arabia has the industrial base for maintaining its fighter fleet? What is their training level? Please compare TuAF boys' flying hours withg their Saudi counterparts then talk.
And your point is? Turkey is not a regional power because it did not invade Syria, am I right?

RSAF doesn't have f-16s, just saying.

Its been 18 months, thousands dead, hundreds of thousands homeless, and that mass murderer is still killing his own people at will. How much more bloodshed would be needed before Middle easterns intervene ?

Its so sad Indeed.
Everything will be more clear after Hajj.

This is comparison. And, history thought humanity that having the most modern weapons doesn't mean you will win the war. Does Saudi Arabia has the industrial base for maintaining its fighter fleet? What is their training level? Please compare TuAF boys' flying hours withg their Saudi counterparts then talk.
And your point is? Turkey is not a regional power because it did not invade Syria, am I right?

RSAF doesn't have f-16s, just saying.

Calm down now. he is not underestimating turkey. He is saying why turkey cant take an action against Assad Although he downed turkish jet and killed Turkish family two weeks ago.

look at our middle east this reminds me ancient Byzantium dynasty fights :disagree:

Calm down now. he is not underestimating turkey. He is saying why turkey cant take an action against Assad Although he downed turkish jet and killed Turkish family two weeks ago.

We don't know for sure who is responsible from the killing of Turkish family.

Turkey can't take an action against Assad, because it is not our moral duty. And we do not have spare lifes for scums like this, skip to 10:35:
Let the Assad and these guys with the pedophilia smile in their face kill each other. Turkey just need to provide safety to innocent civillians and wait until these scums extinct.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a question for Turkish brothers:
Why is Turkey chickening out in the Syrian issue? FSA has relied on them. Why is Turkey waiting for NATO to act? You know that Syrian army, although not week, can not handle your forces.
If you want to be a regional power, you should act like a regional power. Look at Iran. Did they wait for Russia to react? They would do the same thing, even if Russia and China were against them.
Why is not Turkey acting independently on this issue?
Maybe Turkish economy is very sensitive to war or people are not interested in the regional strategy.
It looks to me that Turkish economy growth was just a transient one, regarding the recent downfall of her economy to 3%.

My friend we are not chickening out, the generals had made all the plans incase anything and all of thir claims are that in a max of 48 hours we could be rolling in Damascus however let's put technical things to a side.

1. As we are the angel of the world, sign to every treaty and obide by them and in the Republic time we don't want to go continous wars unless we actually need to, like in 1963 when there was problems in Cyprus we didn't we thought it would stop but after when it carried on we had to react so.

2. As said by an ex airforce general, if we go in Syria what is our objective, he said yeah we can go in to Damascus in a matter of days but what is our objectives and also there isn't a justification for war.

3. FSA is going good believe me so let's just be patient, because even now FSA FLAGS are on borders.

To Surenas:
That is my point. As a regional power, you should be confident of your forces and step in.
Is Iran worried about the aftermath of its involvement? No.
I am not blaming your country. You are pretty good for your own benefits (Shia benefit).

Where did iran get involved isit invisible because I can't see it

If you sum up all Arab countries, you will get only KSA.
Look at KSA actions:
We engaged in Bahrain and Yemen when we had to. We paid the price to the last penny. If we had not done that, we would have been fighting with Iranian proxies in mecca streets right now. THIS IS WHAT A REGIONAL POWER IS.
Look at Russia:
They paid the price and engaged in Georgia. They annexed a big chink of that country. Can you believe it? and now look at Georgia. They came back to their hug just recently! They acted well and got the benefit in a few years. THIS IS WHAT A REGIONAL POWER IS.
Look at Iran: They are fighting in more than 4 fronts (Syria, Yemen, Iraq, Lebanon, Erythrea, Afghanistan). They pay the price. Yes, There is a price for security.

MY FRIEND YOU HAVE VERY BIG MISTAKES, RUSSIA ONE IS COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GEORGIA ACTED MADLY AND TRIED TO INVADE, YES INVADE THE OTHER PART OF SO THEY HAD TO REACT AFTER A FEW DAYS THINK ABOUT IT EVEN RUSSIA DIDNT EVEN GO STRAUGHT IN, SO YOU ARE SAYIN IF SOMEONE TRIES TO INVADE OUR COUNTRY OR NORTH OF CYPRUS WE WONT REACT?? YOU MAD

Aeronaut No offense but your posts sicken me - How you can you so openly support intervention in another country by bunch of Arabic Dictators?All this freedom and democracy talk is bullsh!t why not bring democracy to Saudi, Qatar and Jordan first?By your posts i can say you would have supported 1971 intervention of India in Bangladesh and would support intervention in Balochistan?!Turks should be careful as well..who knows one day these Arabs could start supporting Kurdish Freedom. After all these Arabs have previously betrayed Ottoman Empire.

I think Davutuglu says this to the Iranian foreign minister:

We helped you a lot in UN. Now it is your turn. Our exports are dropping down. Tell Iraq to buy more. We need at least 30 Billion $ export to Iraq this year. Give us more way to the central Asia countries. We will pay you back in Syria.
Just let Assad ago and install any other puppet you wish. We will buy more gas and oil instead.

I thought you was serious in thus thread your trolling now

FOR ONCE WHY NOT MAKE OIC FUNCTIONING OTHER THAN SYMBOLIC......

Back
Top Bottom