What's new

Oliver Hazard Class Frigate Acquisition by Pakistan

Interesting .... but Penguin weren't the 3 Lynx retd? or grounded etc?:coffee:

Possibly, but I have no way of verifying. If they were non-operational for whatever reason, then you might see Alouette III used for liason purposes. And of course, there may be more Z-9 becoming available in due course. Don't know about F22P but OHP could definitely operate ("house on board") Sea King.

web_100330-N-7058E-513.jpg

Hi-res

100330-N-7058E-513 PACIFIC OCEAN (March 30, 2010) The guided-missile frigate USS McInerney (FFG 8), with a MQ-8B Fire Scout unmanned aerial vehicle on its flight deck, cruises in formation with a rigid-hull inflatable boat from the littoral combat ship USS Freedom (LCS 1) during joint counter-illicit trafficking operations in the U.S. 4th Fleet area of responsibility. (U.S. Navy photo by Lt. Ed Early/Released)

Last edited:
Negative i am referring to Turkish Navy. I am not sure as to the exact number of naval helicopters pakistan has for these ships. I am sure they will find something suitable. If we wait till the first ship comes to Pakistan i am sure we will see a helicopter on it soon enough.

ooops:oops:
sorry!!

but wait a minute :what: where did this came from :what:???

i mean we were discussing PN prospects!:D

well it is not about whether the OHp can handle sea king or not but the question is that from where are we going to get the Sea Kings, or, in that case any helo that PN opts to use from this boat.

one option can be use of existing fleet from these platforms as the olderd Type-21 are going to be retired now and subsequently look for better and modren helos for more important and modren frigates that ON is intrested in like the F22p frigates etc.

this will be a good idea as this way ON wont go spending money on platform that will nnot be sating active duty of rlong decades. but, this nevertheless further handicap the already wobbling OHP!!

regards!

US to hand Pakistan Navy F-260 Frigate

Tuesday,
August 31, 2010

ISLAMABAD: US will hand Pakistan Navy an advanced warship F-260 Frigate, Geo News reported.

The warship will be named ‘PNS Alamgir’ while Captain Naveed Ashraf will take pride of becoming its maiden Commanding Officer.

Frigate F-260 was named after a US Commodore Oliver Hazardperry Class, which Pakistan will get amid a celebration with Pakistan envoy to US Hussain Haqqani being ‘Chief Guest’ to be held in US State Florida.

Many a navy forces worldwide are equipped with Oliver Hazardperry Class Frigate F-260 warship, which is also meant for maritime security purposes, sources told media.

Meanwhile, Pakistan warship crew, meant for new Frigate F-260, has arrived in US and is being trained at a Navy Port Station in US.

8-31-2010_70724_l.gif

Updated at: 0126 PST, Tuesday, August 31, 2010
ISLAMABAD: US will hand Pakistan Navy an advanced warship F-260 Frigate, Geo News reported.

The warship will be named ‘PNS Alamgir’ while Captain Naveed Ashraf will take pride of becoming its maiden Commanding Officer.

Frigate F-260 was named after a US Commodore Oliver Hazardperry Class, which Pakistan will get amid a celebration with Pakistan envoy to US Hussain Haqqani being ‘Chief Guest’ to be held in US State Florida.

Many a navy forces worldwide are equipped with Oliver Hazardperry Class Frigate F-260 warship, which is also meant for maritime security purposes, sources told media.

Meanwhile, Pakistan warship crew, meant for new Frigate F-260, has arrived in US and is being trained at a Navy Port Station in US.

Last edited:
I think you should post it in the already open OHP class frigate thread.

Tuesday,
August 31, 2010

good news but this article was constructed very badly.

Where is the ship already the date has passed!

US will hand Pakistan Navy an advanced warship

It is not an advanced warship! USS McInerney is the second oldest Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate built in 1979. It is 31 years old frigate which would be upgraded to Pakistani Navy's specifications.

well it is not about whether the OHp can handle sea king or not but the question is that from where are we going to get the Sea Kings, or, in that case any helo that PN opts to use from this boat.
IIRC PN operates 6 Sea Kings... (I didn't suggest buying additional ones)

one option can be use of existing fleet from these platforms as the olderd Type-21 are going to be retired now and subsequently look for better and modren helos for more important and modren frigates that ON is intrested in like the F22p frigates etc.
Type 21 were supposed to carry the Sea Lynx helicopters (and we were informed above that these are out of operation since 2003, with no prospects. See also here).

this will be a good idea as this way ON wont go spending money on platform that will nnot be sating active duty of rlong decades. but, this nevertheless further handicap the already wobbling OHP!!

regards!

PN has tested a Schiebel Camcopter S-100 helicopter Unmanned aerial vehicles from a Type 21 helideck in 2008

It is not an advanced warship! USS McInerney is the second oldest Oliver Hazard Perry class frigate built in 1979. It is 31 years old frigate which would be upgraded to Pakistani Navy's specifications.

Despite its age, it is still more advanced in several ways than the Type 21s operated by PN...

I heard this frigate is retired from US Army and about 25 years old technology......so my question is what Pak Navy is looking into this frigate...

On its way.

It can't fly, i hope you know that.:azn:

I think iam old enough to know that don't be starcastic... dont' be a little boy act matture i asked a simple question and wasn't to you.:tdown:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom