What's new

Oliver Hazard Class Frigate Acquisition by Pakistan

We got one not 2. We had 8 total S-70Bs then one crashed back in 03 or 02 so we had 7. Then we ordered 17 more. (I think we plan on using them for all our ships(Mekos))

are you saying that we are operating 8 SH-70z???:what:
source??

regards!

are you saying that we are operating 8 SH-70z???:what:
source??

regards!

Negative i am referring to Turkish Navy. I am not sure as to the exact number of naval helicopters pakistan has for these ships. I am sure they will find something suitable. If we wait till the first ship comes to Pakistan i am sure we will see a helicopter on it soon enough.

We shall have to see .... what will it carry.

Options:

a) each OHP ship is transferred with its standard complement of 2 Sikorsky SH-60 or S-70B Sea Hawk LAMPS III helicopters
supporting case: Turkey
b) each OHP ship is transferred with a complement of 2 Kaman SH-2 SeaSrite LAMPS I or SH2G Super Seasprite helicopters
supporting cases: Poland, Egypt
c) each OHP ship is transferred without a complement of helicopters, and may use other available, non-US ASW helicopter(s)
supporting case: Bahrain (MBB BO-105)

PN is known to operate (or at least have operated) the following helicopter types:
Westland Lynx - anti-ship/anti-submarine/transport helicopters (3?)
Westland Sea King Mk45 -anti-ship/anti-submarine/transport helicopters (6?).
Aérospatiale SA-319B Alouette III - transport/anti-ship helicopters 6+?)
Harbin Z-9 anti-ship/anti-submarine/transport helicopters (6?).

OHP can land and support all these types and probably accommodate all types in the hangar (Sea King dimensions are very similar to SH-60, the other types are all smaller)

are we getting the ship on 31st? what anti air missile it got? sm2? what anti ship missile? hapoon? :D

Could be seaking.....

Agreed, or a mix. Consider McInerney is the first of a total of 6, not all of which would be at sea needing helicopters all the time. 6 Sea Kings could work but additional choppers would likely be needed for a full heli-complement on each ship. I'm assuming the 6 Z-9s are reserved for the F22P, so that would leave 6 Sea King plus 3 Sea Lynx and possibly fomr Allouette III. Another possibility would be to use 1 hangar for a helicopter and the other for 1 or 2 rotary winged UAVs (which would have to be acquired e.g. Firescout)

Last edited:
Agreed, or a mix. Consider McInerney is the first of a total of 6, not all of which would be at sea needing helicopters all the time. 6 Sea Kings could work but additional choppers would likely be needed for a full heli-complement on each ship. I'm assuming the 6 Z-9s are reserved for the F22P, so that would leave 6 Sea King plus 3 Sea Lynx and possibly fomr Allouette III. Another possibility would be to use 1 hangar for a helicopter and the other for 1 or 2 rotary winged UAVs (which would have to be acquired e.g. Firescout)

Interesting .... but Penguin weren't the 3 Lynx retd? or grounded etc?:coffee:

Well lynx are not operational anymore (according to pakdef).

why not buy new lynx alomost 50 percent of birtish forces army navy travel on lynx

Today is the Big day if teh Aug 31st date is correct......:)

Lets see what it comes with....

:cheers:

why not buy new lynx almost 50 percent of British forces army navy travel on lynx

Because our previous experience was not good with the British as they had stopped supplying spares for the lynx that PN has now in its inventory.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pakistan to get US guided-missile frigate on Aug 31

Are there any Misguided missile Frigates too??? ;)

Seems like something is burning.........:flame:

welll guys as today we r getting this baby any pics have arrived if yes please post it from florida

Back
Top Bottom