What's new

Oliver Hazard Class Frigate Acquisition by Pakistan

Thank what Burkah Frigate to you if OHP is nude? :woot:
Thori si research karo.

OHP still today is much much better then F-22p.

Do you mean systems wise or armament ? Since the OHP is pretty stripped down. It has no SSM and no AAW capability the only way it would even be able to battle ships is to try to torpedo them somehow or maybe try to fire its CIWS or 76mm gun at them if they are close enough. F-22p does not have any of these shortcomings. To me these OHP seem like a much needed stop gap solution. I do hope Pakistan goes for the TF-2000 from turkey that would be a very very big boost to their navy even if they order 1-2 ships it would give them much needed capability.

Thank what Burkah Frigate to you if OHP is nude? :woot:
Thori si research karo.

OHP still today is much much better then F-22p.

probably a betetr radar and sensors!
in weapons i think f-22p is better!

If our perry class are to be equipped with SM-1 R or ER, we already have them in service for at least 15 years but if we are going for the new versions i.e. the SM-2, then it makes sense. Source of SM-1 presence in our navy.

Pakistan Military Consortium :: www.PakDef.info

To the extent that PN operated Standard SM1MR, it did so from four Brooke class ships it leased from the US in 1988/89. The lease expired and wasn't renewed in 1993. These ships and four similar Garcia class ships (but without SM1 capability) were returned to the US. Since then, PN has had no means to launch and guide any SM1MR Standard missiles it may still have retained in inventory. Effectively, that means PN doesn't operate SM1MR at this point.

Do you mean systems wise or armament ? Since the OHP is pretty stripped down. It has no SSM and no AAW capability the only way it would even be able to battle ships is to try to torpedo them somehow or maybe try to fire its CIWS or 76mm gun at them if they are close enough. F-22p does not have any of these shortcomings. To me these OHP seem like a much needed stop gap solution. I do hope Pakistan goes for the TF-2000 from turkey that would be a very very big boost to their navy even if they order 1-2 ships it would give them much needed capability.

You are overlooking that it normally carries 2 SH60 LAMPS helicopters, which are capably of launching 'Penguin', a lightweight 32km range antiship missile with IIR terminal guidance. I wouldn't be surprise if these can use Hellfire ATGWs as well. The helicopters can also carry Mk46 ASW torbedoes, which greatly extends the range at which these could be employed against a surface target. In addition to Phalanx CIWS and 76mm Compact naval gun, they have 2x 25mm automatic cannon on the flanks for close in protection against small craft.

As regards being stripped down, it is likely that only the launcher arm of the Mk13 was removed, leaving the rest of the missile launcher (magazine, loading mechanism etc) in place. If so, then missile capability can easily be restored. If not, then a quick fix would be instalation of 1x 21-round RAM launcher forward and a pair of Harpoon deck-launching racks either forward or amid ships (as e.g. in Taiwanese sheps). The only other item dismounted is the STIR illunimator for Standard missile guidance. The WM25 can guide SARH-missiles like Sparrow and Standard but only out to relatively short ranges. An alternative to RAM (though not a preferred alternative) might therefor be to place a single 8-round Sea Sparrow launcher forward.

With out an ample air defence this ship will be merely a distraction , unless it has ample air defence capabilities or we aquire chinese air defence ships to compliment this OHP class

Its good first long ship for our navy , good practice ship and anti submarine strategies

But a liability with no air defences at present

With out an ample air defence this ship will be merely a distraction , unless it has ample air defence capabilities or we aquire chinese air defence ships to compliment this OHP class

Its good first long ship for our navy , good practice ship and anti submarine strategies

But a liability with no air defences at present

I would like to remind you and everyone else that 3 of the 6 Type 21 currently in PN service do not have any SAM apability at all, just CIWS. Further, while the other 3 ships have a 5-round HQ6 (LY60) missile launcher, that doesn't represent a particularly fierce capability and these ships lack a CIWS. Moreover, the SAM equipped ships have no Harpoon while the CIWS equipped ships do have 4 Harpoons. An FFG7 ship with a 21 round RAM launcher and 4 Harpoons would outclass any and all of the Type 21s in service, and would not be seriously poorer armed for AAW and AShW than the F22P, while having superior ASW capablity. With a functioning Mk13 launcher with SM1MR and Harpoon, they are at least qual to F22P in all respects.

One way or another, these ships will be frontline rather than practice ships: PN does not require 6 'practice ships'

when they are arriving any dates friends i heared we will get total in 8 of these if im not wrong

the Turkish upgradation plane seem to be the only way to keep the platform capable enough to keep floating in modren warfare enviorment.

the condition in which we are getting them..:rolleyes:
perhaps the missile boat we are operating are more capable!!:sick:

regards!

Hi,

At one time the highest grossing Pizza hut in the world was in pakistan----it is not a matter of disliking----it is a problem with how america is being marketed without anyone speaking up for it.

not about how it is being marketted but how it is behaving with us.
dont you think that US relation with Pakistan have always been based on a dual policy.
we have been betrayed by the US on a number of occasions!

regards!

when they are arriving any dates friends i heared we will get total in 8 of these if im not wrong

Discussed to death: 1 this ausgust (McInerney) the rest later (probably in 2012 or 2013, juding from USN decommissioning plans)

the Turkish upgradation plane seem to be the only way to keep the platform capable enough to keep floating in modren warfare enviorment.

the condition in which we are getting them..:rolleyes:
perhaps the missile boat we are operating are more capable!!:sick:

regards!

The condition you are getting them will be better than it was when it leaves USN service i.e. up to USN and current operational capability standard and refurbished.

The condition you are getting them will be better than it was when it leaves USN service i.e. up to USN and current operational capability standard and refurbished.

i hope PN opts to spend some $$ even from therepocket and atleast equip them with some good weapons. although this do not seems to be happening but with out them the ships will be sitting duck to any hotility.

regards!

Is this warship can in any way be used as a deterrance against Nuclear Powered subs i mean the Arihant class of India .. !!!

Back
Top Bottom