@Marshmallow :P

ty Ayush:police:

LOL @Abii

How you doing in Siberia bro?

Now ruz, In Urdu I think means:

Naya rohz.

Matlab New continuation.

In Pakistan rohz means every day.

Not sure about Now, but I think it means new, which in Urdu would be Naya.

So in my Pakistani mind Nowruz means new continuation.

now is naya n roz is day so its new day or new year

Last edited by a moderator:
pistachio???what is that strange word?

Its a dry fruit.
xmicfc.jpg

That was sarcasm from him my friend.
Certainly,living in Iran, largest producer of pistachio in the world, every single citizen knows what it is. :P

We call it Fostoq Halabi, it's delicious no doubt but I don't like it since you get to open every one to eat, I am pretty lazy at this.

BTW, happy Nowruz to all of you.

Happy nowruz everyeone. Great pictures, reminds me of diwali and holi in India.

Its so awesome to have your own traditions that go back thousands of years :)

eh...i thought being a marathi manooos you would say ganesh chathurthi.....

We call it Fostoq Halabi, it's delicious no doubt but I don't like it since you get to open every one to eat, I am pretty lazy at this.

BTW, happy Nowruz to all of you.

get the pre-opened ones then
they're already seasoned as well

In Iran we eat "ajil" (mixed nuts and berries) like crazy. It's one of the million things I miss about Iran. Here I have to go and buy everything individually and mix them myself. Trying to find dry white mulberries in Edmonton is harder than winning the lottery. Finding salted chikpeas is hard as well.

But damn it, it's f'ing worth it.

7-SAV152-recipe-ajil-750x750.jpg

In Iran we eat "ajil" (mixed nuts and berries) like crazy.

The closest thing to premixed would be trailmix at any hiking/outdoor sports shop. Trailmix comes in many varieties, from the cheapo stuff (mostly peanuts) to better mixes (almonds, cashews, etc.).

get the pre-opened ones then
they're already seasoned as well

In Iran we eat "ajil" (mixed nuts and berries) like crazy. It's one of the million things I miss about Iran. Here I have to go and buy everything individually and mix them myself. Trying to find dry white mulberries in Edmonton is harder than winning the lottery. Finding salted chikpeas is hard as well.

But damn it, it's f'ing worth it.

7-SAV152-recipe-ajil-750x750.jpg

I'm a huge fan as well, BTW I tried some of those recipes you and surenas told me a while back. The only one I believe I did not butcher was the ice cream one lol.

The closest thing to premixed would be trailmix at any hiking/outdoor sports shop. Trailmix comes in many varieties, from the cheapo stuff (mostly peanuts) to better mixes (almonds, cashews, etc.).

yeap, but I consider that the ghetto version of ajil

I bought a few packs of trail mix today actually. As soon as I go to an Iranian store I'll buy the good stuff.

For my work I need to have this stuff in every pocket or I'll pass out by the end of the shift lol

Back
Top Bottom