What's new

Nowruz: Iranian New Year

I'm a huge fan as well, BTW I tried some of those recipes you and surenas told me a while back. The only one I believe I did not butcher was the ice cream one lol.

holy ****
I knew I missed smtg at the grocery store today

need to get me a 4L tub of those shitty vanilla "ice creams" and make some akbar mashti
The Iranian restaurant near me is charging 4-5 dollars a cup. fuuuk that lol

here's a recipee for ajil

MAKES ABOUT 5 CUPS

INGREDIENTS
1 cup roasted, salted pumpkin seeds
1 cup whole, salted pistachios
1 cup sugar-coated slivered almonds (or noghl available at Sadaf.com)
⅔ cup dried mulberries (available at Puritan's Pride)
½ cup roasted, unsalted almonds
½ cup dried, salted chickpeas
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup dried currants
8 dried Mission figs
8 dried Turkish figs

I highlighted one of the ingredients (noghl) b/c I feel like it's stupid to put that in the mix. Noghl's pretty much candy. And it's hard to find anyway so forget about it.

end result

7-SAV152-recipe-ajil-750x750.jpg

yeap, but I consider that the ghetto version of ajil

Agree. It was just a suggestion to "get by" until you get the real stuff.

We have similar thing in Pakistan/India, we call it "sukha mewa" which means, literally, dried fruit/nuts.

holy ****

need to get me a 4L tub of those shitty vanilla "ice creams" and make some akbar mashti

MAKES ABOUT 5 CUPS

INGREDIENTS
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup dried currants
8 dried Mission figs
8 dried Turkish figs

I highlighted one of the ingredients (noghl) b/c I feel like it's stupid to put that in the mix. Noghl's pretty much candy. And it's hard to find anyway so forget about it.

end result

7-SAV152-recipe-ajil-750x750.jpg

Haha thanks I will give it a go. Like developer said in Pakistan there is something similar. Yea akbar mashup it was really good but I probably messed up some parts still, I gotta get my hands on the real deal some how.

Agree. It was just a suggestion to "get by" until you get the real stuff.

We have similar thing in Pakistan/India, we call it "sukha mewa" which means, literally, dried fruit/nuts.

yeah I figured you guys will have some version as well
I was actually looking up Pakistani/Indian businesses on Yelp. There seems to be only one Iranian store in all of Edmonton and it's far away. So diff from Vancouver where there was an Iranian store every 10 meters.

Anyway, some pics from Perspolis. People spending Norooz with our father Koroush (Cyrus).

_MG_6114.jpg

_MG_6331.jpg

_MG_6168.jpg

_MG_6295.jpg

_MG_6131.jpg

_MG_6321.jpg

_MG_6327.jpg

_MG_6157.jpg

_MG_6214.jpg

_MG_6227.jpg

_MG_6190.jpg

Edit: just noticed the last pic
great to see our zoroastrians showing our father that the flame is still lit and that the barbarians inside the gates will never be able to defeat the Iranian nation.

Wow I didn't know iranian also celebrate Naowruz., It's mostly celebrated by kashmiris. its a major kashmiri festival

holy ****

MAKES ABOUT 5 CUPS

INGREDIENTS
½ cup golden raisins
½ cup dried currants
8 dried Mission figs
8 dried Turkish figs

end result

yeah Noghl isn't one of the ajil's ingredients , at least I've never seen .... many use it by their tea instead of sugar cubes.

Wow I didn't know iranian also celebrate Naowruz., It's mostly celebrated by kashmiris. its a major kashmiri festival

wow . dude Norrowz is an Iranian festival .

lmfao

noroz is our festival

we invented it

wtf you mean "also"?

And no, it's not "mostly celebrated" by kashmiris. You have 80 mln Iranians, tens of millions of Afghans, uzbeks, tajiks, Azerbaijanis and tens of millions of kurds and other Central Asians celebrating it.

We also celbrate char shanbe soori, 13 bedar etc... These are all Iranian festivals.

lmfao

noroz is our festival

we invented it

wtf you mean "also"?

And no, it's not "mostly celebrated" by kashmiris. You have 80 mln Iranians, tens of millions of Afghans, uzbeks, tajiks, Azerbaijanis and tens of millions of kurds and other Central Asians celebrating it.

We also celbrate char shanbe soori, 13 bedar etc... These are all Iranian festivals.

Yea I guess it is an iranian festival originally or maybe we can call it our shared culture/heritage :cheers:
Nowruz in kashmir:
reportint20130321153105060.jpg

Yea I guess it is an iranian festival originally or maybe we can call it our shared culture/heritage :cheers:
Nowruz in kashmir:
reportint20130321153105060.jpg
you know,its like saying people of Australia speak in English but i didnt know English is also being spoken in England.you know its just like a joke...

Novruz messages of various Turkic peoples.

Novruz bayramınız mübarək olsun (Azerbaijan)

2yl6vj5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom