What's new

Nowruz: Iranian New Year

No you're fine. You just want to associate yourself with them for some reason. Never understood why. No matter how many times you call yourself a wahabi, you won't be one. A wahabi is a diseased and sick individual. He's full of hate and riddled with an untreatable cancer that's quickly rotting his brain. He/she is worse than a sick psycopath on a killing spree and must be quickly put down like a farm animal that just contracted the mad cow disease. You can replace the word wahabi with Iranian mullahs btw. Same barbarian **** bags that decided to come out of the sands on the other side of Persian Gulf 1400 years ago to troll humanity.

Brother, we just Muslims like my grandfather who is wahabi,

He was a very fun guy and was a poet. He took religion seriously, but that doesn't mean he was like a mullah.

My grandfather once got humiliated for mentioning a woman's breasts in his poetry, and have her curse him. Also all the other villagers were like wtf man, you are the Imam. LOL

I just posted something and you guys have to ruin it?

Celebrating Novruz does not make ones culture "Persian/Iranian", besides its celebrated by almost all of Turkic nations, and many other nations, hardly it is Persian/Iranian, neverthless it does not make ones culture "Persian", if you say so then you don't know the definition of "culture".

And perhaps you guys also have the Dede Qorqud figure in your Novruz celebrations? Unlikely.

Book of Dede Korkut - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

1331645277_62.jpg

Celebrating Novruz does not make ones culture "Persian/Iranian", besides its celebrated by almost all of Turkic nations, and many other nations, hardly it is Persian/Iranian, neverthless it does not make ones culture "Persian", if you say so then you don't know the definition of "culture".

And perhaps you guys also have the Dede Qorqud figure in your Novruz celebrations? Unlikely.

1331645277_62.jpg

When the Norruwz is rooted in Iranian history and culture then why are you trying to close your eyes on it? if it's not Iranian then what it is? if you are not Persianized then why don't you have your own new year festival?

Yes, it does make ones culture Persian. The celebration of Eastern has made cultures in Europe Christian too. Just like the celebration of Nowruz is particularly seen in countries/regions with strong Iranian ethnicity (Iran, Kordestan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan) and in countries with traditionally strong influences of Persian culture (Azerbaijan, Uzbekistan, etc).

The festivity is of Persian origin (fire, sabzeh, etc) are all Persian elements which were passed to other countries. The fact that you and your fellow Turkic brothers are celebrating this feast is testimonial for your ancient (cultural) Persian past, which you deliberately try to hide because it undermines your delusional pan-Turkic wet-dream.

1331645277_62.jpg

We have this guy in our culture and Nowruz celebration which bears surprisingly a lot of physical similarities to that guy:

amoo_norooz.jpg

And the roots of this guy are 2000 year older than that guy.

How funny that you came in this topic to show us your proud notion of Azerbaijanis celebrating Nowruz, a Persian festival, while you can't understand that it only strengthen our notion of Azerbaijanis still being Persians. Thats what I meant when I said that if you scratch a Azerbaijani long enough, you will find a Persian body in him.

When the Norruwz is rooted in Iranian history and culture then why are you trying to close your eyes on it? if it's not Iranian then what it is? if you are not Persianized then why don't you have your own new year festival?

Because there culture is of Persian, Greek and Arab (Islam) origin. Thats why Turkey celebrates an Christian new year date, while Azerbaijan a Persian new year date. Their culture is just too weak to be independent or significant. Look at Azerbaijan; Zurkhaneh, Persian-style poetry, Nowruz, fire, Persian music (instruments) and large influence of Persian language on Azerbaijani. You will find more Iranian cultural elements in their culture than Turkish. That is why they claim all Iranian elements as Turkish, because if they do not, their supposed Turkic-identity will be at stake. Pathetic bunch of creatures. Nowruz has been declared as a Persian New Year by the UN, while these people are jumping over fire, and still dare to claim that Iran or Iranians have nothing to do with it! Joke of the century.

about the calender ...

as i REMEMBER!!!

Iranians used a calender that had 12 months ,but because of their miscalculation in some of the months , with the pass of the time the seasons was mixed up and they couldn't calculate the year in a good way ,so the Iranian mathematician and astronomer Khayyam started his observations (in the sky, and he made a lot of star maps ), finally it last a decade to be completed .... after that he made the lunar calender that we are still using it .... and this 1392 is the numbers of the year passed since the creation of this calender ( i think)

@Abii did current and previous Iranian goverment allot resources to preserve Cyrus' grave.

Last edited by a moderator:
Turks even in Shamanist times had similar beliefs, that the start of spring and end of winter marks a new beginning of the year, which is the whole point of Novruz. So what, you can call it by any name, if we called Novruz as "Yenigün" (Yeni Gün), would it make it solely Turkic then? In Turkic cultures, now its blended in with Iranian elements but still retaining some of the shamanist features aswell. It is not only Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan celebrating it, but Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzystan, Crimean Tatars and so on.

Anyway, if you ask me there is no point in ruining this thread.

Turks even in Shamanist times had similar beliefs, that the start of spring and end of winter marks a new beginning in the year, which is the whole point of Novruz. So what, you can call it by any name. In Turkic cultures, now its blended in with Iranian elements but still retaining some of the shamanist features aswell. It is not only Uzbekistan and Azerbaijan celebrating it, but Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzystan, Crimean Tatars and so on.

BS. You Turks lived in tents 2000 years ago, while we had build cities and astrological measures, and you want to tell me that you guys celebrated a spring festival? Its of pure Persian origin.

And I'm not against Turks celebrating this festivity. It only strengthen our cultural bonds to these countries. That is why president Ahmadinejad travelled to Turkmenistan a couple of days ago, to celebrate with his Turkic and Iranic brothers a Persian festivity.

As I grow older, i've actually started celebrating traditional indian festivals (i'm not religious) and this thread gives me great pleasure. There's something magical about thousands of years old traditions.

I'd love to be at Cyrus's grave on such a day and take it all in.

Btw ASQ, it would have been a lot more classier if you guys had acknowledged the roots of this celebration, and just stated that it strengthen your bond with the region and other cultures. But I guess that will undermine your anti-Iranian stance and pan-Turkic dream.

BS. You Turks lived in tents 2000 years ago, while we had build cities and astrological measures, and you want to tell me that you guys celebrated a spring festival? Its of pure Persian origin.

And I'm not against Turks celebrating this festivity. It only strengthen our cultural bonds to these countries. That is why president Ahmadinejad travelled to Turkmenistan a couple of days ago, to celebrate with his Turkic and Iranic brothers a Persian festivity.

Perhaps Native Americans also stealed the Persian culture?

Spring Equinox and the native New Year - Columnists - Salem, Massachusetts - Salem Gazette

Yes. Just like Europeans when they celebrate Eastern, Santa Claus/Black Peter, etc. All these Iranian cultural elements are seen in many countries.

Btw, you know pretty well that your country and those other Turkic countries celebrating Nowruz fall under the Greater Iran region. That is why you are celebrating it.

about the calender ...

as i REMEMBER!!!

Iranians used a calender that had 12 months ,but because of their miscalculation in some of the months , with the pass of the time the seasons was mixed up and they couldn't calculate the year in a good way ,so the Iranian mathematician and astronomer Khayyam started his observations (in the sky, and he made a lot of star maps ), finally it last a decade to be completed .... after that he made the lunar calender that we are still using it .... and this 1392 is the numbers of the year passed since the creation of this calender ( i think)

I think it's a solar calender not a lunar one.

Yes. Just like Europeans when they celebrate Eastern, Santa Claus/Black Peter, etc. All these Iranian cultural elements are seen in many countries.

Btw, you know pretty well that your country and those other Turkic countries celebrating Nowruz fall under the Greater Iran region. That is why you are celebrating it.

Surenas, it's obvious that Norouz is an Iranian festival and in fact whoever celebrates it is following our culture. The point is he doesn't want to accept it.

“Sometimes people hold a core belief that is very strong. When they are presented with evidence that works against that belief, the new evidence cannot be accepted. It would create a feeling that is extremely uncomfortable, called cognitive dissonance. And because it is so important to protect the core belief, they will rationalize, ignore and even deny anything that doesn’t fit in with the core belief.”​

Back
Top Bottom